Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 02:50 PM
    The local barber basically equates with you. He also has those real life "admissions and revelations". Still, you don't understand the process of science, so it's hard to explain to you.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 02:57 PM
    Always the putdown. And with no effort to explain "data" and properly assert yourself.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 03:14 PM
    You have no desire to understand.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You have no desire to understand.
    I would if you'd drop the attitude and explain.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 03:31 PM
    OK. We can start here. I posted that Stacy Abrams made a false claim that a fetal heartbeat could not be detected at six weeks. Both you and I posted quotes showing that she was plainly wrong. You initially supported her. Do you continue to support her statement?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 04:06 PM
    Dr. Esther Choo: "A fetal 'heartbeat' at six weeks merely reflects electrical activity produced by a tiny, amorphous clump of cells. Within the less than half-an-inch mass, there is not yet any structure recognizable as a heart, no pumping of blood, no circulatory system within which it could be pumped, and no developed end organs to pump it to."
    AND
    "There is no such thing as a heartbeat at six weeks. It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people that men have the right to take control of a woman's body."
    PLUS
    Genesis 2:7 (KJV) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 04:24 PM
    I will give you credit for trying. Alas, i can give you no credit for being right. You quoted a supporter of Abrams to support Abrams. Unfortunately, your own quote from above, which you must have posted in ignorance, contradicts that silliness. And you certainly cannot quote Abrams to support the quote of...Abrams. That's blatant dishonesty.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pr...abys-heartbeat

Your Genesis quote has already been demonstrated to be silliness. The man became a living soul because, prior to that, he was only dust of the ground. He had no heartbeat, no brainwaves, no environmental responses, and no breath. He had no more life than dust has. That is scarcely true of an unborn human being. Surely you can see that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 04:26 PM
    The man became a living soul because, prior to that, he was only dust of the ground. He had no heartbeat, no brainwaves, no environmental responses, and no breath. He had no more life than dust has.
    Just like a fetus.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 04:44 PM
    You are really trying to make the argument that a fetus has no more life than dust? Really???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 04:56 PM
    I hope men are the ones who get pregnant in heaven, or maybe it will be the situation during a stay in purgatory first.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 05:00 PM
    You are really trying to make the argument that a fetus has no more life than dust? Really???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 05:08 PM
    Until they take a first breath, they may as well be dust.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2022, 05:52 PM
    Originally Posted by jlisenbe
    her ridiculous claim that you can't really detect a fetal heartbeat at 6 weeks.

You can't. How many pregnancies have you had?
    I've never been pregnant . That is because MEN CAN'T get pregnant .

However I was the dad in a pregnancy . At 6 weeks my wife and I listened to my daughter's heart beat through a sonogram test .

When Does Baby Have a Heartbeat?

Your baby's heart starts beating approximately 22 days after conception. It won't be detectable yet—even though it's beating an average of 110 times a minute. But thanks to ultrasound technology, you (and your doctor) should be able to hear baby's heartbeat soon.
    When Can You Hear a Baby's Heartbeat? (parents.com)

that is 3 weeks not 6 weeks
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2022, 05:59 PM
    Esther Choo is an emergency physician and professor at the Oregon Health & Science University. She is a popular science communicator who has used social media to talk about racism and sexism in healthcare. She was the president of the Academy of Women in Academic Emergency Medicine and is a member of the American Association of Women Emergency Physicians.

Esther Choo - Wikipedia

She is an activist not a real physician
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 06:04 PM
    Calm down. She has an M.D. (from Yale U.), has a master's in public health, and is a real physician.

From that Wikipedia article: She earned a medical degree at Yale University in 2001.[1] She was a resident at Boston Medical Center.[1] In 2009, she returned for further training, earning a Master's in Public Health at Oregon Health & Science University.[5]
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 06:33 PM
    Until they take a first breath, they may as well be dust.
    I never cease to be amazed at the lengths to which people will go to maintain their liberal orthodoxy. According to this, dust has a heartbeat. Dust experiences pain. Dust bleeds. Dust grows. Dust has a metabolism. Dust has brainwaves. Dust has its own DNA.

Just amazing.

Dust can even be sanctified as a prophet to the nations! Then the word of the Lord came to me saying,
    “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you;
    I ordained you a prophet to the nations” (Jeremiah 1:4-5)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 06:46 PM
    I'm trying to outdo the bizarre notions that drip from the typing fingers of a narrow-minded repub.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 07:02 PM
    And then try to blame someone else. Classic liberal orthodoxy.

How do you know that your own "bizarre notions that drip from the typing fingers of a narrow-minded," liberal do not exceed "the bizarre notions that drip from the typing fingers of a narrow-minded repub?" I consider your views on dust to be beyond bizarre.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 25, 2022, 07:35 PM
    And then try to blame someone else. Classic liberal orthodoxy.
    Like you do on a consistent basis. Classic conservative orthodoxy.
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2022, 08:16 PM
    Name a time I have and you will have a point. I doubt you can. You are copying as you frequently do. Just another end-run.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has anyone here tried Insanity Workout? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in my 3 week of Insanity, today I have my 15day Fit Test. Obviously I do not see any big changes, its only been 2 weeks, but I do feel better, and I am not doing the diet they give you, I am just watching what I eat, no pop, no fast food, eat smaller portions, water all day. I know they say...

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Insanity [ 3 Answers ]

How does one get an insane wife committed?

Government insanity [ 242 Answers ]

Ahhh... our ever-efficient government strikes again. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich A couple of questions. 1) Who is the schmuck that complained that his neighbor was watching other people's kids? I want to find that idiot and just...

Government Insanity, The Sequel [ 3 Answers ]

This one really makes me mad, after months of being told that everyone should get the H1N1 vaccine, now we are told that only "priority groups" will get their vaccine first. Some of these useful, productive citizens include Guantanamo Bay detainees and prisoners in British Columbia. Nice to see the...

View more questions Search