Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2022, 05:50 AM
    Which is the bigger national security threat ?
    Clueless Joe said that Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter should be investigated for national security reasons that it was “worthy of being looked at”.

“I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation and/or technical relationships with other countries is worthy of being looked at,” “Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting that it’s worth being looked at.”

Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference | The White House
    So Musk should be investigated for his business relations with foreign nations according to Clueless ,but his own Biden crime family's business relations with foreign nations is laughed off saying that the “American public wants to move on” and “it’s almost comedy

Remarks by President Biden in Press Conference | The White House

Before Musk's purchased Twitter was a tool used to censor criticism of Clueless and censor information about the Biden Crime family .

KJP denied in October that there was a Musk investigation. Now I guess it is back on the table.

Q Thanks, Karine. On Elon Musk, I’m wondering if you’d be willing to clarify, please: Are you saying that no one in the government — you’re saying for a fact that no one in the government is considering any sort of national security review, including CFIUS, on any — on the Twitter purchase, on Starlink, or on any of his other ventures?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: I’m saying I don’t know of any such discussions.

Q Okay. Got you. So do you know, are — is anyone in the administration concerned about the Twitter purchase with some foreign investors, or Starlink, or his peace plan, or his tweets, or his, you know, somewhat Russia-friendly comments? Do you know if there are concerns about that?

MS. JEAN-PIERRE: So, on the first — on the first piece, we would just not — on the Twitter purchase, that’s something that we would not comment from here. We do not comment — comment on transactions. And so, we’ve been very clear on that. So, I’ll leave that there.

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre and COVID-19 Response Coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha | The White House

Besides a potential national security review ;the administration is releasing the regulatory dogs to sic Musk . The FTC says it is tracking the purchase with 'deep concern'.
    FTC tracking developments at Twitter after key exec departures (cnbc.com)

Interesting to note that Clueless Joe sees Musk and Twitter as a potential national security risk but not Chi Com controlled TikTok.

All the ways TikTok tracks you and how to stop it | WIRED UK

TikTok Parent ByteDance Planned To Use TikTok To Monitor The Physical Location Of Specific American Citizens (forbes.com)

DPC launches two inquiries into TikTok concerning compliance with GDPR requirements relating to the processing of childrens’ personal data and transfers of data to China | 14/09/2021 | Data Protection Commission

US TikTok User Data Has Been Repeatedly Accessed From China, Leaked Audio Shows (buzzfeednews.com)

Here is the difference
    TikTok is a threat to America
    Twitter under Musk is a threat to the Biden Crime family and the Dems .
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2022, 04:20 AM
    Appears that TikTok is in trouble in the US
    Recall that President Trump wanted to ban the Chicom social media giant in the waning days of his term because it was an obvious national security risk.

Now Dem Senator Mark Warner is giving Trump his due. He says Trump was right about TikTok

Democrat praises Trump for calling out TikTok as a national security risk (yahoo.com)

"If your country uses Huawei, if your kids are on TikTok … the ability for China to have undue influence is a much greater challenge and a much more immediate threat than any kind of actual, armed conflict."

Sen Marco Rubio has been warning the country for a few years about the threat . He is planning on introducing legislation to ban the app. It will have bipartisan support .

Opinion | Marco Rubio, Mike Gallagher: Ban TikTok in America - The Washington Post

Former FCC Chair Brendan Carr has called on Google and Apple to ban it from their app stores .

F.C.C. Commissioner Pushes Apple and Google to Remove TikTok - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Wondering how this will affect the Biden Crime Family's China relations ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2022, 06:13 AM
    So Musk should be investigated for his business relations with foreign nations according to Clueless ,but his own Biden crime family's business relations with foreign nations is laughed off saying that the “American public wants to move on” and “it’s almost comedy
    Apparently participating in corruption does not require much brain power.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2024, 06:10 PM
    I am shocked to report this . There has been a stunning reversal in Trump's position on the Chi-com controlled Tik-Tok . My position is clear . Short of a ban in the US because of the national security threat from Chinese data gathering of US Sheeple ;a minimum would be to mandate the part operating in the US should be sold to American interests independent of Chinese influence.( that excludes any organization the Biden crime family is involved in )

I thought that was Trump's position too.

However ;in a stunning reversal . It appears Trump has been bought.

By whom ?

1st some background . When Trump was President he wanted TikTok banned. He had an EO that the courts blocked
    The Trump administration has alleged that TikTok is a security threat because the Chinese government could spy on app users' personal data.
    Second judge blocks Trump's TikTok ban | CBC News

He was right.

Now a bill is being advanced in Congress.

TikTok: House panel unanimously approves bill that could ban app from US app stores | CNN Business

Bill that could ban TikTok in the U.S. gains momentum in Congress (nbcnews.com)

Clueless Joe said he will sign it .

Suddenly it is Trump who opposes the bill going through the Repub House.

He claims that a TikTok ban benefits Fakebook's Zuckerman .

Trump claims TikTok ban would only help "enemy" Facebook (axios.com)

Perhaps . But it is very suspicious that Trump recently met with Jeff Yass ;the billionaire who is heavily invested in Tik Tok . He is also pumping money into the GOP swamp organization 'The Club For Growth '. Yass is invested to the tune of $33 billion in TikTok's parent company Bytedance.
    Yass has funneled $130 million since 2020 into PACs like ' The Club for Growth'.He has been pressuring members of the House to withdraw the bill ;threatening to withdraw funding .

How effective has Hass' campaign been ? He got Rand Paul (who can't be bought ) to make a speech opposing a Tik Tok ban .

Rand Paul backed by GOP donor with $33B TikTok stake (nypost.com)

Trump who had been feuding with 'The Club for Growth ' is now making nice with them.

Trump says he and Club for Growth are ‘back in love’ - POLITICO-

Hey it makes sense politically . He's trying to win an election and the 170 million people who sign onto Tik Tok monthlty vote. There is a ban on it's use in the US government . That does not exclude Clueless from reaching out to it;s users .
    Biden campaign decision to join TikTok raises national security concerns | TikTok | The Guardian

Still we know for a fact that the Chinese use the platform to spy on us. What are the consequences when the 2 contenders for Chief Executive are more concerned with getting votes than the national security being compromised ?
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2024, 07:10 PM
    Makes me glad I don't use Tik Tok.
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2024, 01:12 PM
    It's bad . Not only has Trump completely reversed his stance on TikTok ; Kellyanne Conway ;who was his lead in trying to get TikTok banned is now working with the Club For Growth to oppose the TikTok legislation . This legislation made it to the floor after unanimous consent of the House Energy and Commerce Committee Senator Hawley is pushing the bill in the Senate and it appears to have huge bipartisan support

Trump is justifying his sudden opposition by saying forcing ByteDance to sell it's US interest in TikTok to a US company would benefit Meta(FakeBook ) and Zuckerberg.

For all it's faults Zuck's company is an American company not a front company for the Chinese Commies.
    Trump says 'America First ' . But his whole campaign is beginning to show it is more grievance campaign. National Security is a secondary concern.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2024, 05:19 AM
    Trump said today he still considers TikTok to be a national security risk. But he still doesn't want it banned because it would help Meta.

Then he added "There are a lot of people on TikTok that love it. There are a lot of young kids on TikTok who will go crazy without it."

Trump says TikTok ban would empower Meta, slams Facebook (cnbc.com)
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2024, 05:24 AM
    "There are a lot of young kids on TikTok who will go crazy without it."
    Yet another great reason to get rid of it.
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2024, 05:40 AM
    Don't cry for TikTok. The House overwhelmingly voted for a bill that could lead to a TikTok ban if the Chinese don't divest of their interest in the US site. The vote will be closer in the Senate .But I expect that it will pass ;and be signed by Clueless ,despite Trump's new found love for the site.

Social media is a moving target . Sites come and go ;rise and fall rapidly.....remember MySpace ? All the Google attempts that failed ? Even Fakebook is down to a loyal few.
    TikTok will be reconfigured to eliminate the Chicom spying ;or a new generation will concentrate to the next big social media platform.

India banned TikTok. India uses went to Instagram and YouTube.

In a free country ,when there is a demand for products or services ,someone will provide it . There is no need to give up our personal information to a nation with bad intent.
    What the U.S. can learn from India’s TikTok ban - Rest of World

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump the biggest threat to world security [ 116 Answers ]

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/trumps-sadistic-phone-calls-to-scott-morrison-world-leaders-revealed/news-story/a10bf56d7e2d03fcf5405775030eb3c1 It has been revealed that Donald Trump has been abusive to world leaders and that this threatens america's alliances. How is it that...

If my wife's vagina feels a lot bigger than usual, is she cheating? It's a lot bigger [ 12 Answers ]

My wife and I have been together for 2+ years. We have had a lot of sex and her vagina always feels pretty much the same in terms of size. Lately we have been kind of distant and have not had much sex at all. I have been suspicious of her cheating recently. We have spent a couple of days apart. She...

I am a British National and I married a Moroccan national 3 months ago, she is curren [ 0 Answers ]

I am a British National and I married a Moroccan national 3 months ago, she is currently residing with me in the UK and gained entry on a spouse visa, however I would like to divorce and require advice

What's more important, human rights or national security? [ 7 Answers ]

Take for instance MoveOn.org-inspired human rights position and one of the adherents to its philosophy, Jimmy Carter. Jimmy Carter abandoned our ally the Shah of Iran because he was insufficiently democratic, and the results: An even less democratic government that wants to destroy us. Apply...

"The Politics of National Security" [ 18 Answers ]

Lieberman Delivers Major Address on "The Politics of National Security" Is that the change Americans voted for in 2006? The left constantly reminds us that Americans are overwhelmingly against the Iraq war, are Americans for America's defeat? I think it was DK that asked earlier, when...

View more questions Search