Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 05:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You would have to ask him. I think the millions of people who had good jobs due to record low unemployment rates were grateful. It's only the well-off people like you that scoff at such things.
    I wasn't "well off" most of my life (as a grocer store clerk, typist for an insurance company, PT aide, Lutheran teacher, library worker, psychotherapist on a sliding scale) -- only because my younger son willed me his house when he died four years ago.
    Good for you!! I suspect you have also counseled pregnant women to have abortions, but at least you have done the right thing on some occasions, and for that I commend you.
    I've NEVER suggested someone get an abortion.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2022, 06:14 PM
    I wasn't "well off" most of my life (as a grocer store clerk, typist for an insurance company, PT aide, Lutheran teacher, library worker, psychotherapist on a sliding scale) -- only because my younger son willed me his house when he died four years ago.
    Then I would think you would appreciate the value of a sound economy rather than being so dismissive of it. Besides, I suspect you were far more well off than you imagine.

I've NEVER suggested someone get an abortion.
    Why not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 06:58 PM
    Then I would think you would appreciate the value of a sound economy rather than being so dismissive of it. Besides, I suspect you were far more well off than you imagine.
    Nope. Our very small starter home is now our retirement home. No frills, no flashy cars, no fancy clothes. Boring, very boring.
    Why not?
    I believe in alternatives and have always helped women find them.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2022, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    glad I finally peeled the onion and saw that your concerns about his mental fitness was smoke screen
    Not remotely a smoke screen - no idea why you would say that.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2022, 07:18 PM
    Nope. Our very small starter home is now our retirement home. No frills, no flashy cars, no fancy clothes. Boring, very boring.
    Even if all of that is true, you are still very well off.

I believe in alternatives and have always helped women find them.
    But that's what I'm asking you. Why are your "alternatives" somehow superior to having an abortion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 07:25 PM
    Even if all of that is true, you are still very well off.
    We are very much loved. That's our blessing.
    But that's what I'm asking you. Why are your "alternatives" somehow superior to having an abortion?
    Helping a scared or sorrowing fellow female find a path to travel on and thus find healing.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2022, 07:29 PM
    Helping a scared or sorrowing fellow female find a path to travel on and thus find healing.
    Why is it that an abortion was never the best choice to accomplish that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 07:31 PM
    Why is it that an abortion was never the best choice to accomplish that?
    Maybe it was for some.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2022, 07:35 PM
    Maybe it was for some.
    Then why didn't you recommend it?

Was it ever the best choice for the unborn child?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 07:57 PM
    Then why didn't you recommend it?
    We talked about the situation, why and how she became pregnant, the future, and her options.
    Was it ever the best choice for the unborn child?
    Yes. It was her decision, not mine.
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2022, 08:12 PM
    We talked about the situation, why and how she became pregnant, the future, and her options.
    But you said earlier that as far as the choice of abortion being the best choice was concerned, "Maybe it was for some." If that's the case, then why didn't you recommend it?

Yes. It was her decision, not mine.
    How does that make killing the unborn child the best option for the child? If someone kills a friend of yours, can they defend that action by saying, "It was my decision, so it's OK?" That's pretty bizarre reasoning. The mom deciding to kill her unborn baby...benefits her unborn baby??? Whaaaatt?

So you did have some of these ladies you consulted with choose abortion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 18, 2022, 08:23 PM
    So you did have some of these ladies you consulted with choose abortion?
    I was not privy to their decision.
    If that's the case, then why didn't you recommend it?
    I did not recommend. The decision was hers.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2022, 05:33 AM
    It always comes down to a question that remains unanswered since it is deemed too dangerous to deal with.
    But you said earlier that as far as the choice of abortion being the best choice was concerned, "Maybe it was for some." If that's the case, then why didn't you recommend it?
    I did not recommend.
    That's not what you said earlier. "And I have counseled pregnant women and helped them figure out ways to keep their babies despite personal and marital problems."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 09:01 AM
    It always comes down to a question that remains unanswered since it is deemed too dangerous to deal with.
    We discussed pros and cons. She made the choice. I was not involved in and privy to that information.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2022, 09:38 AM
    So they decided to have an abortion and you did not attempt to persuade them otherwise.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 11:16 AM
    So they decided to have an abortion and you did not attempt to persuade them otherwise.
    "Persuading them" to take a certain action was not part of the counseling process.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 11:24 AM
    Originally Posted by tomder55
    glad I finally peeled the onion and saw that your concerns about his mental fitness was smoke screen

Not remotely a smoke screen - no idea why you would say that.
    Because your initial objection to him was what you believe was mental deficiencies caused by PTSD I guess related to his years playing football. But in reality your only objection to his candidacy is your own TDS issues .
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2022, 11:28 AM
    "Persuading them" to take a certain action was not part of the counseling process.
    So then not only did you never recommend an abortion, it would certainly seem that you never recommended anything. How convenient.

But in reality your only objection to his candidacy is your own TDS issues .
    Exactly correct. It's what's at the core of many decisions by liberal democrats.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2022, 11:31 AM
    Back to the main topic of the thread....

The rivals for Illinois governor (incumbent Pritzker and farmboy Bailey) had two debates. The second one ended with an exchange of compliments. Pritzker complimented Bailey on his long, 36-year marriage, and Bailey complimented Pritzker on his suit: "Governor, I'm going to be honest with you. You look awesome. I like your suit. You look good in it, and I think that's awesome. I hope that after the election we could come to terms, and maybe you could take me suit shopping."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2022, 11:59 AM
    do you really thing Bailey has a shot in the land of the Daley machine ?

I strongly agree with one of his positions . As a member of the Illinois House of Reps he sponsored a resolution to have Chi-town and it's burbs become their own state. That would free the land of the Illinois "farm boys " you so despise living in Wabash Valley to live in a state that serves their interests too .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Democrat fantasies [ 1 Answers ]

ok let's review .... the Dems and the compliant press have spun the narrative that 1/6 was a pre-planned insurrection by a group of Trump led traitors who planned to attack the Capitol and kidnap and murder elected officials in a coup attempt . They must be shocked shocked that so far Garland...

How much is a babe ruth scorecard worth when he was with brooklyn dodgers [ 0 Answers ]

I have a scorecard that has a picture of babe ruth when he was with the brooklyn dodgers playing against the syracuse chiefs in 1938. Was wondering how much it would be?

Blue Dog Democrat [ 1 Answers ]

What is a Blue Dog Democrat? Where did these originate?

Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT [ 21 Answers ]

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America. I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat. I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America. ...

Democrat/republican who? [ 5 Answers ]

Are you going to vote democrat or republican and then who are you going to vote for? If you vote.

View more questions Search