Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 05:38 AM
    How far will the left go to get rid of Trump ?
    They tried the Russia hoax .They tried 2 impeachments . They tried endless investigations into his businesses. They have a kangaroo court with the stated goal of it's members to ensure Trump is never President again.

They now raided his private home while he was away and seized boxes of documents that may or may not have been relevent to the alleged violation of the Presidential Records Act .

Trump asked a pertinent question in his lengthy response to the raid .

What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee? Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States,”

Good question . Ironically ,the raid yesterday was on the anniversary of Richard Nixon's resignation .

So the question is .......if they cannot stop Trump with this raid ;how far will they go ?

Bernard Kerik speculates that they could go as far as assassination in their lust to stop Trump.

Bernard B. Kerik on Twitter: "And just like in other Third World countries, if today’s raid by Biden’s FBI does not stop Donald Trump from running for president in 2024, their next move will be Assassination." / Twitter
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 05:57 AM
    As a side note . Thursday FBI Director Christopher Wray cut short a hearing at the Senate Judiciary Committee because he had a plane to catch . Turns out that important flight was a junket on the FBI’s luxury Gulfstream 550 jet to his favorite vacation spot in the Adirondacks .
    Among the questions he dodged at the hearing was

the FBI’s mishandling of the case of Larry Nassar, who was convicted in 2016 of sexually abusing U.S. gymnasts ;and the lack of transparency about how the Department of Justice decided a jury would not convict FBI agents for their handling of the investigation.

He did not agree with Senators who argued that the Hunter Biden laptop was not Russian disinformation .

He declined to answer questions about why the FBI labeled the Betsy Ross flag, the Gadsden Flag, and the Gonzales battle flag as signs of “militia violent extremism” in their training docs

He declined to answer questions why the FBI is not enforcing laws designed to protect judges from intimidation in front of their homes .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 11:19 AM
    Really good posts. I copied the first one to FB.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2022, 11:34 AM
    What's the difference between this and what happened on January 6, 2021?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 9, 2022, 11:37 AM
    Question for thought;
    Is the Political Spectrum linear or circular ?
    Maybe simplistic, but worthy of thought..

Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 11:52 AM
    What's the difference between this and what happened on January 6, 2021?
    Huh? January 6th was a fairly small-scale riot. This was a government sponsored invasion of a man's private home. Now maybe it's going to turn out to be legit. That's possible, but how to compare that to 1/6 is quite a challenge.

CB, I think it's interesting that on your timeline you place liberalism at the end of a move towards freedom while conservatism is place at the beginning of a march towards slavery. I'd reverse those.
    BossMan

Aug 9, 2022, 11:56 AM
    J, not my image or even timeline, just one I thought summed things up rather succinctly.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 12:01 PM
    CB, it is a valid point. Others have presented it as a contest between weak people accepting a totalitarian government versus strong people insisting on freedom.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 12:24 PM
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 03:17 PM
    Ben the spectrum I have used as a premise for years has liberty on one end and tyranny on the other. The one you post is circular. Mine clearly differentiates.

I have read Atlas Shrugged about a dozen times. It should be required reading
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2022, 12:45 PM
    Name:  school board.JPG
Views: 102
Size:  52.8 KB
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2022, 12:51 PM
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 03:14 AM
    The real reason for the raid is clear . If they can prove that Trump violated section b of 18 US code 1871 then they believe they can make a case of banning Trump from being eligible of being President again.

Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Here is the problem with their thinking. The statute runs up against the Constitution . Sec 2 of the Constitution makes it clear what the qualifications for being President are . It also says that the only disqualifying thing is impeachment and conviction .

No Federal statute overrides the Constitution; especially in a case where separation of powers in involved . Congress cannot create a law that determines the qualifications for being President . That would make a Congress that has greater power than the Presidency .

Even the espionage act that some Dems claim Trump violated does not have provisions for disqualifications . It has more severe penalties but no disqualification.
    18 U.S. Code § 793 - Gathering, transmitting or losing defense information | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

They know this . It is why they attempted a conviction trial in the Senate after he had already left office.
    BossMan

Aug 11, 2022, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The real reason for the raid is clear . If they can prove that Trump violated section b of 18 US code 1871 then they believe they can make a case of banning Trump from being eligible of being President again.
    You know what, Tom, I agree with you.
    The establishment will do anything they can to stop another Trump fiasco..
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 10:34 AM
    so you then know from the rest of the posting that they are tilting at windmills . The only way they can stop him from running again would be if he is behind bars ....something the partisan Stalinist Kangaroo court is hell bent on achieving .
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:26 AM
    Trump fiasco..
    If record low unemployment is a "fiasco", then we need more fiascoes.

I think they may very well be strengthening Trump's hand rather than weakening it. They are now under great pressure to come up with something that is solidly inculpatory. That should make us all nervous given the generally corrupt behavior of this justice department.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 12:14 PM
    That should make us all nervous given the generally corrupt behavior of this justice department.
    There was I time I would've considered the possibility of an FBI agent planting evidence inconceivable . Then again there was a time when I thought the same about the idea of an agent falsifying a document to obtain a warrant to spy on a Presidential Candidate's staff .
    FBI Attorney Admits Altering Email Used for FISA Application During "Crossfire Hurricane" Investigation | USAO-CT | Department of Justice
    BossMan

Aug 11, 2022, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If record low unemployment is a "fiasco", then we need more fiascoes. .
    Don't just cherry pick the highlight(s), look at the entire term, in a holistic manner, not the most conducive to showcasing the best of the United States in an international setting. After all the USA is self styled as the Leaders of the Free World.
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 02:06 PM
    Still not following you. The economy was great. Unemployment was incredible. Federal judges were appointed who believed in the rule of law. N. Korea was held in check. China was held in check. Russia was held in check. Now there was Covid, which basically flattened everyone. As far as negatives go, there were his chronically big mouth and his failure to get to a balanced budget. All in all, the pendulum was swinging on the positive side.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 03:43 PM
    not the most conducive to showcasing the best of the United States in an international setting. After all the USA is self styled as the Leaders of the Free World.
    The assumption in this statement is that the US was lacking leadership in world affairs under Trump.
    Let's examine that .

Trump called out NATO to man up and commit resources they had previously agreed to strengthen the alliance. That proved to be prescient given the Russian invasion of Ukraine . Now that NATO members see that the world is not in a Fukayama End of History fantasy ,NATO realizes they are late to the game .

Trump worked with Asian nations to create a common block in the defense of Chinese hegemonic ambitions .

He was instrumental in brokering the Abraham accords in the ME creating alliances of common interest with Israel and various Gulf state to check the ambitions of the homicidal apocalyptic regime in Tehran ....the worlds leading sponsor of international terrorism. He correctly reversed the emperor's commitment to the JCPOA sell out that would lead to a nuclear terrorist state in Tehran .

He struck in Syria when they used chemical weapons and battled Russia in Syria
    . He approved of the droning of Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ elite Quds Force, in Baghdad.

He negotiated a logical withdrawal from the 20 year involvement in Afghanistan ... a withdrawal that Clueless Joe completely screwed up .

So I don't see how his tenure as 'Leader of the Free World " was a failure .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who Left Office More Disgraced? Nixon, Clinton or Trump? [ 4 Answers ]

Definitely Trump. No one really cared that much about Clinton. That was a private matter between him and his wife and he left with a really high approval rating. In fact his approval rating went up after his impeachment. Nixon is small potatoes compared to Trump. He at least had enough...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Pain starting in lower left back, left ovary,groin an leg area [ 2 Answers ]

I have been experiencing pain in my lower back on the left side with a burning sensation in my left ovary, groin area and left thigh. Added to these symptoms I have also been having a fever. I did an ultrasound of the groin and pelvic which revealed swollen lymph nodes. Cause I was also having a...

View more questions Search