Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 06:18 AM
    Opportunity comes knocking?
    Russia's Gazprom indefinitely shuts gas flow to Europe. Russia indefinitely cuts gas supplies through the Nord Stream 1 pipeline.
    If we had someone other than a dull-witted, non-thinker in the WH, we might seize upon this as a way of greatly expanding our natural gas foreign markets and striking an economic blow at Putin and the Russkies. Alas, we do not have that someone.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 08:58 AM
    So here is the game ..
    Russia shuts down Nord Stream claims they can't do maintainance because sanctions etc is cutting them off from part suppliers .

Russia then pivots and sends natural gas to China .

China in turn jacks up the price and sells it to Europe

Russia also goes with the China to help boost the Yuan as a competitor to the dollar as a reserve currency.

We are already the largest LNG exporter to Europe . We could do a lot more by piping it to the Atlantic ports for shipping.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 09:37 AM
    We could do a lot more by piping it to the Atlantic ports for shipping.
    But that would require a leader with foresight and vison, and we presently don't have that.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 11:31 AM
    Instead Clueless tapped into SPR and sold some of that to China. We are not talking a tank full . We are talking 6 million bb ........SOLD FOR LESS THAN THE MARKET PRICE !!! (8 dollars less ) And what is China doing with it ? They are using our SPR to bolster their SPR.
    Due to Clueless ' releases our SPR is down to low levels not seen since 1985. He released over 20% of the reserve. Contrast that to Trump who ordered the reserve to max capacity by purchasing almost 8 million barrels in 2020 .

Clueless believed that dumping the oil on the market brings down the price . But every time he released it the price increased .
    The price eventually started to drop as the world economy slowed down.

This of course is completely against the intent of the reserve . It should not be used to manipulate the price. And if the goal was to lower the price then the obvious solution is the unshackle the energy industry .
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 11:54 AM
    It's just a general mess. Trump might have been a loud-mouthed bore, but he was at least a relatively efficient loud-mouthed bore.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 01:31 PM
    some of our most effective Presidents have been jerks. I don't pick em because of personality or character .I go with their core beliefs and ability to lead and to deliver .

Jimmy Carter had the personality of a saint . He was one of the worse Presidents . LBJ held press conferences while he skinny dipped . He effectively ushered in Civil Rights while boasting that his goal was the keep the n+++s voting for the Dems for a generation.Both Robert and Bobby Kennedy were unrepentant womanizers . Ike had an ongoing affair through the war . I could go on and on , Bubba of course could not keep his pants up.
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2022, 06:57 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Job opportunity? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have been given the opportunity to move to Australia but am in 2 minds about it. Firstly, what are the job opportunities there for someone who doesn't have any qualifications but a lot of experience? And secondly, what is needed to get in there?

Opportunity cost [ 0 Answers ]

Switzerland can produce 1 lb of chocolate in 1 hour and an automobile in 12 hours. Germany can produce 1 lb of chocolate in 2 hours and an automobile in 6 hours. How many opptunity costs do you need to compute to answer?

Opportunity to buy with 0 down [ 3 Answers ]

My Landlord wants to sell my the building I live in. It has one apt. where I live and two stores below. Highway frontage in Toms River, NJ, great building. Price is 525K. He will hold the mortgage for me, no money down. Income from property is about $3200 a month, mortgage payment would be around...

Opportunity [ 15 Answers ]

Now that I'm single I have opportunities. I'm thinking of starting at work. There is a beautiful women here and I would like to ask her out. I believe I should introduce myself and ask if she would like to have a coffee outside work. What do you think. I have not dated anyone at work before but for...

Which opportunity would you take? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a unique situation, which requires a little explanation: I moved to this town after college (graduated last Dec.) to learn a business from a mentor who is very successful. The idea is to work in various positions within his company for a few years while learning as much as I can, and then...

View more questions Search