Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2022, 10:09 AM
    They Told Nobody
    Luke's account of the transfiguration in chapter 9 ends with the statement "They told nobody what they had seen". This refers to Peter, James, and John. I know it means they didn't tell the general populace, but does it also mean they didn't even tell the rest of the twelve?

Your thoughts?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 13, 2022, 11:14 AM
    The Matthew Henry commentary: "The apostles* are here said to have kept this vision private. They told no man in those days, reserving the discovery of it for another opportunity, when the evidences of Christ's being the Son of God were completed in the pouring out of the Spirit, and that doctrine was to be published to all the world. As there is a time to speak, so there is a time to keep silence. Every thing is beautiful and useful in its season."

*Apostles, probably meaning the three who were there.

The Enduring Word website: "After it was all over, Peter, John and James told no one – after all, who would believe them?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend told me she is not over her ex. I told her to have some space. [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I've been seeing a girl for three months now. We get on really well, she has told me she really likes me, and how much she cares about me. She says she thinks a lot a of me, and enjoys my company. And I am totally smitten with her. But she dropped a bombshell the other day, she said she cannot...

What should I do after she told me we should be over? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I was in a relationship with a girl for almost 7 yrs. From me being 15, until almost turning 21. She was from 16 to almost 22. I fell from her when I started high school. We've been through so much together. Story is too long for me to write it here, but what I can is that I'm in love with...

When I was 14 my ex was 21 and someone told on us for seeing each other so he went to [ 6 Answers ]

When I was fourteen and my ex was twenty-one, someone told on us for dating and so he went to jail for third degree rape. I did not press charges and neither did my parents. I didn't want the order of protection but they still issued it. I'm 17 almost 18 now and I want to know if when I'm 18, a...

Should they not of told me! [ 7 Answers ]

So, I found a note on my kitchen table, since we always leave notes to say where we are going and what not, I decided to read it (usually it is from my mom saying what she works and what we need to do that evening)... well it did say that, and then it was a note to my step-dad, my mom and him just...

I told [ 5 Answers ]

I told a girl I've known forever that I love her and were not even dating and she won't talk to me now. What should I do?

View more questions Search