Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2022, 04:42 AM
    Salaman Rushdie stabbed
    He is on a ventilator ,his life hanging on the balance.

He has been living with a death threat from the Ayatollah Khomeni since he wrote 'The Satanic Verses ' 1989 . It was probably safe to assume someone would one day get to him.
    I hope and pray he survives .

What is notable in this is where he was attacked. It happened in NY at the Chautauqua Christian Fellowship where he was to make an address.

What you need to know about the institute is that the institute drifted from it's original Methodist roots to radical left . This was true especially during the reign of Rev. Joan Brown Campbell at the beginning of this century .

Campbell before she became director mediated between Fidel Castro and Bubba Clintoon ,to kidnap at gun point ,Elian Gonzalez to return him to Cuba.

When she became director of the Institute she set a course of radicalizing the institution.She set out to purge conservatives ;and to welcome radical Muslims .She invited Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf to lay the groundwork for a Muslim cultural center You may remember him;the slum lord from NJ over the controversy over the 9-11 Mosque.He accused U.S. “an accessory to the crime” of September 11 and demanded that President George W. Bush give an “America Culpa” to acknowledge the harm America had done to the Islamic world.

Discover the Networks | Feisal Abdul Rauf

When the FBI went woke he was invited to give sensitivity training to agents .

Campell invited him in to lay the foundation for a Muslim Center at the institute.

Rushdi in his previous addresses to the institute had walked a fine line of deliberately not saying anything that could be perceived as offensive to Muslims . That protected him from the wrath of the heirs of Campbell . Unfortunately it did not protect him from the Ayatollah's fatwa .
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2022, 05:58 AM
    The name of the attacker is Hadi Matar which sounds alot like Mahdi Hatter . He was born in the US to Lebanese parents . The fatwah and the death of the Ayatollah happened before he was born.

But examination of his social media reveals he is sympathetic to radical Shia jihadistan and the IRGC .On his cell phone was a picture of Qasem Soleimani, the former head of the Quds Force ,who assumed the consistency of pink mist after Trump ordered him droned in Baghdad.

Matar flew under the radar because he was not a parent questioning school curriculum .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my employer because I was stabbed at work? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi There, I was working for a fitness club in a management position. While working out with another staff member, I was randomly attached by a member and stabbed 7 times with a 5" hunting knife. There was no altercation or words exchanged (the attacker was charged with attempt murder but plea...

I'm looking for the name of a movie!! He stabbed himself in the hand! [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie that is about several different couples and their stories sort of intertwine together. One of the couples is a man who is dating and marries a woman who is having an affair with a married man who she is really in love with. When she leaves him, he stabs himself in the hand...

Stabbed in leg with pencil [ 5 Answers ]

I got stabbed in the leg, upper thigh area, with a pencil 2 weeks ago. There was a huge bruise around that area. Now the bruise is almost gone, but I have had pain in the same leg from my knee to my hip. The pain is not where I got stabbed though. The pain is like a sharp stabbing feeling, that...

Stabbed with a rose thorn. [ 5 Answers ]

Yesterday afternoon while pruning my roses, I got stabbed with a rose thorn on the top of my left thumb. Not thinking anything of it, I kept working. Later in the evening puncture area was sore and red. My husband told me to clean it and put some antibiotic ointment on it which I did. This morning...

View more questions Search