Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2022, 08:26 AM
    Presidential Records Act the case of Bubba's sock drawer
    While Bubba was President he secretly made audio tapes . He planned on using them for future reference in a biography of his Presidency . He hid them in his sock drawer

Clinton's Secrets In His Sock Drawer - CBS News

Judicial Watch sued to have the tapes handed over to the National Archives in compliance with the Presidential Records Act.

Bubba argued that the tapes were personal and not Presidential records.

emperor appointed Judge Amy Berman Jackson agreed .

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_temp.pl?file=3211462-0--22511.pdf&type=application/pdf (justthenews.com)

Her findings :

“Under the statutory scheme established by the PRA, the decision to segregate personal materials from Presidential records is made by the President, during the President’s term and in his sole discretion,” .....Since the President is completely entrusted with the management and even the disposal of Presidential records during his time in office, it would be difficult for this Court to conclude that Congress intended that he would have less authority to do what he pleases with what he considers to be his personal records,”...“Because the audiotapes are not physically in the government’s possession, defendant submits that it would be required to seize them directly from President Clinton in order to assume custody and control over them,” “Defendant considers this to be an ‘extraordinary request’ that is ‘unfounded, contrary to the PRA’s express terms, and contrary to traditional principles of administrative law.’ The Court agrees.”

Trump asserts that any classified document or document of interest to the Archives has already been turned over and /or was stored in secure conditions established by the FBI in June.
    He correctly states that if they really wanted them returned ;all they had to do was ask.

The case affirms that it is the President's sole discretion to determine what is a personal record and what is an official Presidential record . Judge Jackson's found that the records could not be seized just because the Archives wants them.

The search warrant included classified materials and records created during the Trump presidency. But it has already been established that the FBI could not raid under that pretext .
    There was no specificity in the warrant which is a violation of the 4th amendment .

Maybe when we see the heavily redacted affidavit we will find out what the FBI was really looking for in their fishing expedition at Mar a Lago .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2022, 12:42 PM
    Message to the voters. "You just think you're in charge. Guess again."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite dishwasher model 465 double drawer - one drawer will not drain. [ 0 Answers ]

We have a double drawer dishwasher and the top drawer will not drain. We looked at the hose and it looks good. It does not sound the same as the lower one... could it be the pump? Do they have two separate pumps and if so how can I check this?

How do you remove the drawer from a kenmore elite dishwasher drawer [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to change the front panel on the bottom drawer of my kenmore elite drawer dishwasher. The info says to push in the clips on the bottom side of the drawer and move the drawer to the side about an inch to get it off the slide tracks. I have been trying for the last several days and cannot...

Pre Rock 'em/Sock them! [ 1 Answers ]

Long before "Rock 'em/Sock 'em Robots", there was a mechanical boxing toy with fighters who could knock each other's heads off. It had a fairly substantial ring and I remember playing with it in the mid to late fifties. I have tried to find this toy for some time, but to no avail. Any help would be...

Cooter, Jim Bob, and Bubba [ 4 Answers ]

Subject: Cooter, Jim Bob, and Bubba Three Rednecks were working on a cell phone tower...Cooter, Jim Bob, and Bubba. As they start their descent down the tower, Cooter slips, falls off the tower and is killed instantly. As the ambulance takes the body away, Jim Bob says, "Well,...

View more questions Search