Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2022, 01:18 PM
    TDS on steroids
    I admire D+ck Cheney for his lifetime service to the country . But in a desperate attempt to support his daughter Liz's failing Senate reelection bid he said a whopper in a campaign ad

“In our nation’s 246 year history there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our Republic than Donald Trump.”

Cheney

Liz Cheney on Twitter: "“In our nation’s 246 year history there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our Republic than Donald Trump.” Cheney https://t.co/erBPBNy8ah" / Twitter
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2022, 04:33 PM
    Thankfully, Cheney is not in the Senate. Otherwise, your post was great. She and evidently her dad have a burr under their saddles with Trump.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2022, 04:52 PM
    Clearly the Dems want a civil war

Trump's home raided by the FBI before Evita's or Hunter Biden's who would'a thunk it ?

This 3 months before the mid-term elections . No politics in this call . No special council appointed Just a raid ordered by a politicized Attorney General .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2022, 05:31 PM
    If I were Trump, I would have destroyed or rehomed anything that was incriminating.
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2022, 06:14 PM
    You mean like Evita did ? What was incriminating ? I am hearing that this was a clear fishing expedition. Maybe if he had stuffed records in his underware like Sandy Berger did it would be no biggie (Sandy was just being sloppy)

Sandy Berger's Little Mistake (spectacle.org)
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2022, 06:16 PM
    This is really stunning. It is the Biden admin going completely outside the rule of law.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2022, 08:21 PM
    It was UNDER the rule of law. No problem. TrUmp was the one breaking the law, going outside the rule of law.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 02:56 AM
    What law did he break ? As of this minute 6 AM et the Justice Dept has not even made a statement about the raid . Reports are that they brought a safe cracker expert in and broke into the safe and found nothing . So they just gathered documents and left whether the docs were part of the warrant issued or not .Even with intentional and egregious acts like Sandy Bergers, there was no jail time and a misdemeanor plea.

If this was a matter of the records act then it is particularly galling . If there was a dispute about what was classified then that is resolved through negotiations with the National Archives ,or by judicial decision . By all reports Trump was cooperating in turning over documents . Same is true if the kangaroo court subpoenaed docs .

Compare that to Evita destroying over 33,000 docs subpoenaed by Congress.She kept classified docs on a private server . Comey refused to send the matter to DOJ even though he declared her handling of classified emails as reckless and criminal .

Comey himself removed FBI material and leaked it to the press.

So what do we have here ? We have a politicized Justice Dept raiding the home of the most likely opponent to the Chief Executive in the 2024 election.

Alan Dershowitz, a lifelong Democrat who voted for Biden but also defended Trump during impeachment, said the raid was an aberration, given that Trump wasn't even in Florida. A grand jury subpoena, he said, would have been more appropriate.
    Dershowitz said absent convincing proof that Trump was planning to destroy evidence, the Biden DOJ and FBI risked committing an abuse of power with the raid.

Jonathan Turley, another Democrat who also defended Trump during impeachment wrote
    "The question is why a subpoena would not suffice, particularly when the subject is not present at the location," "Instead, a raid was ordered to scope up boxes of potential sensitive documents that were not reviewable at the scene."
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:29 AM
    It is an exercise more appropriate for Nazi Germany than for a supposedly free nation.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:33 AM
    When compared to the treatment of Alexei Navalny ,it is closer to Putin tactics .

Buried in the 4th amendment is a ban against general warrants . The FBI better prove that is not the case . So far they are silent . You know they would've been all over the news cycle gloating if they had found something relevant to the warrant .
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:37 AM
    The crazy thing to me is this. They better hope they actually come up with something from this seized material. If they don't, then they run the risk of appearing to be an out-of-control, lawless administration with the result of attaching a martyr designation to Trump. It could all very easily play into his hands.
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:38 AM
    yes I amended my comment above to include that issue
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:45 AM
    Evita toady Marc Elias;who was pressed by Durham during the Sussman trial about his role in the Russia hoax , tweeted what I believe is the REAL MOTIVATION for the raid .

This quote has to be in BOLD text .....

Yes, I recognize the legal challenge that application of this law to a president would garner (since qualifications are set in Constitution). But the idea that a candidate would have to litigate this is during a campaign is in my view a "blockbuster in American politics."

Marc E. Elias on Twitter: "Yes, I recognize the legal challenge that application of this law to a president would garner (since qualifications are set in Constitution). But the idea that a candidate would have to litigate this is during a campaign is in my view a "blockbuster in American politics."" / Twitter
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2022, 04:47 AM
    TrUmp was the one breaking the law, going outside the rule of law.
    The usual liberal dem response. They know he broke the law because...well, just because they hate him so much that he surely must have broken a law!!
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2022, 06:00 PM
    I agree with il duce Cuomo . He tweeted this morning ...
    DOJ must immediately explain the reason for its raid & it must be more than a search for inconsequential archives or it will be viewed as a political tactic and undermine any future credible investigation & legitimacy of January 6 investigations.

so far all we hear are crickets
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2022, 04:29 AM
    So FBI agents spent considerable amount of time going through Melania's wardrobe . What were they sniffing?

15 boxes were confiscated . Inside were documents and momentos from Trump's time as President including letters from the emperor and correspondence with other world leaders . All the items in the boxes were packed by the General Services Administration and shipped to Mar-A -Lago when he left office . These boxes had already been inspected by the FBI in June .
    Timeline: The Justice Department criminal inquiry into Trump tak - KAKE

The pretext for the raid is a phony alleged violation of the Presidential Records Act Such disputes are normally resolved by negotiation with the National Archives . Trump has already surrendered documents requested by the Archives.

So it is more than likely that the FBI was directed by the politicized Justice Dept to find a reason to search his home to do a fishing expedition for the kangaroo court.

Former Federal Prosecutor Andrew C McCarthy at NR describes how it is done :

There’s a game prosecutors play. Let’s say I suspect X committed an armed robbery, but I know X is dealing drugs. So, I write a search-warrant application laying out my overwhelming probable cause that X has been selling small amounts of cocaine from his apartment. I don’t say a word in the warrant about the robbery, but I don’t have to. If the court grants me the warrant for the comparatively minor crime of cocaine distribution, the agents are then authorized to search the whole apartment. If they find robbery tools, a mask, and a gun, the law allows them to seize those items. As long as agents are conducting a legitimate search, they are authorized to seize any obviously incriminating evidence they come across. Even though the warrant was ostensibly about drug offenses, the prosecutors can use the evidence seized to charge robbery.

FBI Mar-a-Lago Raid: Capitol Riot Real Reason | National Review

Unless he (Garland ) can make a convincing violent-crime case against Trump, though, an indictment based on extravagant theories of fraud or mishandling of classified documents will blow up on the Justice Department.

But that is all they have after months of hearings at the Kangaroo Court ;arrests and conviction of countless 'rioters ' (some who's only crime was entering the Capitol after the Capitol police opened the doors to let them in ,or even being on the Capitol grounds ); raids of homes ;seizures of records and cell phones of Trump cronies ; the truth is that they have nothing to prove that Trump was criminally involved in what occurred after his address on January 6.
    Once in with a court order from a friendly judge ,the FBI was free to seize whatever they wanted ;and to sniff Melania's underwear and shoes .
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2022, 05:29 AM
    So what was in Evita's emails and private server ? The FBI found 100 emails containing classified information, 65 marked “Secret,” 22 marked “Top Secret,” and over 2000 emails that would be retroactively marked classified. It is likely that her server was hacked and that many of those docs made it into the hands of foreigners .

Hillary Clinton’s Email Was Probably Hacked, Experts Say - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Comey in his infamous statement about it said that Evita and her operatives attempted and in many cases succeeded in destroying incriminating devices and files using hammers and Bleachbit. During his investigation Comey generously gave immunity to her cronies involved . And of course later he publicly stated she had committed crimes that he would not prosecute.
    She wasn't a criminal OH NO ! SHE WAS JUST CARELESS !!

But that is just the way the Justice Dept rolls . Eric Holder held in contempt of Congress without consequences . Peter Navarro held in contempt was led away in shackles .
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 06:38 AM
    May of last year I wrote

Letitia James based her campaign on the premise that she would prosecute Trump .She should be recused .

The Future of Donald Trump (askmehelpdesk.com)

The NY AG has gone ahead with a law suit against Trump for allegedly over valuing his properties for the purpose of getting loans and potential buyers .

Yesterday in deposition he repeatedly invokes his 5th amendment right to not answer questions . Evidently the only question he did answer was his name . He probably should've plead the 5th for that question too.

He had said in the past that anyone who pleads the 5th has to be guilty . That of course is far from reality . More on that later

Now let's say you and I go to the bank to get a loan . When asked to itemize assets I put down a house value of $1 million when in truth I would be lucky to get a third of that . When I listed my home for sale I of course started out with a high price . Eventually I sold for less than the initial listing Was I misrepresenting my property to prospective buyers . If I tried to take out a home equity loan bases on the value I put down would I get it ?

Does anyone really think the bank will not do due diligence before approving loans ? I don't care if it's Trump or Warren Buffet .Regulators would crucify loan officers if they went ahead and approved loans without financial statements ,and an appraisal not paid for by the applicant.

The accusation about Trump was already decided by Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg . He dropped any criminal case in this matter .

But as I noted above ; the whole premise of James' campaign was that she was going to get Trump.

So the question as to why he would plea the 5th to a hostile prosecutor makes more sense . He is under siege from multiple fronts .

The Kangaroo court is hell bent to ensure he never becomes President again.A judge has allowed the Kangaroo court access to his tax records (maybe they will pass them on to that brilliant economist All Out Crazy for her expert analysis )

The FBI RAIDED (yes it was a raid ) his home when he is not there . His lawyer on the scene was not permitted in the home during the raid . She was not permitted to examine the warrant . Evidently it was never produced ;and we still don't know what they were hoping to find . The Justice Dept has been mum only allowing for some strange leaks to the press . Reportedly the agents requested the Secret Service to turn off the security cameras during the raid. (they refused so now there is video of agents in Melania's closet)

Trump after his plea made a lengthy statement about his decision

He wrote
    I once asked, “If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?” Now I know the answer to that question. When your family, your company, and all the people in your orbit have become the targets of an unfounded, politically motivated Witch Hunt supported by lawyers, prosecutors, and the Fake News Media, you have no choice. If there was any question in my mind, the raid of my home, Mar-a-Lago, on Monday by the FBI, just two days prior to this deposition, wiped out any uncertainty. I have absolutely no choice because the current Administration and many prosecutors in this Country have lost all moral and ethical bounds of decency.

Statement By Donald Trump On Attorney General Letitia James (tampafp.com)

The 5th protected defendants from compelled admissions of guilt . He has the means to absorb the attacks against him . Others without the means ,like General Flynn who looked at the prospect of the Justice Dept going after his son ..... the prosecutors found other ways to extract a confession.

Something seems rotten in Flynn’s case — and maybe others, too | The Hill
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2022, 08:26 AM
    is lawyer on the scene was not permitted in the home during the raid . She was not permitted to examine the warrant .
    That strikes me as really foolish. It leaves open accusations by Trump that whatever is found was planted by a hostile DOJ.

Evidently it was never produced ;and we still don't know what they were hoping to find.
    It has been reported that they were after classified materials that Trump might have held. That is, as I understand it, commonly a problem with ex-presidents. This has all the appearance of an impending disaster. They seem to be terrified of a second Trump presidency giving him the chance to expose the corruption of D.C.
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2022, 11:26 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steroids [ 1 Answers ]

My partner injected 1ml of testosterone 1 week ago. He has decided not to do it again but if he was to just stop taking it would it interfere with his natural testosterone levels? Or would he have to decrease his intake?

QE on steroids [ 24 Answers ]

We have been told here that the problem with the pump priming exercise we have engaged in for some time now has not been as effective as it could be because we did not go all out . We are about to watch that theory come under test as the Bank of Japan embarks on a QE exercise that the Fed can...

Steroids [ 5 Answers ]

If I were to take one stack or bottle of steroids (Anadrol 50) to get the gains that it provides in lifting and body looks which usually takes 4 to 6 weeks I've read. Would I keep those gains when the bottle ran out and I stopped taking it? Just having trouble putting on weight and muscle... after...

Steroids use [ 1 Answers ]

How you doing listen Im going to be frank I don't like beating around the bush . I got a bottle of "test" "prop" I left it out of room temp . Not in the freezeing cold anyway tha oil based steriod got cloudy.. Can I still use an expect full potencey

View more questions Search