Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2022, 08:14 AM
    How Dems See Justice
    A man attacked Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Lee Zeldin with a weapon yesterday. He wasn't able to do much harm because several good Samaritans tackled him and took the knife-like weapon away from him. You might would think that would be a pretty serious crime, but evidently not. As Zeldin described it on Twitter, "His words as he tried to stab me a few hours ago were “you’re done”, but several attendees, including (Allison Esposito), quickly jumped into action & tackled the guy. Law enforcement was on the scene within minutes. The attacker will likely be instantly released under NY’s laws."

The attacker was indeed released the same day. Incredible.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2022, 03:59 PM
    He would not have been released if his target was Kathy Hochul
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2022, 04:09 PM
    Prior to the attach Hochel published Zeldin's campaign agenda with the dates and times of campaign events. One could call that incitement. .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 22, 2022, 04:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Prior to the attach Hochel published Zeldin's campaign agenda with the dates and times of campaign events. One could call that incitement. .
    Oh my!!! How "inciteful" you are! No politician has ever done that before -- published their agenda!!! The attacker would have walked had Kathy Hochul been his target.

I lived in that area for almost 15 years. New York now has a cashless bail law. Attempted assault is a felony in New York, but criminal justice reform legislation passed in 2019 bars judges from setting bail because the charge is "nonviolent." (His words during the attack sound like he was testing something from the oven.) The unemployed attacker, who was having major emotional and psychological problems, is an Iraq war vet and was drunk. He was arraigned in Perinton Town Court in Monroe County and released on his own recognizance.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2022, 04:26 AM
    nonviolent ? If Zeldin had not grabbed the attacker's wrist he would've been stabbed in the throat or neck . The guy attacked a Congressional Rep and he was released ? Come on ! You can't believe that is good justice .

Hundreds of Jan 6 rioters who did not attack Reps and only took selfies are still detained unconstitutionally . Yet here we have a case where only the swift reaction of the Congressman and his team prevented tragedy .

"Your done " as in he was going to stick a fork in him ?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 04:54 AM
    It's OK as long as the attacker, "was having major emotional and psychological problems," was drunk, and most importantly, was attacking a republican. So it all goes down like this. Attack a major political figure with intent to do bodily harm or worse, get taken down by spectators, get arrested and taken to jail, get processed in a few hours, and then get released on your own recognizance (meaning you really, really promise to behave yourself and show up for court) so you can then go out and attack someone else. Just bear in mind that if a person is engaged in truly serious criminal activity such as protesting in front of an abortion clinic, then the rules become much stricter.

I am SO glad I don't live in a goof-ball state like New York.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 05:05 AM
    Hundreds of Jan 6 rioters who did not attack Reps and only took selfies are still detained unconstitutionally .
    That was different. They did not attack repubs; they WERE repubs, and even worse were Trump supporters. Tom, you must learn the nuances of the current political environment.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 05:40 AM
    Oh my!!! How "inciteful" you are! No politician has ever done that before -- published their agenda!!!
    Uhm...perhaps you missed the point? She didn't post her own agenda; she posted her opponent's agenda. Why do you suppose she would have done that? "Hey, everybody! Go out and listen to the republican guy. Vote for him!"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 07:01 AM
    No, stab that opponent with a fork to see if he/she is done.

She had sent out email about his agenda, not "posted" or "published" it. The email, which was a spoof to an original email sent by the Zeldin campaign about the upcoming events, was only sent to members of the press, according to a Hochul campaign source.

Plus, the attacker was on people's mental watch list. His wife had died, his kids had been taken away by his brother, and he was still dealing with mental fallout from the Iraq War. Inebriation was his bandage.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 07:24 AM
    Plus, the attacker was on people's mental watch list. His wife had died, his kids had been taken away by his brother, and he was still dealing with mental fallout from the Iraq War. Inebriation was his bandage.
    Yeah. He's just the kind of guy that you can be assured will show up for his trial and not hurt anyone while he's out on his "own recognizance". It's just incredible. That's all I know to say.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 07:29 AM
    I agree. He should have been detained and gotten a mental health examination (his life is a mess) -- plus jail time for his offense.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 07:50 AM
    So once again it's one of those seemingly rare moments when we agree.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 09:19 AM
    Scary, isn't it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2022, 10:17 AM
    I am SO glad I don't live in a goof-ball state like New York.
    This is what I did about it .

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 11:38 AM
    It's a wonderful, beautiful state -- Letchworth State Park (Grand Canyon of the East), the Hudson River Valley, the Catskills and Adirondacks, Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls (the Maid of the Mist!!!), Seabreeze Amusement Park in Rochester, the Finger Lakes, and so much more!

Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2022, 12:59 PM
    I of course spent many days exploring the natural beauty of the state . I spent my childhood on Long Island and much of my adult life in the Hudson Valley .That does not negate the fact that the state is still controlled by the Tammany Hall crime organization called the NY Democrats . But at least the Dems in my youth understood that law and order made for a civil society . Instead of posting picturesque photos of places MOST NYers don't go to maybe you should show pictures of the decerped unlivable areas of Rochester,Newburg ,Buffalo ,Albany ,Syracuse

and NYC .

Here is what should be a preserved historical monument .... the Erie Canal

Major crime skyrockets 37% in NYC, NYPD data shows (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 01:31 PM
    So you are saying that just releasing criminals willy-nilly could lead to an increase in crime? Velllyyy interesting.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 01:48 PM
    I lived NW of Rochester and crossed the Erie Canal twice a day when I went to and from the town where my high school was. I stupidly surrendered the NYS Regents scholarship I had earned, and should have gone to a state university, full ride. Back in the '50s and '60s, most western NYers were state travelers and had visited most state landmarks, attractions, and natural wonders. And yes, the state population has soared and changed since those decades.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2022, 02:04 PM
    It's not the population that is the problem. It is the idiotic and insane policies of the liberal dem government.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 23, 2022, 02:19 PM
    Republicans won't fix it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dems try to cancel their ballot opponents . [ 35 Answers ]

A group of North Carolina voters urged state officials Monday to disqualify U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn as a congressional candidate, citing his participation in a rally last January in Washington that questioned the presidential election outcome and preceded the Capitol riot......The voters contend...

The Dems love the Constitution ........ except . [ 1 Answers ]

Robert Reich had an interesting tweet this month . He goes on a rant with the headline ... The Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Electoral College are enabling Republicans to subvert the will of the people for generations to come The Dems are in a tizzy because 2 of their Senators are...

The Dems still suffer from TDS [ 25 Answers ]

Mueller submitted a report that he assumed the Dems could use as a weapon in their efforts to remove re impeachment(s) of former President Trump. Barr received the report and submitted a summary . The Dems did not accept the summary as legit . So Barr released the WHOLE Mueller report save for some...

Dems, Obama to nationalize 401(k) Plans? [ 9 Answers ]

The Dems in congress are considering nationalizing 401(k) plans: Yes, the Democrats are here to help you. Do you want the same guys that offered us "affordable housing" managing your (formerly) voluntary private retirement savings?

The Dems have a loaded gun and they know how to shoot themselves in the foot with it [ 7 Answers ]

Democrats want 'John Doe' provision cut - Nation/Politics - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

View more questions Search