Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2022, 04:14 AM
    I stupidly surrendered the NYS Regents scholarship I had earned, and should have gone to a state university, full ride
    Yes you should have . Back then entry into a NY State school was very competitive . I had decent grades but to go the any of the state colleges required A averages (especially Stonybrook U ) . That is part of the reason I went to college in Kansas (plus I felt I needed a real change of scenery )
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2022, 04:47 AM
    Republicans won't fix it.
    Not in NY . the NY Repub organization is the lamest in the nation. It has been for years . Lee Zeldin doesn't stand a chance . His district is in the eastern most part of Long Island ;a region almost completely disconnected from the rest of the state (I know . I spent my childhood there ) .I always thought Long Island should secede from the rest of the state .Later I thought every part of the state west of the Hudson River should also secede .

My college paper was a statistical analysis of NY State legislature voting patterns . My conclusion in the early 1970s was that the state composed 3 separate regions as removed by attitude as by geography . Individually Long Island ,the NYC megalopolis ,and the upstate region could easily be 3 different states . Collectively NYC and various libtard bastions like the Cornell U area dominate . Hochul is from the Buffalo /Niagara region . But that region is polluted with failed Democrat governance and can't seem to break away from the Tammany Hall plantation .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2022, 05:38 AM
    On the same day that Steve Bannon is convicted of two basically meaningless misdemeanors involving contempt of Congress (Is there another institution more deserving of contempt?), David Jakubonis was released with no bail for his attack with a deadly weapon on a U.S. Congressman. Is this a looney system of justice or what? I'm no big fan of Trump or Bannon, but I have to admire his courage. No kangaroo court like this one should ever have the authority to issue subpoenas.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2022, 07:47 AM
    Brennan, and Clapper lied to Congress .They have never been charged or prosecuted.

Exclusive: CIA Ex-Director Brennan's Perjury Peril | RealClearInvestigations

The Clapper “Lie,” and the Senate Intelligence Committee – Federation Of American Scientists (fas.org)

But Bannon and Michael Cohen lied to Congress and got charged . The difference ?

Both Cohen and Bannon were in the Trump camp.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2022, 12:17 PM
    Did Bannon lie to Congress or did he simply defy their subpoena?
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2022, 01:09 PM
    you are right . Eric Holder was found in contempt of Congress Bubba's Justice Dept did not seek an indictment . Lois Lerner was found in contempt and was not charged .
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2022, 05:46 PM
    Right on cue, a NY teen violently attacks an NYPD officer because he didn't want to have to pay the fare. The teen was booked and, of course, released the same day. Thank goodness for those liberal dem politicians.

Teens accused of attacking NYPD officers at Manhattan station - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2022, 06:35 PM
    not only that ,the teen was busted earlier in the week for robbery and was also released .

Maybe Eric Adams is beginning to get it . He called for a roll back on the catch and release policies. He is also admitting that public services in the city are strained due to illegal aliens .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dems try to cancel their ballot opponents . [ 35 Answers ]

A group of North Carolina voters urged state officials Monday to disqualify U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn as a congressional candidate, citing his participation in a rally last January in Washington that questioned the presidential election outcome and preceded the Capitol riot......The voters contend...

The Dems love the Constitution ........ except . [ 1 Answers ]

Robert Reich had an interesting tweet this month . He goes on a rant with the headline ... The Senate, the Supreme Court, and the Electoral College are enabling Republicans to subvert the will of the people for generations to come The Dems are in a tizzy because 2 of their Senators are...

The Dems still suffer from TDS [ 25 Answers ]

Mueller submitted a report that he assumed the Dems could use as a weapon in their efforts to remove re impeachment(s) of former President Trump. Barr received the report and submitted a summary . The Dems did not accept the summary as legit . So Barr released the WHOLE Mueller report save for some...

Dems, Obama to nationalize 401(k) Plans? [ 9 Answers ]

The Dems in congress are considering nationalizing 401(k) plans: Yes, the Democrats are here to help you. Do you want the same guys that offered us "affordable housing" managing your (formerly) voluntary private retirement savings?

The Dems have a loaded gun and they know how to shoot themselves in the foot with it [ 7 Answers ]

Democrats want 'John Doe' provision cut - Nation/Politics - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

View more questions Search