Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 03:56 AM
    The silent majority
    20 years ago Brit pollsters were unable to predict a conservative victory . They came up with the phrase 'shy Torie ' to describe the conservative voter who for whatever reason had decided to not tell polling operations how they would vote .

Robert C Calaly of the polling firm Trafalgar Group is finding the same phenomenon in America today

He did a series of tweets on the issue.

In 2016 Trump supporters were called “Deplorables” and other unflattering names. This was a major contributor to the “shy Trump voter” phenomenon that “most” polling missed which resulted in a major loss in public confidence for polling flowing the election

In 2020 people who supported Trump or espoused conservative values out of step with “Woke” culture found themselves being “canceled” or “doxed”. This led to “hidden voters” that “most” polling under counted, therefore Trump support in key battleground states exceeded expectations

Now that the Biden administration has essentially classified “MAGA Republicans” as a threat to democracy marshaling federal law enforcement to focus on them. This move has created a new type of voter that will be even harder to poll or even estimate.

I call this new group “submerged voters”. They aren’t putting stickers on their cars, signs in their yards, posting their opinions, or even answering polls. At this point I think it’s fair to say that Biden’s pursuit of and attacks on “MAGA Republicans” has created an army of voters who will be virtually impossible to poll (even for us) and more difficult still to estimate.The 2022 Republican turnout will likely be higher than any of the polls or models are showing. All polls (including ours) will understate the impact of these “submerged voters”.

Robert C. Cahaly on Twitter: "In 2016 Trump supporters were called “Deplorables” and other unflattering names. This was a major contributor to the “shy Trump voter” phenomenon that “most” polling missed which resulted in a major loss in public confidence for polling flowing the election." / Twitter

Check out some similar questions!

Two Thirds Majority [ 2 Answers ]

We have a meeting this evening to vote on a resolution. This resolution was set in place in 1995 - but not by a two thirds majority. It was still passed. First question - was the vote in 1995 legal as it wasn't the 2/3rds majority it should have been? Second question. The resolution is clearly...

Majority child [ 8 Answers ]

I finally located a daughter after 28 years(her mother said she WASN'T mine even though we were married at the time) had a DNA test done, she is indeed mine. She now says the only way we can have a relationship is if I pay 18 years back child support. I am a disabled combat vet, can she sue me for...

Does the majority rule in the USA? [ 39 Answers ]

All my life I have heard that this is a country in which majority rules. Is this true, or is it something assumed without evidence?

Veto Proof Majority [ 45 Answers ]

Hello: I think the S-chip debacle finally sealed the fate of the Republicans. It WAS, after all, pretty MEAN of them. In their attempt to create a permanent majority of Republicans, I think they're going to create a permanent majority of Democrats. The Dems need about 9 Senate seats to...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.