Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2022, 11:45 AM
    New CDC guidance about covid...all that stuff we said before ? Never mind

In other words Covid is here to stay ...... live with it and deal with it No symptoms? No problem. Vaccinated or unvaccinated? Same guidance. Exposed? No need to even quarantine. Students exposed? They can stay in class.

CDC streamlines COVID-19 guidance to help the public better protect themselves and understand their risk | CDC Online Newsroom | CDC
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 12, 2022, 12:25 PM
    Least now the virus has mutated enough to be more like a heavy bout of cold/flu rather than the earlier life threaten nature.
    Gotta love heard immunity..
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2022, 12:36 PM
    all that stuff we said before ? Never mind
    Pretty well sums it up.

Least now the virus has mutated enough to be more like a heavy bout of cold/flu rather than the earlier life threaten nature.
    True enough, but it can be added that the initial variant was not the deadly, world ending virus it was first portrayed as.
    BossMan

Aug 12, 2022, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post

True enough, but it can be added that the initial variant was not the deadly, world ending virus it was first portrayed as.
    Indeed, however the world leaders erred on the side of extreme caution, thus minimizing the total fatality rate.
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2022, 01:01 PM
    all the mandates prolonged the worse effects;and we can only estimate the negative health impacts of the mandates
    BossMan

Aug 12, 2022, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    all the mandates prolonged the worse effects
    Or moderated them, only history will tell..
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2022, 04:39 AM
    Herr Doctor Fauci is getting out of Dodge when the posse arrives in January.
    He says he's leaving public service to pursue the "next chapter "of his career . That means there is the promise of a big $$$$$$ payday from the Pharmaceutical world ;probably for speeches . His next chapter should be retirement in Belize .....or maybe Beijing .....or maybe to the bat cave .

But even if he really stopped working ;he will retire with a $350 thousand + /year government pension.

Dr. Anthony Fauci’s Golden Parachute Will Exceed $350,000 Per Year – The Largest In U.S. Federal Government History (forbes.com)
    BossMan

Aug 23, 2022, 10:00 AM
    While this may seem alot of money, bear in mind he has been in position for almost 40 years.
    Presidents get paid handsomely as well for life, once they leave the White House.
    https://www.thebalance.com/presidents-salary-4579867

Worth comparing this amount with Merchant Bankers, or CEOs of Tech companies...
    While the public service annual sum is significant it pales into insignificance compared to vested shares, etc..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2022, 10:04 AM
    Dr. Fauci is ... um ... 81 years old.
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2022, 10:06 AM
    it is by far the largest public pension ever awarded . President's don't get that much . They get graft rewards when they leave .
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2022, 10:22 AM
    Dr. Fauci is ... um ... 81 years old.
    yes he is But it was well past his time to leave when he funded gain of function research in Wuhan .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2022, 12:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yes he is But it was well past his time to leave when he funded gain of function research in Wuhan .
    Thank goodness I didn't drink a disinfectant as suggested by Trump!
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2022, 12:45 PM
    Thank goodness I didn't drink a disinfectant as suggested by Trump!
    Why you persist in continuing to state what is known to everyone to be untrue is just beyond me. TDS at work for sure.

But if it's true, give us the quote where Trump suggested you "drink a disinfectant". We will all patiently wait as we keep hope alive.

Took about three minutes to find this. Fact Check: President Trump Did NOT Suggest Americans Drink Disinfectant To Protect Against COVID-19 | Lead Stories
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2022, 12:54 PM
    But even if he really stopped working ;he will retire with a $350 thousand + /year government pension.
    And we wonder why we have a budget deficit.

While this may seem alot of money,
    That would be because it IS a lot of money.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2022, 01:09 PM
    But if it's true, give us the quote where Trump suggested you "drink a disinfectant". We will all patiently wait as we keep hope alive.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=33QdTOyXz3w

Put the light inside, and heck, put the disinfectant inside!
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2022, 01:36 PM
    Only in your world does Trump suggesting a MED EXPERT think about different ways of treating COVID such as "injecting" a disinfectant become a call for Wondergirl to "drink a disinfectant". One of the worst cases of TDS I've ever heard of.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2022, 01:45 PM
    Only in your world does Trump suggesting a MED EXPERT think about different ways of treating COVID such as "injecting" a disinfectant become a call for Wondergirl to "drink a disinfectant". One of the worst cases of TDS I've ever heard of.
    Yet some people heard it that way. And drank. Would injecting it have been better?

As I said earlier, "Put the light inside, and heck, put the disinfectant inside!"
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2022, 01:53 PM
    Yet some people heard it that way
    Hard to fix dumb. And I don't mean that in an ugly way, but how do you account for someone doing something that stupid? And in your case, you posted the statement above knowing full well it was not true. Not good.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 23, 2022, 01:55 PM
    Hard to fix dumb. Using a few brain cells would have been best.
    Trump fans....
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2022, 01:58 PM
    It was not a Trump fan making a false statement on this site. It was you. You are doing exactly what you have been critical of Trump doing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Clueless intentionally lies about the covid vaccine [ 3 Answers ]

Definitely getting desperate to go into the campaign with something resembling an accomplishment . Desperate times call for desperate measures including making a claim that is easily demonstrably false . A bold lie . And that is what we got from the White House in a tweet When President...

NY ;covid relief fund diverted [ 0 Answers ]

I could've added this to many other postings on this board . But it intersects so many of them that it deserved it's own post. NY Education Dept is diverting funds targeted for pandemic relief to Critical Race Theory (CRT) training . NY was awarded $9 billion in Elementary and Secondary...

Trump Falsifies COVID Reports From The CDC [ 21 Answers ]

It never ends. Breaking news this evening (and yesterday). The Trump Administration falsified reports from the CDC by changing the science to reflect Trump's agenda. The CDC reports are routinely sent around the world and are (or were) the gold standard in cases like the pandemic. Needing to...

COVID-19 vs Flu [ 11 Answers ]

Many people believe COVID-19 is no worse than the flu. I’m here to set the record straight. COVID-19 affects the lungs at the level of the alveoli. This is the deepest tissue of the lung, and the hardest to treat. On X-Ray, the bases of the lungs look like they are full of ground glass. The...

Should I let my girlfriends past sexual stuff play on my mind..? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 6 months now and I am on a year abroad for university, I talk a lot to her and as we cannot be together physically, we talk and sometimes have a bit of dirty talk. I am a curious guy and I asked her about her past with ex's and the stuff they got up to, I asked...

View more questions Search