Oct 20, 2022, 01:49 PM
    Blink and you've missed it
    Who is Liz Truss? Political journey of UK's shortest-serving prime minister

Quick overview vid:
    Liz Truss's short and bumpy ride in 85 seconds
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 03:39 AM
    Now that the Tories have ousted their mistake ;will Boris Johnson return like Cincinnatus to save the party and the nation from itself ?

I had previously posted about Truss here

Liz Truss is no conservative (askmehelpdesk.com)

Politicians who pretend to be what they are not do not serve the public
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 03:58 AM
    In this aspect I admire the ability of the Brit system to oust the incompetent ones. However the Brits have had 6 PMs in 15 years and the Aussies 10 . A little too unstable for my taste .
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 01:58 PM
    Ben what is you assessment of Penny Mordaunt ? Would she make a good PM ? I can't figure out Brit conservatives .
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 21, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Ben what is you assessment of Penny Mordaunt ? Would she make a good PM ? I can't figure out Brit conservatives .
    Currently President of the Privy Council, Sovereign advisers.
    A political unknown.
    Best options really are Boris' return or Ex-chancellor Sunak.
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2022, 12:42 AM
    Boris would be good . In my opinion he is the best PM you have had since Thatcher .
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2022, 04:47 AM
    Sunak is in .He is meeting with Gnarly Charlie as I type this ,

I guess it is good that Boris faced consequences for violating covid protocols .
    I bet he wishes he was an American pol
    Our fearless leaders who violated their own mandates faced no consequences .

Madam Mimi Pelosi went for an expensive indoor coiffure against her state's rules . So did Mayor Beetlejuice in Chi-town
    Sandinista Bill went to his gym to workout while il duce Cuomo's mandates to avoid gyms was in place. Il duce himself flew to Georgia for a junket while telling New Yorkers to avoid non-essential travel

Various big wig pols were shown not wearing masks in crowded rooms (they thought the cameras were off or they just did not care )

Boris deserved better . I am not familiar with Sunak . I assume the policies will remain close to the same .

The ones closest to Boris' situation was Guv Gavin Newsone in California . He dined at a fancy restaurant maskless violating his own covid rules.....and Guv Whitmer in Michigan partied hardy at a bar with friends .

For Boris it was a scandal called 'Partygate . For American pols ...... no consequences . Newsome faced a recall that he won .He is cruising to reelection . Madam Mimi is stronger than ever even as her party faces a massive mid-term defeat . (she won' t get blamed )
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2022, 05:39 AM
    btw The Brits are calling Liz Truss incompetent . I would take her in a nanosecond over Clueless Joe and Kam the Sham .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2022, 08:07 AM
    I would take her in a nanosecond over Clueless Joe and Kam the Sham .
    I would as well, but that is no great compliment to Truss. There are many people who would be preferable to Mr. Biden.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2022, 03:57 AM
    Sunak knows the challenges the nation has over energy . So one of his first acts as PM was to reinstitute a fracking ban .

These people are hopeless .

‘He’s a believer’: will Sunak rebuild green agenda torn up by Truss? | Green politics | The Guardian
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2022, 03:56 AM
    comment removed
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2022, 07:42 AM
    Liz Truss at least made some solid supply side tax ideas . Sunak and Jeremy Hunt think that tax and spend will fix the Brit economy . Why even bother claiming they are conservative 'Tories ' ? When they rightly get defeated in the next election ,the Brits won't get a moderate Labour PM like Blair . Kier Stomer is as radical as Harold Wilson was .His ideas fall in line with the Fabians .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One blink on LED light [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, After my heat cycles, I get a one blink on the LED light. I've changed out the T.stat and still get the same one blink. What should I look for next? Thank You For Your Time

Missed pill, missed period week later missed pills again, got my period? [ 3 Answers ]

About last week I missed 4 pills and I didn't get my period for missing the pill and just this week I missed 3 pills and got my period and at first coming out red and now it is coming out brown? But about a week and a half ago I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and thought the reason for not...

My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pau [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace keeps shutting off. The red light will blink once, pause blink again, pause and so on. The only way to get it to go back on is if I go to the thermostat and slide the notch until I hear a click and turn it back up. I than go back to furnace unplug wire, plug it back in and it kicks...

Missed period becaz I missed depo-provera shot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm Nicole I had a child in September and didn't get depo-provera until October. I was due for the next shot in January but I missed d shot, but I saw my period in January and February and now I've missed my period in march. I'm worried if I might be pregnant again.

View more questions Search