Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2023, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    "The people of Pa. have no Senators currently working for them in DC ."

Stand by your man.
    "What happens when your husband or father — a senator, to boot — checks into the hospital, and media trucks circle your home?

Pack the kids up and head to Canada, Gisele Fetterman says.

Fetterman recently explained on Twitter she and her kids left Pennsylvania for a family trip to Niagara Falls to get away from the media coverage surrounding her husband’s recovery at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C."
    https://www.pennlive.com/news/2023/0...alization.html

It's what I would do. Plus, NF was one of my and my kids' favorite get-away places!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2023, 03:40 PM
    Fetterman recently explained on Twitter she and her kids left Pennsylvania for a family trip to Niagara Falls to get away from the media coverage surrounding her husband’s recovery at Walter Reed Medical Center in Washington, D.C."
    "Hey kids. Your dad is suffering from clinical depression and has to be hospitalized. Let's head off to a vacation at NF! The media sure won't find us there."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2023, 03:49 PM
    what coverage ?

I will admit the Canadian side of the falls is a much better place to visit . The NY side is a sleezy tourist trap. Me ;if my spouse were in the hospital for extended stay ;I would be by her side . But Gisele needs the down time before her pending appointment to replace him .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2023, 03:50 PM
    "Hey kids. Your dad is suffering from clinical depression and has to be hospitalized. Let's head off to a vacation!"
    Have you ever dealt with a family member with clinical depression? I have. AND had young kids? Gisele's and John's kids are 12, 10, and 7. I'm betting they (and their mom) are upset and depressed. What do you expect the kids to do while dad is hospitalized, is then in a healthcare rehab, while under treatment?
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2023, 04:00 PM
    What do you expect the kids to do while dad is hospitalized, is then in a healthcare rehab, while under treatment?
    unless they are demonstrating depression as you suggest then they should be in school mid-February
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2023, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    unless they are demonstrating depression as you suggest then they should be in school mid-February
    Is school being held remotely, at home?

And Gisele will stay at NF until John comes home? Or how long will they actually be at NF?

P.S. I just checked. E-Learning (remote learning) still seems to be what is happening for Braddock students.
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2023, 05:06 PM
    Have you ever dealt with a family member with clinical depression? I have. AND had young kids? Gisele's and John's kids are 12, 10, and 7. I'm betting they (and their mom) are upset and depressed. What do you expect the kids to do while dad is hospitalized, is then in a healthcare rehab, while under treatment?
    I expect the mom/wife to help her husband, mother the kids who will be in school (probably private), and hire some help if need be to keep things together, but don't run off and leave the hubster by himself in his moment of great need.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2023, 05:53 PM
    bottom line this is the same BS line she pulled during the campaign. 'leave us alone and give us our privacy .'

That ship sailed when he ran and won the election .They were no longer private people . He is the elected Senator of the entire state . If privacy was a priority she should've not encouraged him to run for the office.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2023, 06:15 PM
    I expect the mom/wife to help her husband, mother the kids who will be in school (probably private), and hire some help if need be to keep things together, but don't run off and leave the hubster by himself in his moment of great need.
    You musta not read this part:

Fetterman recently explained on Twitter she and her kids left Pennsylvania for a family trip to Niagara Falls to get away from the media coverage....

During this part of his hospitalization and therapy, he very likely won't be able to have visitors. AND school in that area is still remote.

And you know from your map-reading class that their home isn't very far from NF. (Psst, about 240 miles) I'm sure Gisele is keeping in touch with her husband's medical professionals and will return home in a timely manner.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 27, 2023, 07:07 PM
    Today is Gisele Fetterman's 41st birthday! (same day as my dad's)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GISELE!
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2023, 09:51 PM
    "Hey kids! We're heading out to NF in the middle of the school year, but don't worry. I'll check on ole what's his name from time to time.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2023, 05:07 AM
    With Fetterman out for weeks ;and Dianne Feinstein now hospitalized with shingles ;the Dems no longer have a voting majority in the Senate .

Dianne Feinstein hospitalized for shingles | CNN Politics

The Dems have called on Kam the Sham to be the tie breaker over judicial confirmations .She broke a tie for Jennifer Sung’s nomination to the 9th Circus ; Araceli Martinez-Olguin’s nomination to the Northern District of California; and Margaret Guzman’s nomination to the District of Massachusetts ..

She is approaching a record . She has tied John Adams with 29 tie breaking votes and the John C. Calhoun’s 31st is coming fast .. The people of PA must be thrilled to know that their de-facto Senator is Kam the Sham.
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2023, 12:53 PM
    Fetterman returned to the Senate dressed ready for a pick up basketball game .

Fetterman returns to Senate after hospitalization for clinical depression (msnbc.com)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2023, 02:13 PM
    And Mitch?
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2023, 02:25 PM
    Take your pick.

Name:  fetter.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  21.3 KB Name:  mccon.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  26.1 KB

It just boggles the mind.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2023, 02:47 PM
    Mitch, mouth hanging open, drool quickly wiped off his chin, vapid look on his face. Nursing home escapee? Yep, boggles the mind.
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2023, 03:14 PM
    His mouth is open because he is speaking. You might have noted the mic. There was no drool. Your prejudice is, indeed, mind-boggling.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2023, 03:59 PM
    His mouth is open because he is speaking. You might have noted the mic. There was no drool. Your prejudice is, indeed, mind-boggling.
    Watch him when he isn't speaking. Plus, he's recovering from a head injury. That affects one's brain. Hmm, I wonder how it has affected Mitch's brain. And just because a mike is in front of a person's mouth doesn't mean that person is speaking.

My prejudice is less mind-boggling than yours is.
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2023, 04:50 PM
    Yeah. People use mics to NOT speak on all the time.

Oh brother.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 17, 2023, 05:11 PM
    Yeah. People use mics to NOT speak on all the time.

Oh brother.
    Ooooooh, brother!!!! One does not speak constantly. One takes a breath. One stops to think about the next thing to say. With his head injury possibly complicating his speaking ability, the pauses can be lengthy. I plan to watch him and see if he struggles for words, pauses often to take a breath.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Young couple escapes from nazis, [ 0 Answers ]

Movie in which a young couple finally confesses and achieves escape from the nazis? The couple were in charge of a big house.

What's the movie where kid escapes besieged town on hot air balloon? [ 0 Answers ]

I would die if I actually found out what this was. Of what I remember, the animated movie's animation quality was pretty good, so it was most likely a feature film OR TV special. Possible a short TV series but I have no idea! Anyways, what I remember: A kid (who I think is from a different time...

Man escapes from cannibals in africa [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for a movie where a man escapes from cannibals in africa - movie was made in the 60s timeframe - good movie - just forgot the title

90s american TV show - name escapes me! [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the title of a TV show in the 90s that was about a boy who lived in a small town in america and used to have weird adventures. One episode involved a mum in his neighbourhood who used to put her children to bed in giant tupperware boxes to keep them young! At the end of each...

View more questions Search