Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2022, 03:59 PM
    There is no question here. The two of you are simply trying to expound on the Greek...in the guise of a question.
    My ability to "expound" on the Greek is limited in the extreme. It's challenging enough to expound in the English.

Yes. It is pretty clear to me too. Posing a question
    Uhm...I didn't pose a question.

Sorry - We Don't come to a proper understanding of Scripture by way of intellect...we are ill-equipped...it can't be done. It comes through Power in Authority...that which, your, Greek does not possess!
    I wonder what this means. "Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Or this. "Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults." For that matter, I wonder why Jesus so frequently entered into debate if thinking is not important? Why did He have that long discussion with Nicodemus in John 3?

You are acting as though the the thought life and the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit are somehow at odds with each other. They are not.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Sep 20, 2022, 04:06 PM
    Uhm...I didn't pose a question.
    That's my point. Are you totally oblivious? How do you explain this?
    Wait. WHO is in charge??
    No longer a question
    I pretty well understand where DW is going with his comments
    But a comment?
    Gee, who would have known? Pretty straight forward there...no confusion here.

Sep 20, 2022, 04:12 PM
    Question
    Quote: DW - who is the actual authority?
    Answer - Has nothing to do with Authority...What's the confusion? Okay then, I need no further understanding.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2022, 06:17 PM
    First you said, "Yes. It is pretty clear to me too. Posing a question." When I replied that I had not asked a question, then you claimed, "That's my point."

I think you are confused. Perhaps you are intimidated by DW's level of education? At any rate, I have no idea what you are objecting to.

Sep 21, 2022, 07:35 AM
    DW's level of education?
    Yup. I am awestruck at his (now yours) profound insight. Asking such a "question" as this -
    who is the actual authority?
    Then declaring - "it has nothing to do with Authority!!!"

Also;
    "Who Touched Me?"
    "I enjoy taking these things and putting them in today's lingo that the kids talk"
    This explains a lot.

A person might come to this same conclusion while studying the Greek.
    "There's no really serious, theological point."
    Gaining Little to no understanding of what Jesus was talking about. There are some good reasons why a Pastor or layperson might take up Greek. Using it as if to "marshal the Scriptures," should not be one of them.

As far as:
    Luke 19:11 - [Jesus], came to receive for himself "Authority to be King" and then return...might hold the answer to whatever you're looking for.

Side note; There are many avenues of Approach when coming to Jesus. Who are you to say it is wrong? It is not what you know to be true. It has more to do with a person's own Experience with Truth.

You can say or believe - whatever you think or speak, as your truth. But you'd only be lying to yourself and others. Example: I know this to be true, I know this in my heart (intellect) of hearts to be total, 100% truth, it's who I am, it's who I've become! I believe it with all my being!!! GOD has said it, it's in the Bible! You'd be in Error. One needs to experience truth before it becomes the truth that 'lives' in you. Put yourself to the test.

Kinda like having a handicap placard. You could use it but you don't really need to use it. so You make a stand - I don't want to think of myself as a cripple...I will never use my handicap placard again. The next time you head to the store and you're in a rush, the parking lot is full...use your handicap placard...isn't a big deal, just this one time. - Set in your heart (don't park in the handicap) and believe it's a matter of life or death!

As soon as God reveals something to you, you immediately want to go and tell somebody...Everybody wants to know something, right? It might be better to just keep it to yourself.

As soon as you start telling others, they will immediately start to tear you down - NO, that's not the way it is! It might be better to keep it to yourself, as if Jesus was telling you a secret and wanted you to keep it a secret. Then one day you might experience it for real and even develop a new understanding (for others), through testimony.

Truth (Holy Spirit) will become the real deal within you...coming with Power and Authority!

Carry on. I'll let you get back to your Greek lesson.
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2022, 08:28 AM
    Yup. I am awestruck at his (now yours) profound insight. Asking such a "question" as this

I didn't ask that question. That was DW's.

Then declaring - it has nothing to do with Authority!!!
    I didn't "declare" that either.

As to the rest, I have no idea of what you are so upset about.

It is not what you know to be true. It has more to do with a person's own Experience with Truth.
    Truth is not determined by experience. For the Christian, truth is determined by the Bible.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2022, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Yup. I am awestruck at his (now yours) profound insight. Asking such a "question" as this - Then declaring - "it has nothing to do with Authority!!!"

There are many avenues of Approach when coming to Jesus. Who are you to say it is wrong? It is not what you know to be true. It has more to do with a person's own Experience...
    Waltero, I actually understand you! You're a mystic. The literalists here will never understand you. They dwell on the surface, never in the depths.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Sep 22, 2022, 12:04 PM
    Question
    Quote: DW - who is the actual authority?
    Answer - Has nothing to do with Authority...What's the confusion? Okay then, I need no further understanding.
    Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    Satan said "I have been given authority" but it's not about authority. I don't understand, but then, you give very little to understand.

I don't think in "the greek." Greek is not where it's at. You have proven my understanding of where the two of you are at.
    I'm not sure why you think you get to define "the greek" as if it's some foreign, arcane or mythical concept. It is the language the New Testament was written in. How you consistently fail to grasp that is beyond me, but from now on, let me be clear about something:

When I ask a question, I'm asking anybody except you. So please stay out of my threads.

Is that clear enough for you? Or do I need to say it in Greek?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2022, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    do I need to say it in Greek?

Ha ha - lol. Good one!

For Waltero, from him.

“There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part.”

and

"There are many mansions in my father's house".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I charge my phone before I use it or use it until the battery dies then charge it [ 6 Answers ]

I have aslways had an issue with my new phones, the battery life s always so much less compared to the specification set out by the manufacture. So I need to know, "do i charge my phone before i use it or use it untill the battery dies then charge it"?

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square ft to paint a house exterior. [ 1 Answers ]

Should I charge a fix rate or charge by the square foot to paint the exterior of a home around 2000 square feet?

Mom won't let me date. I need to wait until college? Should I ask HIM to wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Sooo. My mom won't let me date. Period. Its for religious perposes but I don't feel the same way she does. I always find a guy I like and then she ruins it. I had a pretty serious relationship last year. We hid it from my mom for over a year but complications with distance and my mom ultimately...

To wait or not to wait, *confused* [ 15 Answers ]

Greetings. I hope to get some feedback and advice on the following situation. I met this girl through my room mate's brother over the summer. This girl was his rebound after he's GF left him. As the summer progressed, my room mate's brother got back with his ex after she wanting him back. ...

View more questions Search