Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 05:39 PM
    You just want to rant and even scream. I have better things to do.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 06:15 PM
    Oh please. No one here is ranting and screaming. At any rate, good night. If you ever come up with any support for your fetal brain development idea, be sure to post it.
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 08:17 PM
    It's late and I'm not tired, so I decided to look up the material. This is what a pro-trans site says. Note the many uncertain modifiers I highlighted. It's obvious that no one really knows.

There are medical theories about why people are transgender. Some speculate that fluctuations or imbalances in hormones or the use of certain medications during pregnancy may cause intersex or transgender conditions. Other research indicates that there are links between transgender identity and brain structure.
    NCTE_UnderstandingTrans.pdf (transequality.org)

It certainly lends no meaningful support to the hormones and the fetal brain idea.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 27, 2022, 08:32 PM
    Excerpt:

"The precise cause of gender transition is unknown. However current research into gender identity and sexual orientation point towards processes before birth as being responsible.

A person's biological sex is determined during the conception process when an ovum is fertilized by one very lucky spermatozoon, and a zygote is produced normally with either an XY sex chromosome pair for a male, or XX pair for a female.

The bodies of all embryos start off as female."
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2022, 08:48 PM
    "The precise cause of gender transition is unknown. However current research into gender identity and sexual orientation point towards processes before birth as being responsible.
    I assume you did read the first sentence here. If you are familiar with reading scientific literature, you know that expressions such as "point towards", or even the "However" at the front of the sentence, indicate that which is theory and far from proven fact.

From another site. Especially note the final sentence. The point in all of this, of course, is that your idea about hormones affecting the fetal brain is just that...an idea. You are welcome to it, but you cannot definitively state that it is the cause. That is my disagreement with you. It MIGHT be a factor. That's as far as you can go.

It was traditionally thought to be a psychiatric condition meaning a mental ailment. Now there is evidence that the disease may not have origins in the brain alone.
    Studies suggest that gender dysphoria may have biological causes associated with the development of gender identity before birth.
    More research is needed before the causes of gender dysphoria can be fully understood.
    Causes of Gender Dysphoria (news-medical.net)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having a conversation [ 23 Answers ]

I don't know how to talk to my friends anymore after not speaking to them for a long time I just don't know how to. It's easy with my little sister she talks all the time. I find it hard to have a conversation with anyone even mum if people ask me a question sometimes I can answer but I feel very...

Conversation help? [ 24 Answers ]

Me and this love talking to each other on the phone, and hanging out. But we always find ourselves running out of things to talk about after the first five minutes. We end up being like "yeah" and "wow" and we just run out of things to say. We can have the best conversation, but somehow after that...

The conversation [ 37 Answers ]

Hello: We've got TWO different things going on... We've got REALITY, and we've got the CONVERSATION about reality... They are NOT the same thing. In my view, the right wing won the conversation hands down. They're not good at governing, but they ARE good at coming up with good sound...

A weird conversation with my dad. [ 6 Answers ]

This is really strange, I know... I just got off the phone with my dad who is traveling with my mom from VA to NY leaving today, getting back on Columbus Day. He just called to tell me they were leaving, and then said the weirdest thing... he said "I've already told your brother and sister this,...

What does our conversation mean? [ 1 Answers ]

My ex and I dated for 5 years and I broke up with him 3 years ago because I was insecure. We went a year without speaking and over two years without seeing each other. Since then I have seen him a few times (lunch, hang out) usually his idea. Last week he called and asked if I wanted to go to...

View more questions Search