Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2022, 04:58 AM
    Donbas has become the killing ground of the new Battle of Verdun.
    The war in Ukraine has reached a stalemate as winter fast approaches . Russian artillery keeps Ukraine forces at bay while NATO ;mostly US supplies enough weapons to Ukraine to prevent a decisive victory for Russia .....and the meat grinder keeps churning .

Along with no progress on the battle field there is also no progress on any type of diplomatic resolution.

1916 the Germans tried a quick campaign to route the French and seize Paris. This plan failed and the opposing forces soon fought to a stalemate ;and both forces dug in.

Erich von Falkenhayn (Chief of the German General Staff) introduced an alternative strategy of using massive artillery bombardments to attrit the French army. Implemented in and around Verdun, the German attack launched on February 21 ,1916 inflicted casualties and pushed the French back some.
    During the spring of 1916, the German attacks devoid of the element of surprise, produced a high German casualty rate for fewer and fewer gains.
    In late August 1916, Paul von Hindenburg and Erich Ludendorff replaced von Falkenhayn. The new leadership soured on the Verdun offense, and, with the trench lines approximately where the fighting had begun, the battle of Verdun ended in December .

Russia is adopting a political asymmetric change in tactics . The cut off of oil from Germany is the opening salvo. This mirrors German changes in tactics that saw them attempting a naval blockade to cut off allies supplies from the US.

The Germans also gave a secret train ride to Lenin back into Russia . That led to the Russian Revolution ....I am not sure if there is a parallel for that yet although as I said already ....winter is coming .

70,000 Czechs take to the streets against government, EU and NATO | Euronews

Rising energy prices could fuel social unrest across Europe this winter | Reuters

Energy Crisis: Keeping the Lights on in Europe Will Be Very Hard This Winter - Bloomberg
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2022, 05:14 AM
    Another way to look at the Ukraine war is Lee's defense of Virginia in the Civil War. For more than 2 years Lee held off the Union Potamic Army's offensives . The South was not able to get the aid it was seeking from Great Britain .
    Eventually Lee's army was attritted .
    An unknown is how much longer Lee could've held out with Brit assistance. Lincoln was in political danger in 1864 and very easily could've lost the Presidency to an opponent who made it clear that the Union would abandon it's war aims .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2022, 05:45 AM
    The defense of Virginia illustrated three truths.

1. The genius of Lee in directing defensive operations.
    2. The grit and courage of the typical Confederate soldier.
    3. The advantages inherent during that time of being on the defensive.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2022, 12:43 PM
    The Russians have resorted to terror bombing of civilians to counter the Ukraine offensive . Here is a wmd attack on the village of Ozerne using illegal , thermite bombs .

Roman Hryshchuk on Twitter: "Ozerne village, Donetsk region. Ukraine. This is horrible. https://t.co/RbX9AF3SeG" / Twitter
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2022, 01:21 PM
    Good grief. They are such pigs. How great it would be if someone would take Putin out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I ground my generator to a copper rod driven into the ground with coax cable? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to test my 6000 watt generator. It is recommended that I ground it to a copper rod driven into the ground. I alread have a copper rod that is used to ground my telephone and cable lines. Can I use a length of coax cable to run from my generator ground to the copper rod?

What size ground wire do I need for a 10 mega-Hertz ground 400 feet long? [ 1 Answers ]

We are adding a new ground that is 400 feet away, and we need to size it for 10 mega-Hertz. Can you please tell me the size cable that we need to install?

Can a receptacle ground be attached to white nuetral terminal for ground? [ 1 Answers ]

I have older house. The receptacle showed "open ground." I connected a wire from the green ground terminal to the nuetral terminal, and the meter read "correct." I left it that way because everything worked. Is it safe?

Correct method to RUN copper ground wire to ground a 200 amp electrical circuit box? [ 0 Answers ]

Is a 3-wire copper ground or a solid copper wire required to ground a 200 amp electrical box? Is this wireing correct: A 3-wire copper ground wire in a conduit run from the electrical panel to the copper rod in the ground then to the cold water; AND THEN IN THE GARAGE the naked 3-wire...

View more questions Search