Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 05:46 AM
    I am still waiting for the reason for the right-wing political side to be so against global warming

I don't speak for the "right-wing political side" . When I see enough proof that the changes the cultists predict is happening then only then would I agree to such radical draconian society changing measures they suggest .
    As I mentioned ,they are always looking for scary things to influence us to adopt their utopian dreams .
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 05:56 AM
    Recently Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications at the United Nations, highlighted that the UN had partnered with several big tech companies, including TikTok and Google, to control COVID and climate narratives while claiming, “We own the science.”
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What you should be asking is why all the climate cultists like the Goracle ;the emperor and Quid Pro Joe all have made recent and very expensive home purchases on the ocean if they are concerned about rising seas .
    I'll be happy to look into that question.

Meanwhile, what about the right-wing agenda? Have you decided not to answer it? Or do you just have no answer.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 06:22 AM
    .I don't speak for the "right-wing political side"
    You don't? I thought you did. You have done so here for years.

When I see enough proof that the changes the cultists predict is happening then only then would I agree to such radical draconian society changing measures they suggest .
    Simple enough to see the proof. Simple enough to google. What are the draconian changes? You never seem to answer legitimate questions. You just keep making unsupported statements.

As I mentioned ,they are always looking for scary things to influence us to adopt their utopian dreams .
    More of the unsupported - just wild accusations. Colorful language, tho'.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2022, 06:38 AM
    What are the draconian changes?
    I'd call the Green New Deal pretty draconian. And this was, as you mentioned, "simple enough to google".

The Green New Deal (GND), which is not a bill in itself but rather a resolution for the government to craft new laws promoting clean energy, was published online along with an FAQ sheet that highlights some of the proposal’s broad strokes. Particularly striking: an ambitious call for America to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
    "Green New Deal" Calls for a Zero-Emission America by 2030 (futurism.com)

You never seem to answer legitimate questions. You just keep making unsupported statements.
    You're really saying that about others on this site???
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 09:48 AM
    Simple enough to see the proof. Simple enough to google
    Maybe you did not see this comment above

Recently Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications at the United Nations, highlighted that the UN had partnered with several big tech companies, including TikTok and Google, to control COVID and climate narratives while claiming, “We own the science.”

The comment from Melissa Fleming, Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications, United Nations was made at a 'tackling Disinformation forum' last month

Tackling disinformation – how can we combat the lies that go viral? – The European Sting - Critical News & Insights on European Politics, Economy, Foreign Affairs, Business & Technology - europeansting.com

“We partnered with Google,” “for example, if you Google ‘climate change,’ you will, at the top of your search, you will get all kinds of UN resources.
    “We started this partnership when we were shocked to see that when we Googled ‘climate change,’ we were getting "incredibly distorted information "right at the top.
    “We’re becoming much more proactive. We own the science, and we think that the world should know it, and the platforms themselves also do,

In other words ;anything that is contrary to conventional wisdom is "distorted information " to be purged from the public. Galileo had an easier time with the Inquisitors .
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2022, 09:54 AM
    “We started this partnership when we were shocked to see that when we Googled ‘climate change,’ we were getting "incredibly distorted information "right at the top.
    That's really concerning. Even if I was all in for the climate change agenda, I'd be concerned about that effort to control public access to information. Doesn't say much for Google either for them to be "partnered with".
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 10:13 AM
    Even NOAA finds no evidence of increased hurricanes or frequency due to AGW

Historical Atlantic Hurricane and Tropical Storm Records – Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (noaa.gov)

The evidence for an upward trend is even weaker if we look at U.S. landfalling hurricanes, which even show a slight negative trend beginning from 1900 or from the late 1800s.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2022, 11:08 AM
    And that's not to say that global temps have not eased upwards a bit over the past several decades. They have, but the nightmare scenarios predicted by the radical climate change advocates have not generally panned out. The biggest threat to food production, for instance, is not drought, but rather the squeezing of fertilizer supplies by those very same CC advocates.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 12:56 PM
    Perfect example of that is the idiotic unnecessary famine in Sri Lanka due to the do good envirowacko movement that instituted organic farming there .

President Rajapaksa in 2021 banned synthetic fertilizer and pesticide imports practically overnight, forcing Sri Lanka’s millions of farmers to go organic. He said that chemical fertilizers and pesticides were leading to “adverse health and environmental impacts” and that such farming methods went against the country’s heritage of “sustainable food systems.” He learned this nonsense from NGO and international busybodies .He said it would save the nation $400 million in the import of fertilizers .

The ban caused rice production to drop 20 percent in the six months . So now instead of being self sufficient in rice production ,the nation needs to import $ 450 million in rice . Prices at the store went up 50%

It's biggest export crop ;tea ,fell by 18 % .

Nothing destabilizes and riles up a population more than starvation . They had been gaining achieving upper to middle class status .In one years time more than a half million of the people sunk back into poverty . 300,000 people took to the streets demanding his resignation.
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2022, 01:33 PM
    President Rajapaksa in 2021 banned synthetic fertilizer and pesticide imports practically overnight, forcing Sri Lanka’s millions of farmers to go organic. He said that chemical fertilizers and pesticides were leading to “adverse health and environmental impacts” and that such farming methods went against the country’s heritage of “sustainable food systems.” He learned this nonsense from NGO and international busybodies .He said it would save the nation $400 million in the import of fertilizers .
    I wonder what the odds are that Pres. Raj got his pockets padded?

The ban caused rice production to drop 20 percent in the six months . So now instead of being self sufficient in rice production ,the nation needs to import $ 450 million in rice . Prices at the store went up 50%
    He and Biden must have attended the same conference on how to go from being self-sufficient to having to import commodities. In their case it's rice, while in our case it's petroleum.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2022, 03:58 PM
    Tackling disinformation – how can we combat the lies that go viral? – The European Sting - Critical News & Insights on European Politics, Economy, Foreign Affairs, Business & Technology - europeansting.com

“We partnered with Google,” “for example, if you Google ‘climate change,’ you will, at the top of your search, you will get all kinds of UN resources.
    “We’re becoming much more proactive. We own the science, and we think that the world should know it, and the platforms themselves also do,
    This was an attempt to fight disinformation about climate change. It is never good to influence what should be objective observers reporting the truth. However, none of the above changes the truth.

In other words ;anything that is contrary to conventional wisdom is "distorted information " to be purged from the public.
    Conventional wisdom does not replace science. In fact, it often IS distorted information, as it is in this case.

Perfect example of that is the idiotic unnecessary famine in Sri Lanka due to the do good envirowacko movement that instituted organic farming there
    The disaster in Sri Lanka was due to incompetent management by the president, as you pointed out. It is not an example of global warming being false.

I researched Gore, Obama and Biden. It is true all bought homes on shorelines of the ocean. However, I could not determine whether the areas involved are considered low-lying shorelines susceptible to climate changing sea rises.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2022, 02:40 AM
    Conventional wisdom does not replace science. In fact, it often IS distorted information, as it is in this case.
    BINGO !!! Group think conventional wisdom about climate change is not science .
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2022, 03:03 AM
    What are the draconian changes?
    As Jl said ;the Green New Deal comes immediately to mind . California's conversion to no gas autos by 2030 is another one . There is zero chance that would happen in 25 years let alone 7-8 years . The technology is just not there yet , Even if it was ;the conversion to all EV is a terrible idea that causes more environmental problems than it solves ;and makes us even more dependent on other nations for our energy .

There is nothing wrong with being a conservationist /environmentalist per se. The problem is that the movement is in the hands of left wing ideologues with their tired old ideas of more bureaucracy, more regulation , more political control over people and resources, and litigation to get what they can't achieve by the elective process.

Typical of the left ,they think the solution to everything is to spend other people's money. Real environmental and conservation should not be a disguise for what they are really after which is utopian egalitarianism . If there were simple solutions they would reject them in favor of the ones that transform society to their vision. Statists have hijacked the environmental movement and use it as a pretext for their real mission.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2022, 04:02 AM
    I researched Gore, Obama and Biden. It is true all bought homes on shorelines of the ocean. However, I could not determine whether the areas involved are considered low-lying shorelines susceptible to climate changing sea rises.
    Brit scientist James Lovelock died in July . He was the inventor of the device that made it possible to gage CFCs in the atmosphere. He was also the inventor of the Gaia theory that postulates that the earth and all it's components ;including it's biological systems ,act as a single self controlled and regulated entity .

He moved to the sea side later in life. When asked about it he responded that he was not concerned about rising sea levels . He said "At worst, I think it will be 2 feet a century.” If that is true then the emperor has no concerns because his house is 8 feet above sea levels and offset from the beach by a football field length .
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2022, 04:23 AM
    Typical of the left ,they think the solution to everything is to spend other people's money.
    Even worse, they want to spend money we don't have through borrowing and printing.
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2022, 08:59 AM
    There is nothing wrong with being a conservationist /environmentalist per se. The problem is that the movement is in the hands of left wing ideologues with their tired old ideas of more bureaucracy, more regulation , more political control over people and resources, and litigation to get what they can't achieve by the elective process.

Typical of the left ,they think the solution to everything is to spend other people's money. Real environmental and conservation should not be a disguise for what they are really after which is utopian egalitarianism . If there were simple solutions they would reject them in favor of the ones that transform society to their vision. Statists have hijacked the environmental movement and use it as a pretext for their real mission.
    This reads exactly like a MAGA-REPUBLICAN cultist screed.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2022, 02:45 PM
    Biden said, "I think the one thing [the hurricane] has ended is the discussion about whether or not there is climate change and we should do something about it." Evidently, he didn't bother to discuss that with his own climate experts who clearly do not agree.

Jamie Rhome, the acting director of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) National Hurricane Center, told CNN in an interview on Sept. 27, "I don’t think you can link climate change to any one event. On the whole, on the cumulative, climate change may be making storms worse," he continued. "But to link it to any one event, I would caution against that."

Even in terms of material damage, the case cannot be made at all. But of course, all of this data is from that infamous, right-wing band of conspiracy nuts known as NOAA. They might even be a bunch of white evangelicals!!

Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2022, 02:50 PM
    oh those pesky inconvenient facts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hurricane Ties [ 3 Answers ]

Look at the rafters in the Florida Room. If I installed the ties. One end would go on the rafter and the other connects to the wall. I know they have a left side and right side tie. I have 13 rafters altogether. I cannot use nails. It is solid cement. Is that the way you do it?

Hurricane gap,and AGW defectors [ 43 Answers ]

Unless we get a cat.3 hurricane hitting the US shores in the remaining month of the current hurricane season , we will have gone 5 seasons in a row without one. This is the 1st time this will occure since the 1910-1914 seasons . Within the last 4 years we had the release of the Goracle's...

Hurricane Katrine [ 7 Answers ]

I can't find anywhere that tells me when hurricane Katrina ended.. does anyone know? Thanks

Hurricane [ 1 Answers ]

Who names these hurricanes, why most of them have hispanic names, I think the last one called john,rite?

View more questions Search