Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2022, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I do know that just saying we should believe you because, "It's out there, very visible" is a game for children.
    Open your eyes, sweet child!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Notice no one refuted the insider trader claim I made . Oh that's right .It is not a crime because Madam Mimi prevented it from being a crime .
    I answered every claim you made in the post. There was no insider trade mentioned.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2022, 04:53 PM
    Another perfect example. You’re a flowing spring!! “Just take my word for it even though I’ve been caught speaking falsehoods before!”
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 05:03 PM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    Notice no one refuted the insider trader claim I made . Oh that's right .It is not a crime because Madam Mimi prevented it from being a crime .

I answered every claim you made in the post. There was no insider trade mention
    see#22
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 05:13 PM
    see#22
    Saw it. My apologies. I was referencing a different post of yours. If what you say is true in that post, I will say so.

Meanwhile, what about some corroboration for your indictment charge and witness shenanigans against Pelosi's brother?
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 06:09 PM
    Trading stocks on information not publically known is insider trading and it is a crime.
    See Tomder's post #22 for more details.

Nancy Pelosi DID use non-public information to trade in stock. However, it was not illegal when she did it. Both sides did it. President Obama signed The Stock Act making insider trading by members of Congress illegal just like any citizen. Paul Pelosi is an investment trader and his trades are legal. Nancy Pelosi's net worth of $50-100 million is from her husband's trading, not hers.

The appearance of impropriety with a Congress member's spouse trading is obvious.

Elizabeth Warren and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez fully support disallowing spouses to trade. As the former put it in May: “Every senator, member of Congress, president, Cabinet secretary, federal judge, and other senior officials in charge of writing the rules for our financial system should not be able to own or trade individual stocks.” “We are here to serve the public, not to profiteer,” argued AOC adding, “It’s shocking that it’s even been allowed up to this point.”

I am in full agreement with AOC on this matter. In any case, to the present discussion, nothing criminal has been alleged against Nancy Pelosi. Her argument that any member of Congress should be treated just like any American in a free market is a load of BS. She should find a copy of Frank Capra's MR. SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON with Jimmy Stewart and study the lesson in that movie.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 06:24 PM
    Got the brother wrong . It was her brother Franklin Delano Roosevelt D'Alesandro who with 13 other defendants was charged with participating in gang statutory rapes of 2 girls age 11 and 13 Every other participant in the gang rape was convicted except Franklin. He was also charged and acquitted of perjury. Asst. State's Atty. J Harold Grady said. of the case ;"In order to acquit this defendant You must be convinced these eight witness who appeared before you entered into a conspiracy and made up their story out of whole cloth."

Grand jury investigation into 1953 Baltimore rape acquittal of Franklin D. Roosevelt D'Allesandro - Newspapers.com
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2022, 06:51 PM
    This reply ought to be interesting.
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2022, 09:28 PM
    Got the brother wrong . It was her brother Franklin Delano Roosevelt D'Alesandro who with 13 other defendants was charged with participating in gang statutory rapes of 2 girls age 11 and 13...... Asst. State's Atty. J Harold Grady said. of the case ;"In order to acquit this defendant You must be convinced these eight witness who appeared before you entered into a conspiracy and made up their story out of whole cloth."
    This is over 70 years ago! Is there a statute of limitations on how far back you can go to try to prove your point?

You've already given the answer. It's right there in your post. The brother was ACQUITTED of all statutory rape and perjury charges. Your quote from the attorney - presumably the loser - omits an important point. Namely, that a witness testified for the brother saying he could not have been there.

If you have evidence of wrong doing in the trial, you should bring it to the attention of the authorities. Otherwise, be careful of defaming another's character. It might happen to you.

However, this was your original post concerning the brother before you changed brothers.

Her brother Tommy followed in the old man's footsteps . But he got caught and was indicted for corruption while Mayor of Baltimore . Charges were dropped when witnesses disappeared .
    You changed Tommy to Franklin saying you got the brother wrong. You seem to be confused about the whole business, including the brothers and who was charged with what.
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2022, 09:46 PM
    In this post, one person has provided support while the other has not. Nuff said.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 04:53 AM
    Why is every compliant press report of this incident loaded with the tales of 'unnamed sources ' ? Why hasn't the police bodycam footage of the incident been released ? Why did a crazed assaulter allow Paulie to take a bathroom break so he could call 9-1-1 ?
    DePape is the custody of the San Francisco Police Department with no bail, inmate records show. He is being treated for injuries at a hospital, the SFPD said, and he will eventually be booked into jail. Police Chief Scott said he will not confirm nor deny if DePape was placed under a “5150,” meaning, a psychiatric hold.
    “The suspect is still in the hospital. It’s not appropriate for me to release any of the suspect’s medical information,” Scott said Friday evening. “We intend to book the suspect. He will be booked for felony charges.”

David Depape: Who is the suspect who attacked Paul Pelosi? (kron4.com)

What are his injuries :?
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2022, 05:08 AM
    Yeah. It certainly gives the appearance of something fishy going on.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 07:22 AM
    Why is every compliant press report of this incident loaded with the tales of 'unnamed sources ' ? Why hasn't the police bodycam footage of the incident been released ? Why did a crazed assaulter allow Paulie to take a bathroom break so he could call 9-1-1 ?
    DePape is the custody of the San Francisco Police Department with no bail, inmate records show. He is being treated for injuries at a hospital, the SFPD said, and he will eventually be booked into jail. Police Chief Scott said he will not confirm nor deny if DePape was placed under a “5150,” meaning, a psychiatric hold.
    “The suspect is still in the hospital. It’s not appropriate for me to release any of the suspect’s medical information,” Scott said Friday evening. “We intend to book the suspect. He will be booked for felony charges.”

David Depape: Who is the suspect who attacked Paul Pelosi? (kron4.com)

What are his injuries :?
    I absolutely agree that the press reports (press, not compliant press) are confusing. Some of the reasons you mentioned. However, implying conspiracy based on compliance is ridiculous. More likely, you're suffering from paranoia.

Initial reports about an event are often muddled, but they eventually iron out. Are you aware that the far right is calling this a "false flag" - that Nancy Pelosi engineered the attack herself, putting her husband in the hospital with brain damage?

Millions believe that. I hope you're not one of them.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 07:51 AM
    no I'm more into the late night, oiled up ,Greko-Roman wresting match getting out of control theory .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 08:00 AM
    no I'm more into the late night, oiled up ,Greko-Roman wresting match getting out of control theory .
    Good for you.....
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 08:03 AM
    It would not be the 1st time he rear ended someone .
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 08:20 AM
    It would not be the 1st time he rear ended someone .
    I'm not even going to ask what this means!
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 08:31 AM
    Nancy Pelosi's husband sentenced for drink-driving crash - BBC News
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2022, 08:37 AM
    I'm aware of that, but I still don't get the connection to the assault.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 31, 2022, 08:44 AM
    Wikipedia: In 1957, when Pelosi was still a minor, a car that he was driving was involved in an accident. His older brother David, who was a passenger in the car, died in the crash; Pelosi was subsequently acquitted of misdemeanor manslaughter.[14]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brutally honest boyfriend [ 90 Answers ]

I have been with my current boyfriend 1 and a half years and we just moved in together. He has a lot of obsessive compulsive tendencies with keeping the house tidy and he has never lived with a girl before so he is set in his ways so if I do not do something his way it is the wrong way or stupid....

My boyfriend is brutally honest and it hurts. [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 4 years now. When we met I was 10 pounds lighter. I'm 5'5 and weigh 120 I used to weigh 110. No matter how much I diet it just won't come off. I work at a children's gym and am constantly burning calories. My boyfriend has issues with affection. He...

Girlfriend taking a break - she's brutally honest about everything [ 21 Answers ]

I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years now and she now decides that she doesn't know if she's ready for a relationship. So she wants time. I'm not okay with breaks but I gave it a try. I decide its best not to talk to her because this is the best chance of us working it out. Her ex boyfriend...

Which path do I follow? I need brutally honest advise. [ 8 Answers ]

Two summers ago, I had met one of my best guy friends Jack. We have had tremendous chemistry since day one. We’ve always been able to talk and laugh about anything regardless of how simple or how complex. The first night we met, we were already talking about God, life, friends and things like that....

View more questions Search