Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2022, 03:38 AM
    NYC Potemkin Public Schools screw minorities of the education they deserve .
    and I'm sure this is happening across the country .

some examples
    Bryant HS teachers say they must pass all students (nypost.com)

NYC DOE accused of stalling fraud probe at Queens HS (nypost.com)

Maspeth HS diplomas 'not worth the paper' they're printed on (nypost.com)

Principal caught on tape: Pass students who don't learn but 'try' (nypost.com)

High school accused of massive grade-fixing scheme (nypost.com)

Queens lawmaker calls for federal probe of grade fraud in NYC schools (nypost.com)

Mathgate: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio Caught in Massive Grade Fraud Scandal - The American Spectator | USA News and Politics

You can read them all but the bottom line is that NYC public school system is a criminally negligent failure .
    The Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem is an example . 8th grade, 95% of students failed Math proficiency and the school passed 93.9% of them .

TheForgottenFourth_V4.pdf (familiesforexcellentschools.org)

The founder of the Eagle Academy network, David Banks, is now Chancellor of the New York City Department of Education. His answer was to eliminate standardized tests . Standard testing exposes the fraud .So they had to go.

NYC schools spend 'too much time' on state tests: chancellor (nypost.com)

It gets even worse . Schools specifically designed to cater to students who excel are being dumbed down. Now instead of admission by achievement ,students gain admittance by a lottery system. Admittance by dumb luck.

The teacher's unions are complicit in this fraud .

Those destroying public schools don't want you thinking about alternatives (nypost.com)

The Dem think tank The Brookings Institute understands that the Dem party is controlled by the public unions ;especially the teachers .

So it is correct to conclude that the Dem party is also complicit in the fraud .

Teacher unions may be more important than ever in 2020 (brookings.edu)

(By the way, of course, I sleep with an NEA member every night,”) Clueless Joe.

Biden quips about sleeping with NEA member 'every night' at labor event (yahoo.com)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2022, 04:37 AM
    It is all due to the great hidden secret. Black students do not perform as well in academic areas as other students do, so any grading system or system of admittance will invariably result in lower performance on their part. Liberals immediately assume it is due to discrimination, and so we end up with these silly policies in place because very few people have the courage to stand up and state the truth. Perhaps a better answer would be to try and find out why black students lag behind and see what might be done about it.

In my last few years in education, we had to endure the Mattie T ruling. It was found that black students were more likely to qualify for special ed classes than were other students. Since this just had to be due to discrimination, it was determined by an idiot judge that special ed classes could not vary in racial make-up from the general student population by more than 1 or 2 percentage points. That this is bad is obvious to anyone not blinded by liberal orthodoxy. Black students who needed to be in sped classes could not get in because of that nonsense. It was a terrible form of reverse discrimination, but by golly it made the numbers work out right and that is, in their minds, the primary thing.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2022, 09:46 AM
    Why is this? -- "Black students do not perform as well in academic areas as other students do, so any grading system or system of admittance will invariably result in lower performance on their part."
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2022, 09:53 AM
    Great question. Why do black students not perform well? I'm sure that family structure has a lot to do with it. I'm sure that a culture which values athletics and music a great deal more than academics has a lot to do with it. Low expectations and even lower demands have a lot to do with it. Difficulties in recruiting high quality teachers to teach in minority schools has a lot to do with it. Perhaps most of all, a complete national refusal to even so much as acknowledge the problem much less come up with a realistic plan to address it has a lot to do with it. So we come up with idiotic plans to grade more easily and reward low performance. Just incredible. Evidence? "The Eagle Academy for Young Men of Harlem is an example . 8th grade, 95% of students failed Math proficiency and the school passed 93.9% of them."

Might add that it might be genetic. In other words, black students in general might have less academic ability than other kids. Not suggesting that is the case, but it's possible.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:57 AM
    I can't answer why .But I can say definitively that the policy of the Dem plantation is to intentionally leave them behind and make no effort to address the issue .
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 05:42 AM
    When the cause of the problem is "sensitive", then people tend to avoid the discussion lest they be accused of being racist, insensitive, intolerant, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Art in public schools; [ 3 Answers ]

Do public schools (specifically elementary schools) still to this day hire art teachers? It seems rather an old concept, but in the late 90's and late 2000's I had an art teacher in both Elementary and Middle school.

Is there any role for religion in public schools? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble trying to figure out what three points I could talk about in the body paragraphs that are part of the thesis statement. This is the question for a position paper and I am saying yes to the question.

What can I do about discrimenation in the public schools? [ 4 Answers ]

My son got suspended a week before christmas break. The principal accused him of choking a middle school student and that he has evidence on video camera. My husband saw the video and it didn't show it. And the principal said he made a mistake. And now he suspended my son again for another...

View more questions Search