Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2022, 05:42 AM
    Get ready for the Georgia steal
    You would think that even if Walker were to win the seat for the Repubs that the status quo 50-50 with Kam the Sham being the tie breaker would mean that the Dems do not need that 51st seat . You would be wrong .

Under the current 50-50 split the Dems have to do a degree of power sharing that they could scrap with that clear majority . They would have complete control of all Senate Committees . Their court packing could proceed unobstructed .There is less of a chance that if one of their geezer Senators passes away in a state with a Repub Guv that they would lose the majority . And finally ;the 2024 Senate map is a lot less friendly to the Dems as it was this year. There could be as many as a dozen competitive races for Dem held seats . (the blue states are the ones with Senators facing reelection ;orange is the Repubs . Red Illinois Repub Mike Braun has announced his retirement )

So yeah the Dems can't sit on their laurels . They do need Georgia as much as the Repubs.

Phase one of the steal is on.

In 2016, Georgia passed a law preventing voting within two days of a holiday. The run off early voting by law has to begin no earlier than Sunday November 27 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
    Last year they passed a law reducing run offs from a ridiculously long 9 weeks to a more reasonable 4 weeks .

Georgia Code § 21-2-385 (2021) - Procedure for Voting by Absentee Ballot; Advance Voting :: 2021 Georgia Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

In a blatant act of inviting judicial activism ,Raphael Warnock filed a lawsuit trying to change that. He thinks it is in his advantage for early voting to begin on the Saturday after Thanksgiving . He's probably right about that .So he wants the judiciary to again interfere in the election by changing Georgia law.

There is nothing unfair about the law . His suit only serves his self interest. The proper way to change a state law would be to get the legislature to change it ;not the judiciary in the middle of an election .He would have counties open up voting on a day they have not prepared to begin.

State law also requires counties to post early election time and locations a week in advance. I know many counties were meeting yesterday to set the time and place. They also must test voting machines no later than 3 days before balloting begins. Even if a judge ruled on Warnock's suit in his favor ;and it passed all the appeals ,it would be very difficult to begin on Saturday 26

His lawsuit would make the state courts a super legislative body. If he loses he will be shouting that tired old rant about voter suppression. He will have his talking point for the run off campaign. He will deny the results and claim that the Senate seat was stolen from him because his supporters could not vote on Saturday 26 .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2022, 09:45 AM
    The Babylon Bee said it pretty well. "Katie Hobbs Projected To Win Arizona Governor’s Race With 108% Of Precincts Reporting."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2022, 02:41 PM
    As predicted Fulton County Superior Court Judge Thomas Cox ,acting as a super legislator ruled in favor of early voting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving .

He also prohibited the state from interfering in efforts to hold early voting that day or preventing any votes cast that day from being counted.

Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger is planning on appealing the ruling .

Counties are supposed to give public notice seven days before starting early voting and some counties may not even want to do so. As of Thursday only 9 Dem counties had even filed for Sunday voting .

Let's see how Cox imposes the Warnock campaign will on them .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2022, 09:10 PM
    When do we begin to see all of this as the early signs of a move towards a lawless, totalitarian government?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my bfs ex trying to steal him from me? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for almost a year, his ex moved back to the area and I started feeling like there was still something between them. So I asked my boyfriend about it. He assured me that they were just friends. About a week later I met her with him in a store, she ran up and gave...

Live in Georgia work in Texas moved back to Georgia and paid severance [ 0 Answers ]

I lived in Georgia and moved to work in Texas. Laid off and moved back to Georgia. I was paid severance while I lived in Georgia. Would I pay Georgia state taxes on it?

Lie and steal [ 3 Answers ]

My child has HDHD. He will turn 11 this month. He steal, and lie. Wrote on a public building walls, and lied about it.(camera showed him). Stole few things from 3 different friends.( I asked why, :he wanted it very much, after denying it for a while) now he is punished, can't go to friends. But...

Non-resident Georgia taxes, working within Georgia [ 3 Answers ]

I have been working in Georgia, for a Georgia based company, for the past 22 years while living in Florida. I have had Georgia tax taken out of my salary all this time. I have filed Georgia Income Tax and filled out the schedule for "Non-residents" every year. It indicates that I must pay the tax...

View more questions Search