Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2022, 03:24 AM
    Pulitzer Prize Board seeks to award itself the prize for fiction of the year
    Here is the amazing statement released by the board .....

The Pulitzer Prize Board has an established, formal process by which complaints against winning entries are carefully reviewed. In the last three years, the Pulitzer Board has received inquiries, including from former President Donald Trump, about submissions from The New York Times and The Washington Post on Russian interference in the U.S. election and its connections to the Trump campaign--submissions that jointly won the 2018 National Reporting prize.
    These inquiries prompted the Pulitzer Board to commission two independent reviews of the work submitted by those organizations to our National Reporting competition. Both reviews were conducted by individuals with no connection to the institutions whose work was under examination, nor any connection to each other. The separate reviews converged in their conclusions: that no passages or headlines, contentions or assertions in any of the winning submissions were discredited by facts that emerged subsequent to the conferral of the prizes.
    The 2018 Pulitzer Prizes in National Reporting stand.

A Statement from the Pulitzer Prize Board - The Pulitzer Prizes

A brief review of the facts . 6 years ago the Evita campaign was in trouble because the FBI was investigating Emails that had been leaked from the DNC and Clintoon crime family private email server . Evita was using that server to conduct State Dept business while also conduction the crime family foundation business.
    She needed a diversion.
    So her operatives concocted a fairytale that her opponent Donald Trump was a Manchurian Candidate under the control of Putin . It was an elaborate hoax . Her operatives created fictious dossiers and fantasies that was fed to the law enforcement and intel agencies of the government . To support her deception she then fed stories to the compliant press saying those agencies were investigating the Trump campaign . Then the story went back to the investigating agencies that there was independent confirmation by the compliant press .

Two of the compliant press actors received Pulitzer Prizes for their reporting; which further lent credibility to the fiction.

Fast forward to the Durham investigation into this Russia Hoax. Next up is the trial of Igor Danchenko, a Russian national who worked for the Democratic "independent " think tank the Brookings Institute for long time Democrat activist Fiona Hill (you remember her from the Trump Ukraine impeachment hoax). Hill introduced him to Christopher Steele. Igor became Steele's primary source for the fiction called the Steele Dossier.

The NY Slimes and the Washington Compost were the 2 publications who's reporters received awards from Pulitzer for their reporting of the Russia Hoax.

But now the Durham investigation is finally exposing the fact that there was no truth in what was being reported. He has witness testimony and documents to support his case.

That leaves the Slimes and the Compost in a position where they have to retract to try to salvage some of their credibility.

The Slimes leaves the mea culpas to columnist Bret Stephens.

Opinion | Bret Stephens: I Was Wrong About Trump Voters - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Of course the headline suggests he regrets about misunderstanding and dismissing Trump supporters; and much of the op-ed is an apology for that. Digging deeper into the apology he regrets that he attacked Trump supporters for believing that Russia hoax was fake. He says now that maybe he should not have believed it. He says in the piece that "the Steele dossier and all the bogus allegations, credulously parroted in the mainstream media, that flowed from it "was an "elaborate hoax" .... "there’s just no other word for it".

This is not a complete apology by the Slimes .... yet. They are just dipping their toes into the water.

November The Compost used their media editor Paul Fargi to make their sorta correction

The Washington Post corrects, removes parts of two stories regarding the Steele dossier - The Washington Post

Farhi wrote "Danchenko may have gotten his information about the hotel encounter not from Millian but from a Democratic Party operative with long-standing ties to Hillary Clinton" .

Again, just dipping their toes in.

With the 2 major papers printing retractions it is unbelievable that the Pulitzer Board could conclude that their giving awards for the shoddy reporting is justified.

Check out some similar questions!

Prediction ;Evita wins the next Pulitzer Prize for fiction or stranger than fiction. [ 4 Answers ]

Fiction would be just about everything she has ever written. But in this case, she actually attempted to write a fiction based on her perspective of what is fact. Her book (co-authored Louise Penny),'State of Terror', describes the hero Sec State navigating a terrorist plot, nuclear weapons, and a...

Tax treaty / prize [ 1 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and I received an academic prize in Italy, which was taxed at a rate of 25%. No official documents where provided to me. How do I file this in my 1040 and how do I get credit for the tax that I already paid in Italy? (I know there is a tax treaty between the US and Italy)

Pulitzer Prize Questions [ 3 Answers ]

Just some questions: What is the minimum age requirement for someone who wants to enter a piece of writing for the prize? What are some personal opinions on a young writer entering? Does the entry need to be a certain length? Does it need to be published? Help if you can.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.