Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2022, 06:25 AM
    Lunacy on steroids
    At Disney you can change your gender with no problem, but changing your birthdate requires jumping through hoops. Why can't I simply self-identify as 45?

Name:  disney.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  121.4 KB
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2022, 07:04 AM
    why do they need gender info at all ?
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2022, 07:29 AM
    And why would they need age other than below 18 (minors) and above some "senior" figure of 60, 65, or whatever? For most people, why would age be a consideration so central that it requires Disney's approval to change?
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2022, 05:32 AM
    At least there is no shortage of candidates for the "Lunacy on Steroids Award". Blake Allen, a freshman student at Randolph Union High School in Vermont, has the crazy idea that she should be allowed to undress in a locker room without being in the presence of a male. When that happened, she lodged a complaint and was found guilty of exercising her right to free speech in speaking with other students about it. Blake said this.

The school began an investigation into the comments I made in class and banned our entire girls’ volleyball team from using the girls’ locker room. The co-principals notified me that I was found guilty of harassment and bullying of "a student on the basis of the targeted student’s gender identity." As punishment, school officials told me I must take part in a "restorative justice circle" with the equity coordinator, submit a "reflective essay," and serve out-of-school suspension.
    Thankfully, she exercised some courage and is fighting back. She has filed a lawsuit against the school which she will likely win. Thank goodness there is still some common sense to be found in Vermont. Predictably, on the same day that she filed suit, the superintendent rescinded the disciplinary actions that had been taken against her, thus showing yet again that if we pushback against these cowardly robots, they will cave like a house of cards.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2022, 06:00 AM
    yeah lunacy is running rampant in the country

NY they are letting criminals walk bail free . DC they voted to reduce penalties for car jacking and gun violence .

DC Council Lowers Sentences for Gun Crimes as Homicides Surge (freebeacon.com)

But in Waco Texas a woman was handcuffed in front of her son and thrown in jail for the heinous crime of making him walk a half mile home on safe suburban streets .
    Heather Wallace ;a certified educator was charged with endangering a child, a felony carrying a mandatory minimum of two years in prison.

A woman one block away had called the cops to report a boy walking outside alone. That lady had actually asked Aiden where he lived, verified that it was just down the street, and proceeded to call nonetheless. The cops picked up Aiden on his own block.
    As they stood on her porch, the officers told Wallace that her son could have been kidnapped and sex trafficked. "'You don't see much sex trafficking where you are, but where I patrol in downtown Waco, we do,'" said one of the cops, according to Wallace.
    This statement struck her as odd.
    "They were basically admitting that this is a safe neighborhood," she says.
    The officer then asked Wallace whether she would let her son walk home again, now that she knew about the sex trafficking.
    "I still didn't know it was illegal and I said, 'I don't know,'" says Wallace. "That's when the cop replied, 'Okay, I'm going to have to arrest you.'"
    Mother Handcuffed, Jailed for 8-12 months-Outdated Son Strolling Half a Mile - Sociorep

Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2022, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah lunacy is running rampant in the country

NY they are letting criminals walk bail free . DC they voted to reduce penalties for car jacking and gun violence .

DC Council Lowers Sentences for Gun Crimes as Homicides Surge (freebeacon.com)

But in Waco Texas a woman was handcuffed in front of her son and thrown in jail for the heinous crime of making him walk a half mile home on safe suburban streets .
    Heather Wallace ;a certified educator was charged with endangering a child, a felony carrying a mandatory minimum of two years in prison.

A woman one block away had called the cops to report a boy walking outside alone. That lady had actually asked Aiden where he lived, verified that it was just down the street, and proceeded to call nonetheless. The cops picked up Aiden on his own block.
    As they stood on her porch, the officers told Wallace that her son could have been kidnapped and sex trafficked. "'You don't see much sex trafficking where you are, but where I patrol in downtown Waco, we do,'" said one of the cops, according to Wallace.
    This statement struck her as odd.
    "They were basically admitting that this is a safe neighborhood," she says.
    The officer then asked Wallace whether she would let her son walk home again, now that she knew about the sex trafficking.
    "I still didn't know it was illegal and I said, 'I don't know,'" says Wallace. "That's when the cop replied, 'Okay, I'm going to have to arrest you.'"
    Mother Handcuffed, Jailed for 8-12 months-Outdated Son Strolling Half a Mile - Sociorep
    Your sociorep link is so badly written, I was suspicious and looked elsewhwere for the story. What I found was the most outrageous thing of the kind I have ever seen. Those cops and all concerned from the courts to the health/family officials badly need to be disciplined for gross incompetence.

That's my reaction from reading the story at REASON.com. Here's the link where it is properly written and has more outrageous details.

https://reason.com/2022/11/16/suburban-mom-jailed-handcuffed-cps-son-walk-home/?comments=true#comments

Uber Member

Nov 17, 2022, 06:34 AM
    I had to erase my original post since, alas, I did not fully read and consider the response from Athos. After doing so, I found to my amazement that I agreed with him, thus showing that such things do happen. This comment of his was entirely correct. "What I found was the most outrageous thing of the kind I have ever seen. Those cops and all concerned from the courts to the health/family officials badly need to be disciplined for gross incompetence." My apologies for going off "half-cocked" on my original response.
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2022, 04:44 AM
    Disney dumped the chump. They booted the CEO that went totally woke ;who destroyed their brand ;who made their stock garbage losing more than half its value .Good riddence Bob Chapek. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All he did was destroy a century long reputation that the company was family friendly . This is a guy who managed to do the almost impossible destruction of the MCU universe with a series of shoddy TV series . He would've done the same to Star Wars if the franchise had not already been severely damaged by the prequel movies .

Previous CEO Bob Iger has been called to duty to fix the company . But Iger suffers from the same woke illusions . So I really don't see the rot in the company being cut out with this change . Chapek was just at the helm when the ship hit the iceberg. Iger steered it in that direction.
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2022, 03:28 AM
    Woke Disney gave control of the company to an old white male .
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2022, 04:09 AM
    If they go down, then good riddance. And that's sad to say, but they could have taken a stand for decency and common sense, and instead took a stand for craziness and, they thought, money.
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2022, 07:13 AM
    This is the woke agenda Disney promotes ..

Gender-Affirming Chest Reconstruction Among Transgender and Gender-Diverse Adolescents in the US From 2016 to 2019 | Adolescent Medicine | JAMA Pediatrics | JAMA Network

389% !!!!!!!

The rest of the world calls this mutilation .

We call it gender affirming .
    Ultra Member

May 18, 2023, 07:16 AM
    Disney is again involved in the culture wars
    This one is a dozy.

Former wrestler Rhana Khan is suing the world . Her allegation is that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was the ringleader in a plot to kidnap her and her children . Among Johnson's co-defendants are ,(tighten your seat belts ), The State of Texas, The El Paso Child Protective Services, the FBI, The Las Cruces, New Mexico Police Department, The NYPD, The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, New York ACS, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc., Shirley Police Department, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Suffolk County NY, The Miz and Maryse, Heath Miller, Nikki Bella, Chris Benoit (deceased since 2007), Mark Jindrak, Panda Energy (the now-defunct company that owned TNA), Home Depot, Florida Championship Wrestling (also now defunct), Steve Keirn, The NWA, Billy Corgan, Deep South Wrestling (defunct), Bank of America, Michael Jordan, several universities, Jim Cornette, Mick Foley, New York City area energy company Con Edison and more like rapper Eminem, and model Naomi Campbell.

U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York is where the suit was filed.She got the go ahead in February to proceed .

Now when Johnny Depp was subject to being frivolously sued by his ex-wife ,Disney began looking to replace him in the 'Pirates of the Carribean 'franchise . The Rock was a logical choice .He proved to be a winner in Disney movies like 'Race to Witch Mountain' , 'The Game Plan', .Moana' , and The Jungle Cruise.

But when they got word of the absurd allegation about him ,they dropped him like a Rock.

Dwayne Johnson Axed From Disney Franchise Amid $3 Billion Lawsuit - Inside the Magic
    Uber Member

May 18, 2023, 08:13 PM
    But when they got word of the absurd allegation about him ,they dropped him like a Rock.
    It makes me wish I still watched Disney movies so I could stop watching Disney movies.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2023, 02:37 AM
    'Jungle Cruise' was surprisingly good .
    I went into it thinking it was going to be a rip off of the Bogart and Hepburn 'The African Queen' ,
    It was not ;although the Disney amusement park ride was based in part by Walt Disney's love of 'The African Queen' . The similarity is that in both movies they are being pursued by Germans . 'Jungle Cruise ' is predicated on the search for a tree that has magical powers. It is more a rip off of 'Avitar ', The female heroine is more of an action figure like a female Indiana Jones than the sophisticated Hepburn .

Anyway ;The Rock is an audience magnet and if Disney is basing it's business decision on this bizzarro law suit then they are the fools .
    Uber Member

May 19, 2023, 09:41 AM
    Cori Bush, a dem (naturally) from Missouri has decided that the relatively new-found ability of the Congress to spend money it does not have will now extend to reparations to the tune of 14 trillion dollars.

How do we manage to elect people this stupid?

Rep. Cori Bush, D-Mo., held a press conference on Wednesday unveiling her Reparations Now resolution, which declares "that the United States has a moral and legal obligation to provide reparations for the enslavement of Africans and its massive harm on the lives of millions." She suggested the total amount would be at least $14 trillion, which she described as the gap in wealth between Black and Whites.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 11:04 AM
    Name:  dq tday.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  44.1 KB
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2023, 01:34 PM
    No grooming from drag queens. Just fun reading books. I'd worry more about those kids' uncles and stepdads.
    Uber Member

May 25, 2023, 01:41 PM
    Yes, you would.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 25, 2023, 02:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yes, you would.
    At least there are years of evidence that uncle and stepdad grooming and abuse happened. By the clergy too. Nobody's complaining about drag queens who don't have time to be alone with a child to sexually abuse him/her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

More right wing Lunacy? [ 95 Answers ]

Georgia governor to sign 'unprecedented' bill expanding gun rights | Fox News Georgia Governor to Sign Sweeping Gun Bill - TIME I think right wingers in Georgia have gone crazy with this second amendment thing.

Right wing consistancy of lunacy and lies [ 53 Answers ]

Hello: Didja hear that Obama's trip to India is going to cost $200 MILLION a day? He's taking 37 warships, booked the entire Taj Mahal hotel, and is the worst president in history?? Didja hear they're going to dismantle TWO of Obama's helicopters and reassemble them in India?? Didja hear he's...

Full Moon Madness or Lunacy. Do You Think Such a Thing Really Exists? [ 202 Answers ]

Hi, All! I do. I'm wondering what others think? I always feel a little bit weird around the time of a full moon. Just not quite as "in-sync" as I might be... Any others, too? Or, not? Perhaps some people might be more susceptible to it than others? What about policeman who might be...

Steroids use [ 1 Answers ]

How you doing listen Im going to be frank I don't like beating around the bush . I got a bottle of "test" "prop" I left it out of room temp . Not in the freezeing cold anyway tha oil based steriod got cloudy.. Can I still use an expect full potencey

View more questions Search