Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2022, 04:32 AM
    Trade proposal
    WNBA anti-American basketball player Brittany Griner; and a Brit /American/Candian/Irish national "security expert ", Paul Whelan, in exchange for Russian terrorist "Merchant of Death" weapons trafficker Viktor Bout

Bout was convicted of attempting to sell $ millions of missiles to shoot down American aircraft in 2013 . He is a high value asset for the Russians ..After his arrest US Att ,Preet Bharara called him "international arms trafficking enemy number one for many years, arming some of the most violent conflicts around the globe" He was nabbed by the DEA in a sting where they posed as members of FARC; the Colombian terrorist group .

Griner travelled to Russia with hashish oil while on tour .

Whelan received a bad conduct discharge from the Marines. He was court marshalled for various counts of larceny while in Iraq.

He was in Moscow with a wedding party .But he separated from the party long enough to receive a USB drive from Ilya Yatsenko ;a major in the FSB containing a list of security personnel at a Russian classified security agency .This may or may not have been a sting operation by the Russians .

So is this a fair exchange ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2022, 04:50 AM
    I have very little sympathy for Griner. She was an anti-American whiner for much of her pro career. Let her sit over there a year or two until she can appreciate what we have here. Or at least appreciate it for however much longer we will have it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2022, 01:30 PM
    The deal was made Griner for Bout straight up Whelan I guess can rot .

Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2022, 03:07 PM
    Whelan is an American hero Why would Clueless care ? Maybe Putin is saving him for when Putin needs safe transport to the Central African Republic.

Question ...... Will Griner now stand and respect the flag when the Anthem is played ?

Clearly the Russians wanted the weapon merchant back to make weapons deals for their war with Ukraine . Was this the best deal that Clueless could make ?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2022, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Whelan is an American hero Why would Clueless care ?

Question ...... Will Griner now stand and respect the flag when the Anthem is played ?

Clearly the Russians wanted the weapon merchant back to make weapons deals for their war with Ukraine . Was this the best deal that Clueless could make ?
    This is beneath you, tomder.
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2022, 02:12 PM
    My view is we don't negotiate for hostages . But that ship sailed a long time ago. I liken this trade to the emperor trading high ranking Taliban leaders for Bowe Bergdahl's release .. Maybe not quite as bad. Bergdahl was an outright traitor . Griner just hates the country .

Before the season Griner said “I’m not going to be out there for the National Anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that’s fine. It will be all season long, I’ll not be out there,”

So I ask again
    Will Griner now stand and respect the flag when the Anthem is played ?
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2022, 03:35 PM
    Griner just hates the country .
    Not true, Tom. In the midst of the furor, she stated "I love my country. My (relatives) served in Vietnam and were police officers. I wanted to join the police when I was a child".

Before the season Griner said “I’m not going to be out there for the National Anthem. If the league continues to want to play it, that’s fine. It will be all season long, I’ll not be out there,”
    Very misleading, tomder. Why don't you give the whole story, instead of cherry-picking to mislead? Her position, frequently stated but not always reported (as here), is that she is protesting against police brutality.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 04:34 PM
    A black American is extraordinarily unlikely to be killed by the police. It is far, far more likely that they will be killed by another black American. When do those protests start?
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2022, 05:37 PM
    She, like the rest of us ,is privileged to be an American. Maybe now she will appreciate it . Many American are rotting in foreign prisons on drug charges including Marc Fogel who is being held in Russia for having a small qty of medical marijuana . Bet you never even heard about him.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 05:41 PM
    Where is Mark Frerichs now?
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2022, 06:17 PM
    He was released by the Haqqani Taliban in September in a prisoner swap . In exchange the US released Taliban Haji Bashir Noorzai who was in US prisons for 17 years .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 06:45 PM
    He was released by the Haqqani Taliban in September in a prisoner swap . In exchange the US released Taliban Haji Bashir Noorzai who was in US prisons for 17 years .
    Yes, I know all that. I asked, Where is he now?
    Ultra Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:20 PM
    She, like the rest of us ,is privileged to be an American. Maybe now she will appreciate it .
    She appreciates being an American far more than you, Tom. She has the courage to publicly protest against police brutality. Those who deny police brutality by sticking their heads in the sand are doing no service to their country.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:23 PM
    In the midst of the furor, she stated "I love my country. My (relatives) served in Vietnam and were police officers. I wanted to join the police when I was a child".
    I wonder if, in the "midst of the furor", she was motivated to possibly stretch the truth? Did she say anything of that sort PRIOR to the "furor"?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 07:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I wonder if, in the "midst of the furor", she was motivated to possibly stretch the truth? Did she say anything of that sort PRIOR to the "furor"?
    Is there ANYONE whom you like, think highly of, possibly enjoy listening to and reading about? Trump? Oh, of course!
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 07:46 PM
    Trump? No. Thomas Sowell, Stephen C. Myer, Allistair Begg, Richard E. Simmons III, C.H. Spurgeon. Those come to mind. There are a number of others who don't despise our country as Briner seems to.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 9, 2022, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    despise our country as Briner seems to.
    Again, you cherry-pick.
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2022, 09:07 PM
    Uhm...she is the topic of the thread. Please keep up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flynn wants a trade... Are prosecutors gonna trade UP or down? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: If I was a prosecutor, and a suspect said he wanted to trade what he knew for immunity, I wouldn't trade for some underling.. I'd only trade for a higher up.. Uhhh.. Who's higher up than the national security advisor?? So, my question isn't WHEN Trump will be convicted.. It's...

In 2014 year, what is the correct way to treat the trade debtor / trade creditors? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a trade debtor/trade creditor question. In 2013, my client has trade debtor of $50,000 and trade creditor of $100,000. When we do 2013 tax return, we claimed these income and expenses (even though they were not paid or received). In 2014, my client still has trade debtor of...

How to record new vehicle trade-in where trade-in value & cost of new vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2010 Chevy Silverado vehicle that we received $21,000 for on trade-in for a 2012 Chevy Silverado vehicle that was purchased for $17,000, and we received $4,000 back in cash on the purchase of the new vehicle. The 2010 vehicle was Sec. 179'd at a cost of $33,000 back in 2010 using the tax...

Proposal [ 26 Answers ]

Hey Stringer, Thus far I've been taking your advice and it's been working quite well. Maybe you can help me out with this one. I'm creating a proposal for the common areas of an apt bldng complex and I was just wondering what the profit margin is on this type of job. Thanks.

Proposal- how can I be sure [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and we are still very much in love, I am ready to get engaged and I think he is too- we are saving up for a ring togeather but he doent seem to be putting much into it, he's defently not a eager as me. I told him if he's not ready that's fine,but tell me...

View more questions Search