Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2022, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    To be clear, I would not be surprised to find that Trump DID insult a segment of the voting pop. I'm just saying I'm not aware of it.
    Anyone who does not kiss his um backside is worth insulting.

I have tried to block you before
    Okay. You want me gone? I won't interact with you any longer.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2022, 08:17 PM
    Okay. You want me gone? I won't interact with you any longer.
    I would have been happy if you had simply agreed to answer questions, or at least admit when, as is the case now, you have no answer. But do as you please. It's your decision.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2022, 08:25 PM
    I would have been happy if you had simply agreed to answer questions, or at least admit when, as is the case now, you have no answer. But do as you please. It's your decision.
    Nope, not my decision. You want to block me but can't. So I'll take the bull by the horns.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2022, 08:32 PM
    I tried to block you recently but couldn't. I don't think I would choose to do so now even though you are enormously frustrating due to your refusal to simply answer direct questions. At any rate, it's your choice. Do with the bull's horns as you please. Just don't blame it on me. Take responsibility for your own actions.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 2, 2022, 08:35 PM
    And I thought we were agreeing more and more. Silly me!
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2022, 08:42 PM
    We had been agreeing some! It's seemed to show some promise for sure. But really, let's try a simple exercise here. Did you provide a single example of Trump insulting a segment of the voting pop? If "yes", then please identify the example.

I will say that I appreciate your willingness to engage some. The other libs left the stage and threw it all in your lap. At least you are still working at it.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 04:07 AM
    Trump insults a lot of people . He does not insult "groups " and more often than not he does it after he has been attacked . He's a New Yorker ;a place where the middle finger is the standard greeting .
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 06:08 AM
    I think Trump has more sense than to insult a significant group of voters. The closest time I can think of was when he made the poor decision to accuse Mexico of sending many rapists across the border. "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you…They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists." That could certainly have been insulting to Latino voters in the U.S. Still, it was a far cry from Biden's latest effort, and it was not a direct insult to voters in America.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 08:42 AM
    yeah not all illegal border crossers are rapists and druggies .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2022, 09:22 AM
    He insulted a significant group of voters -- all women of any party and no party -- when a tape emerged from when he was a Republican candidate, that he had earlier bragged about using his fame to try and “****” women and grope them without waiting for their consent.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 09:34 AM
    He insulted a significant group of voters -- all women of any party and no party -- when a tape emerged when he was a Republican candidate, that he had earlier bragged about using his fame to try and “****” women and grope them without waiting for their consent.
    Nah. That was directed at a few women he had been with. It was indeed a dumb comment, but not a direct insult at all women. It merely put him on the same vulgar level as Bill Clinton, and granted that is a pretty low level, but it was hardly a direct insult at women as a voting group.

But it was closer than your other efforts. I'll grant you that.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 09:42 AM
    You really need material like this. These are negative remarks directly aimed at a significant voting group.

HC. "But what the map doesn’t show you is that I won the places that represent two-thirds of America’s gross domestic product. So I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward."

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

BO. "And it's not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2022, 09:47 AM
    it was hardly a direct insult at women as a voting group.
    He lost me and my church women friends with that remark and with his mocking of the disabled reporter. "How cruel this man is! We do not want him as our president!"
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 10:59 AM
    it was a juvenile locker room comment between 2 people that was captured on a hot mike . The comments jl posted were meant for public consumption by candidates .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2022, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    it was a juvenile locker room comment between 2 people that was captured on a hot mike . The comments jl posted were meant for public consumption by candidates .
    It showed who he is. And still is. I would not ever ever be alone with that man.
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2022, 11:46 AM
    as opposed to Creepy Peda - Joe . His daughter Ashley's diary says that he showered with her when she was a child . She wrote in the diary that that was “probably not appropriate”

This is not an isolated incident . There have been multiple cases of inappropriate touching witnessed by many He caresses the faces, heads, necks, shoulders, arms, and hair of women and girls often in plain view, in front of cameras
    Touching allegations have been made by former Nevada state assemblywoman Lucy Flores. His former senate staffer, Tara Reade, has claimed that he sexually assaulted her.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 11:52 AM
    This is what bothers me about WG. If it's Trump, then she goes off the deep end with criticism. If it's Biden or another liberal dem, then it's crickets. Selective outrage is never a good idea.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2022, 12:15 PM
    This is what bothers me about WG. If it's Trump, then she goes off the deep end with criticism. If it's Biden or another liberal dem, then it's crickets. Selective outrage is never a good idea.
    The topic of conversation was Trump. I didn't throw in my opinion of Al Franken or George H.W. or Santa Claus.
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2022, 01:24 PM
    Look at your own post 12 to see how you just told a wild tale.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2022, 01:32 PM
    Look at your own post 12 to see how you just told a wild tale.
    Speak English please. My Post #12: "And how did Biden respond?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hate and love him at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

I met someone online that I got along with really well. We hit it off right away and had a great friendship for a few months. I shared my worries with him and he was fun to spend time with. Eventually he confessed to me that he fell in love and told me he would steal me away from my boyfriend...

Pets, My rats hate bath time! [ 4 Answers ]

I would like some advise on how to encourage my rats to enjoy bath time for they sqeeq endlesley when I do so. Thanks for reading :0)

I hate and love it all at the same time. [ 11 Answers ]

My story is this: I met my boyfriend when I was in the 8th grade and he was in 9th. I hated him at first but he grew on me and we started dating... now here we are I'm 19 years old and he is 20 both graduated and I just finished up my 1st semester of college. Well here is my problem I love him so...

Dumped (hate that word) and confused - is it time he needs? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years broke up with me a week ago. Our relationship was a very happy one, with the exception of a long standing problem with his ex. Basically, I couldn't let go of little things from his past (she was the love of his life before me) and I let my insecurities cause argument after...

View more questions Search