Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 12:23 PM
    Bailey has a few bucks hidden away in his jeans pocket, is worth at least $5 million. Now, if Bailey would present workable ideas for improving Chicago and making it safer instead of just calling it a "hellhole" or, more recently, an "unruly child", he would gain support even within Dem circles.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 12:28 PM
    it clearly is a hell hole and he has identifed some of the reasons that is so. Crime ;defund the police ,no cash bail are clearly contributing to the quality of life becoming hellish there . It is not even safe for the gated community elite Dems to shop in the Magnificent Mile without being assaulted ,
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 12:38 PM
    But he offers no solutions and has lived his entire life among hayseeds, has no idea of what he speaks. There's a lot of good in Chicago too that he could tap into in order to reduce the depth of the hellhole.
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 12:39 PM
    Net worth of a farmer is distorted because much of that net worth is tied up in the land......not in his jeans pockets . Pritzker by contrast has a net worth of $3.6 billion ;the 761st richest man on the planet and easily the richest politician in the country . His wealth comes from family wealth . It is policies like Pritzker's that keep Chi town a hell hole and yes I have no doubt that Pritzker wears the best suits money can buy.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 12:52 PM
    Thus, Pritzker gave Bailey an honest compliment, and Bailey insulted Pritzker.
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 12:58 PM
    as insulting as calling Bailey a hayseed like you did ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 01:27 PM
    Or Chicago a hellhole like he did? (I grew up with hayseeds in western New York farm countryside. I knows 'em when I sees 'em.)
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 06:00 PM
    It is the Dem elites that have created the Chi town hell hole. I imagine Pritzker had a hard time defending that dismal record during their debates .

He is living off the success of his father and is in reality just another career pol living on the tax money of others . As an example ;he received a $331 thousand tax break for removing toilets from his Gold Coast mansion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 06:08 PM
    If you were governor or even just mayor, what would be your first three moves to turn Chicago into a heavenly (non-hellhole) place?
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2022, 04:06 AM
    It is much more complex than giving 3 moves as it involved a whole clean up of the political system that the Democrat machine has created since before the days of Daley.

Crime has to be cleaned up. Deregulation has to happen to attract business and to create the affordable housing needed for the workers of the city . Taxes must be reduced . All that has to happen just to stop business and young workers from fleeing to more friendly environs .

Police must be supported .Not only does major crime like murder ;gang violence need to be addressed ;but also violations of quality of life cannot be tolerated .

The city needs a mayor who cares less about karaoke and more about effectively running the city . Mayor Beetlejuice is a disaster .She is completely incompetent and apparently eager to prove it.

But she is just a cog in the machine . As long as the Dem plantation runs the city ,I see no hope for change .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 04:49 AM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    glad I finally peeled the onion and saw that your concerns about his mental fitness was smoke screen

Not remotely a smoke screen - no idea why you would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    in reality your only objection to his candidacy is your own TDS issues .
    Wrong. My objection to Hershel Walker is that he seems to be mentally damaged based on answers he's provided, and possibly due to his years playing football in the NFL and other maladies he's suffered over his lifetime. Trump has nothing to do with it. I would object to Walker with or without Trump.

My objection to Trump, as I've stated here many times, is that he is a malignant narcissistic sociopath.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 05:05 AM
    He makes no secret that he has struggled most of his life with mental health. When he wrote his book on the issue he was universally praised for his transparency .He is still a leading advocated for mental health awareness.

Arizona Rep Ruben Gallego suffers from PTSD due to his time in Iraq. Should he be disqualified ?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He makes no secret that he has struggled most of his life with mental health. When he wrote his book on the issue he was universally praised for his transparency .He is still a leading advocated for mental health awareness.
    Admirable.

Arizona Rep Ruben Gallego suffers from PTSD due to his time in Iraq. Should he be disqualified ?
    I haven't heard Gallego answering questions. PTSD does not seem to be a disqualifier for office.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 05:10 AM
    Guv Pritzker's legacy

Illinois saw nation’s worst population loss during the decade (illinoispolicy.org)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2022, 09:02 AM
    he seems to be mentally damaged based on answers he's provided
    Did Athos just shift the topic from Walker to Biden?
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2022, 03:18 AM
    Shame on Fetterman enablers ! He is in no way physically or mentally capable of serving as a US Senator. Last night's debate proved it beyond a doubt.
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2022, 05:27 AM
    It was all rather sadly predictable. His physical appearance doesn't help him either.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2022, 05:31 AM
    I'll give NY Guv Kathy Hochul credit for at least showing up . Her debate with Lee Zeldin was Tuesday night also . She did alright with the lame hand her party has dealt her.

I found this amusing . One of the Dems talking points when they get past their main debate point that Republicans don't want to kill babies like they do ,is that their opponent is what Clueless Joe calls 'Maga Republicans ' .

So she accused Zeldin of being one. She demanded to know if he thought Trump was a great President . I guess she assumed that was a trap question.

He responded that he worked closely with Trump in the fight against the terrorist gang MS13's infiltration on Long Island . He said supported Trump's initiatives to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, push the Abraham Accords, thwart the Iran nuclear deal and fight the Covid pandemic.

humminahumminahummina

Hochel replied “I take that as a resounding yes. She did not say if she disagreed with any of those polices . That would be bad politics given how critical the NYC vote is for her .

If Trump has contributed nothing else this campaign. He has succeeded in keeping the Dems hair on fire . They are obsessed. While the Dems pound Trump this and MAGA that ,Repubs are out there making their case on merit and policy issues

Energy was a big with for Zeldin too . He pointed out the folly of the il Duce Cuomo's appeasement to the enviro wacko extremists ban of fracking in NY State and the banning of pipelines to bring natural gas to the people of the state.

On that point both Fetterman and Hochel took a spanking . Fetterman of course for his desperate flip flop on his opposition.

Hochel's biggest misstep was on crime . Her record is dismal . When pressed about locking up criminals her exasperated reply was I don’t know why that is so important to you.”

This was also a theme in another big debate in Michigan between Rep challenger Tudor Dixon and Dem Guv Gretchen Witless Whitmer . What should be a run away win for Witless is a dead heat .
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2022, 05:41 AM
    Hochel replied “I take that as a resounding yes
    Typical non-thinking answer. Rather than address the content, she just went for an applause line.
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2022, 03:51 PM
    your new Senator from PA Uncle Fetterman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Democrat fantasies [ 1 Answers ]

ok let's review .... the Dems and the compliant press have spun the narrative that 1/6 was a pre-planned insurrection by a group of Trump led traitors who planned to attack the Capitol and kidnap and murder elected officials in a coup attempt . They must be shocked shocked that so far Garland...

How much is a babe ruth scorecard worth when he was with brooklyn dodgers [ 0 Answers ]

I have a scorecard that has a picture of babe ruth when he was with the brooklyn dodgers playing against the syracuse chiefs in 1938. Was wondering how much it would be?

Blue Dog Democrat [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Blue Dog Democrat? Where did these originate?

Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT [ 21 Answers ]

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America. I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat. I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America. ...

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search