Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PoetAdams Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2022, 10:10 PM
    What is a tempering valve?
    I got a new hot water heater unit, and the guys in the store said we have to install a tempering valve for our new water heater. What is the purpose of the tempering valve and how does this work?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2022, 08:56 AM
    A tempering valve allows some cold water to mix with the hot water to prevent the hot water from potentially scalding. Is this for a residence or a business? My understanding is that residences don’t typically use them since you can simply turn the water temp down to a safe level.

Might want to check with local code. They are required in some places.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking hot water heater drain valve after new brass valve installed [ 2 Answers ]

I had a leaking (plastic) drain valve on my GE hot water heater. It was leaking from the inside of the valve. The small rubber washer was crimped. I installed a new brass drain valve that I purchased from home depot using teflon tape. The valve now leaks from the threads of the tank/valve. I...

I have a early 90's Kohler shower valve and rounded out the cold stem valve seat. [ 2 Answers ]

Should I drill then retap the threads? Thanks!

I'd like to install a ball valve on main water line will a "Viperlok" valve work? [ 1 Answers ]

I know sweat soldering a ball valve is best, but will a "push-ft" compression "Viperlok" brand ball valve work?---My pipes are old copper, and have a few minor scratches and pits---I also noticed a seam running down one side of pipe. This water line runs out into garden, but valve is in the house....

What is a tempering valve [ 2 Answers ]

What is a tempering valve

Leaking tempering valve [ 0 Answers ]

Cold water leaking from hot water cylinder overflow pipe

View more questions Search