Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2022, 05:24 AM
    'They paved paradise and put up a parking lot '
    So what is “critical infrastructure to combat climate change” ? I could think a lot of things such a broad mandated waste of $$$$ could be spent on. One of the last places I would think would be in paving parking lots

But $$$$ to be sent to Pennsylvania is going to be used for such projects.

USDA Invests $740K in Grants for Critical Infrastructure to Combat Climate Change in Rural Pennsylvania | Rural Development

The bulk of the $740 grand ($500 grand ) will go to repave 4 parking lots .

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) State Director Bob Morgan today announced USDA Rural Development is investing more than $740,000 in grants to support critical infrastructure and to combat climate change in rural Pennsylvania.

The Town of Bloomsburg in Columbia County received a $500,000 grant to repave four parking lots in the town. The aging infrastructure needs major repairs. Improvements of these lots will impact more than 30 businesses that are within a block radius of the proposed project...

​The cynic could call this a form of corporate welfare as it admittedly benefits businesses around the parking spaces. That sounds like a goal that should be handled at the local level. To me it provides further proof that the misnamed 'Inflation Reduction Act 'is an election year gimmee fraud .

Check out some similar questions!

Maidens of paradise [ 0 Answers ]

Why is there no authentic Hadith speaking of the superiority of the believing women over the huurs nor any quraanic Ayahs ?

Weed killer - once a year type - for paved driveway [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to get rid of grass and weeds that grow up between the paving stones in my drive way.I am told that there is a once a year Weed Killer spray that I can get,that stops anything growing for a year.Could anyone recommend a good one. I have used Glycosphate 360 by Butlers,and it...

Parking ticket- Double parking [ 3 Answers ]

I'm guilty, I know. I double parked in front of a bakery... but $115.00 for five minutes of double parking. They must have been watching me. Any chance I can get the fine Lowered. Any chance I can say I double parked to answer my cell?

Paradise island? [ 2 Answers ]

I used to watch a movie as a kid that was from the 50s maybe. It was about a man and his 4 beautiful daughter who lived alone on a Pacific island until the US army arrived to make it into a base. Of course the girls fall in love with the men. The youngest girl was very niave and cute. Anyone...

Sealing paved driveway [ 2 Answers ]

Have just sealed my driveway and while I was sealing it the wind blew lots of sand onto it. Now I have sand stuck/sealed onto my driveway. How can I get this off?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.