Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 08:51 AM
    So much for civil discourse
    Beto, when faced with a contrary position, said this. 'It may be funny to you motherf---er, but it's not funny to me." Thank goodness that the party of tolerance is so patient.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6310733443112#sp=show-clips
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 10:48 AM
    I had to laugh too when I saw him getting on one knee like he was a soldier aiming a rifle . It reminded me of Dukakis in a tank

Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 10:56 AM
    It wasn't "a contrary position" by an audience member; it was derision, major disrespect of cruelly murdered children and two teachers.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:18 AM
    I don't think anyone is supporting the protestor's action, but to use "mf" in a crowd which included many children is just despicable. In fact, it's despicable at any time. It's what I would have expected from a middle school child or a gang-banger. But since he's a liberal dem, then other liberal dems will, of course, defend him.

You can't advocate for tolerance just for other people. You must exhibit it yourself. BO did just the opposite.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 11:26 AM
    That expletive is very common on tv, in videos, in ordinary conversation. If a child doesn't know what it means, it will fly right past him.

I'm betting if you ask Trump, "What happened in Ulvade, Texas, recently?", he would be stumped.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:30 AM
    Like I said. Liberal dems always support liberal dems even when they do that which is despicable, including the use of very foul language around children. But I'll remember in the future that WG is OK with using vulgar words around children so long as they don't know what the words mean.

I'm betting if you ask Trump, "What happened in Ulvade, Texas, recently?", he would be stumped.
    Just more TDS, and coming from a person who voted for a man who probably has to be reminded what day of the week it is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    But I'll remember in the future that WG is OK with using vulgar words around children so long as they don't know what the words mean.
    And loving parents must then explain to their children what those words mean and why they were used.
    Just more TDS, and coming from a person who voted for a man who probably has to be reminded what day of the week it is.
    I'm a Republican.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:48 AM
    No. Adults should use common sense and simply not use those words. How about the N word? Are you OK with someone using that as long as the kids don't understand them? "Honey, let mommy explain to you what a MFer is." It's just being absurd. Anything to protect a fellow liberal dem. If Trump had done that, then you'd be going nuts.

I'm a Republican.
    You're the biggest liberal dem on this site.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 11:51 AM
    No. Adults should use common sense and simply not use those words. How about the N word? Are you OK with someone using that as long as the kids don't understand them? "Honey, let mommy explain to you what a MFer is." It's just being absurd. Anything to protect a fellow liberal dem. If Trump had done that, then you'd be going nuts.
    I agree -- not use them. But their children should get a calm explanation of what those words mean and why they're used.
    You're the biggest liberal dem on this site.
    Nope. I'm the only sane Republican here.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:55 AM
    No parent should have to explain the meaning of "mf" to their 10 year old. It's just a desperate defense of a fellow liberal dem who acted like a ten year old himself.

Sane repub? Nah. Perhaps it can best be expressed in this way. You have yet to find a liberal dem you would criticize, and you have yet to find a liberal dem position you would criticize. Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...oh well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 12:10 PM
    No parent should have to explain the meaning of "mf" to their 10 year old. It's just a desperate defense of a fellow liberal dem who acted like a ten year old himself.
    Who will the child ask for an explanation? His school friends? His teen neighbor? His foul-mouthed uncle? And he'll learn a few more expletives during the conversation -- and feel free to use them himself.

No, a loving parent needs to be in charge of this.
    Sane repub? Nah.
    Yep. As Republicans used to be before Trump -- and earlier. Think pre-1964.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 12:13 PM
    When a stupid, vulgar adult uses profane language like that in the presence of a child, he is a poor excuse of a human being. Make all the excuses you want. It is disgusting. Why should that "loving parent" be forced into that situation because of the deplorable behavior of a sorry politician? And if Trump or any repub does it, then the same is true of them. Party affiliation is not an excuse.

This still explains it best. You're not fooling anyone here. "Perhaps it can best be expressed in this way. You have yet to find a liberal dem you would criticize, and you have yet to find a liberal dem position you would criticize. Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...oh well."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 12:19 PM
    When a stupid, vulgar adult uses profane language like that in the presence of a child, he is a poor excuse of a human being. Make all the excuses you want. It is disgusting. Why should that "loving parent" be forced into that situation because of the deplorable behavior of a sorry politician?
    Because that parent loves his/her child and wants to teach that child the correct and loving way to speak to others.
    This still explains it best. You're not fooling anyone here. "Perhaps it can best be expressed in this way. You have yet to find a liberal dem you would criticize, and you have yet to find a liberal dem position you would criticize. Walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...oh well."
    I very rarely comment on political threads. Not my thing. It used to be fun sparring and playing catch with Athos.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 12:31 PM
    It used to be fun sparring and playing catch with Athos.
    hard to spar when speaking to a like minded person.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    hard to spar when speaking to a like minded person.
    Oh, we happily sparred!
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 12:59 PM
    I very rarely comment on political threads. Not my thing. It used to be fun sparring and playing catch with Athos.
    You rarely comment on political threads? You've commented on the latest four under "current events". At any rate, any comment you make is to support the liberal dem cause.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 01:07 PM
    I comment (now that Athos is gone) only because I get so bored playing Solitaire and watching Dr. Phil and Jeopardy on tv. Sometimes I watch the youtube videos of Marcel the Shell with Shoes On or OwlKitty or Talking Kitty Cat. After all, there's more to life than AMHD Current Events!
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 01:12 PM
    I can understand that. You are always welcome and it's good to see your views. It's just a stretch to say that you "rarely" comment on political subjects. And to be sure, you have never found a liberal dem cause you did not support.

Hard to imagine you and Athos ever having even a semi-serious disagreement.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 01:26 PM
    Been rather sad to see the demise of this site. I came aboard several years ago mainly for the plumbing and electrical areas. We used to get several questions a week on both of them. Now it's down to three or four a YEAR. I came over to member discussions when those two areas played out.

Well, he's not only vulgar as it turns out, but he also doesn't keep his word.

"Great point, and I don’t intend to use the F-word going forward. Point taken, and very strongly made. We’re going to keep it clean," he said in March 2019.
    O'Rourke, who commonly used the F-word during presidential campaign events, also appeared to break the pledge mere months after making it.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bet...e-avoid-f-word
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 11, 2022, 01:34 PM
    In the past, when AMHD was roaring with activity, I rarely commented on Politics -- was preoccupied with the Christianity thread and Member threads. Now, one of the few active boards is Current Events. I like to be oppositional -- challenge others to consider and post their own views and then support them with cogent arguments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Or Civil law, I can't tell... [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: A guy pleads guilty to a minor drug offense.. Part of his sentence is to get a drug evaluation, and he DOES! Years go by, and the guy is stopped for a traffic violation. A warrant appears and his a$$ is hauled off to jail. Come to find out, the court appointed drug counselor, who...

What is Poetic discourse? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I'm supposed to write about poetic discourse on the poetry of any poet; I need to know your definitions and understanding of what poetic discourse is? :) Thanks in advance

Masters in Civil after Diploma in Civil + 12 Years Experience [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All I done diploma in Civil Engineering in 1995 and I have experience in Highways around 12 years. Any institute provide masters in civil engineering (distance learning) after diploma+12 years experience? Kindly advise

Civil War [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I have a question about the civil war... In mid-1863 the Union gained control of the entire length of the Mississippi River. What strategic advantage did this give the Union? Help Please

View more questions Search