Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2022, 04:18 AM
    World Series
    The series is set . It will be the Philadelphia Phillies vs the Houston Astros .

I don't have a horse in this race BUT I despise the Astros since they own the Yanks and cheated their way to a World Series win against the Yanks .

That is neither here nor there .

What is notable is that Major League Baseball pretends to be this woke institution. They removed the All Star Game from diverse Atlanta in protest of voting law reforms that increased voter turn out .

This year is the 1st time since 1950 there will be NO American born Blacks on either team's rosters . That's 2 25 man teams with no American Blacks .

Big league rosters are in a way diverse . There are scored of Latino players populating rosters . But in a league that routinely touts the heroic integration of the league starting with Jackie Robinson ;the numbers of American born Blacks continue to reduce .

In the years after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier the number of American Black players increased to 20 % of the league in the 1970s . Today it is in the single digits ;around 8 % .

Fewer Blacks on rosters filters up to fewer Blacks in management and executive positions in the league.

Check out some similar questions!

World series [ 2 Answers ]

Who is the founder of the world series?

08 World Series [ 1 Answers ]

With approx. 25 games left in the regualar series, who are you picking to win the World Series? Why?

Will Cubs Win the World Series? [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think that the Chicago Cubs will win the WorldSeries 2008? Why or why not? :)

1969 World Series [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a baseball signed by the NYMets in the 1969 World Series worth? Some names included are Gil Hodges, Tom Seaver, Joe Fox, Wayne Garrett, 25 total?

World Series... Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why this competition between US teams is called "World" Series, when it is only one country involved?. Shouldn't it be called just "National Series".

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.