Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dingbat Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 09:45 PM
    How fast do people fall in love?
    Sometimes everything falls into place and love happens so fast, and sometimes it builds over time. How quickly have you fallen in love?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Love takes at least 20 years, lust and friendship starts it, It will start growing from the early stages, but deep true love is not something you fall into, it is something that takes a lot of hard work
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2007, 10:39 PM
    I respect fr's opinions, but I really, really disagree that love takes 20 years... though ask me again in another 13 yrs after I've hit my 20th anniv... maybe ill change my mind. ;)

The problem is the definition of love. I loved a girl when I was 17. I loved another when I was 24. As you grow older, you understand the difference between infatuation and love. But that doesn't mean you didn't love at 17. You loved to the capacity you had.

Not that infatuation or "puppy love" is bad or wrong. As a child you are (hopefully) told about being loved... caring. And that idea grows and changes over time. So can a 17 year old love? Sure. But usually in a "limited way"...

More experience and understanding can help you temper the hormones and begin to see when there is something that is different.

So... the problem with your question is that love takes many forms. I think when you are younger you are more prone to falling in love faster because you haven't experienced anything like it before. When you are older you might understand the difference between "deep like" (or lust) and love. I sincerely love my wife (10 year relationship, 7+ year marriage... I guess I'm ahead of the curve) but I didn't love her in the first year of dating. I liked her a lot, but I was old enough and experienced enough to know love was still to come.

So sorry. I can't tell how long it "should" take. There just isn't a script.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 21, 2007, 10:58 PM
    If I could 'rate your answer' again kp I would! Well said!
    Rina _4 Posts: 182, Reputation: 19

Apr 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Love takes at least 20 years, lust and friendship starts it, It will start growing from the early stages, but deep true love is not something you fall into, it is something that takes alot of hard work
    I agree with Chuck. You can only fall in love when you are getting to KNOW the person.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Love takes at least 20 years, lust and friendship starts it, It will start growing from the early stages, but deep true love is not something you fall into, it is something that takes alot of hard work
    Father Chuck,

You said it the best. I agree with you and feel the same way.

Joe
    amylove Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Takes hard work and is an emotional rollacoster at least 4-5 years at least
    Moomin Posts: 167, Reputation: 19

Jul 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
    How long is a piece of string?

Though don't forget some people believe in love at first sight!
    My opinion is that you both need to be feeling the same, love (obviously) does not work if it is one sided!
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Jul 16, 2007, 08:24 AM
    I think it depends on the persons involved. I have fallen into 'love' very quickly, but really it was just lust. Sometimes not even that! I was with my current partner for a year before I realised I actually loved him, and I think you know from the feelings you have. I also don't agree that love takes hard work, maintaining a loving relationship can take a lot of work and dedication, especially when things get tough, but true love shouldn't need to be worked at, it's a feeling not an action.
    Hinata1354 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Um I fell in love sense I was 5 or 4 when I turned 10 I felt even more in love with a guy but he didn't notice.god why do people fall in love so quickly.I keep thinking inappropriate things (perverted)ugh OK here what I think when someone falls in love quickly:if a person falls in love at a young age they might think (the person cute,amazing,sweet,or because of their charms)some people want to know what a kiss feels like (I have know idea yet) but if you get closer to the person you might get one.(im not good with this sort of thing)too tell you the truth I'm totally shy that is really tough (part if shy)ok if you got this. Then (good luck)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why do fools fall in love 90s remake [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew who remade the above song in the 90s?

How do I fall in love again? [ 8 Answers ]

I was with a guy for almost two years and we were in love within two months. To me our relationship was great but he had a bunch of insicurities. As a result of this it causued us to have a hard horrible break up. He said and did things that I would have never thought he would have done to me. It...

Lyrics for "let's stop before we fall in love" [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Could someone please give me the lyrics to "let's stop before we fall in love?" I've been unsuccessful in searchin got it on the internet. The first couple of lines go, "I belong to her, you belong to him. We keep on playing a game we'll never win. We've got to stop, before the hurt...

And is it true some people can't live without love? [ 6 Answers ]

Well is it? Cause I, for one, am always miserable when I'm single! What about you guys?

I love Irish people [ 6 Answers ]

Sometimes my email alert lets me know I have email and sometimes it doesn't. Also I have been alerted that I have a few emails in my box but when I go to check there is nothing there. What's up with that?

View more questions Search