Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyGrelka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2022, 11:33 PM
    Help finding an old book
    I remember reading a book back when I was younger, sometime in the 80s or mid 90s, I don't remember much about it except that it had something to do with when the Greek Gods and Goddesses lost too followers they started to lose their power and I believe some of them started to fade away, the more powerful Gods and Goddess where able to become human. I don't remember if they where born to human parents or if they just become very young and are adopted. If I remember right they don't remember they are Gods or Goddesses until later in life. I know its not a lot to go on, but being it was around 25-30 years ago I just can't remember more. I remember enjoying it and was hoping to find it to give to my niece to read, and read myself for nostalgia reasons.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2022, 07:25 AM
    Was it Gods Behaving Badly by Marie Phillips?

Amazon plot summary:

Being a Greek god is not all it once was. Yes, the twelve gods of Olympus are alive and well in the twenty-first century, but they are crammed together in a London townhouse -- and none too happy about it. And they've had to get day jobs: Artemis as a dog-walker, Apollo as a TV psychic, Aphrodite as a phone sex operator, Dionysus as a DJ.

Even more disturbingly, their powers are waning, and even turning mortals into trees -- a favorite pastime of Apollo's -- is sapping their vital reserves of strength.

Soon, what begins as a minor squabble between Aphrodite and Apollo escalates into an epic battle of wills. Two perplexed humans, Alice and Neil, who are caught in the crossfire, must fear not only for their own lives, but for the survival of humankind. Nothing less than a true act of heroism is needed -- but can these two decidedly ordinary people replicate the feats of the mythical heroes and save the world?
    LadyGrelka Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2022, 01:50 AM
    It looks interesting but that is not the one I am thinking of. One thing more I remember is the main character, a young woman in her late teens I believe or maybe very early 20s, goes on vacation I believe it is to Greece and its there that events start happening and she starts to remember bits a peaces. Also this was a book written for teens and it came out some time in the 90s or late 80s. I thought the author was Christopher Pike but I have been looking through his books and have granted found a bunch I fondly remember but so far not the one I am looking for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help finding a book. [ 0 Answers ]

Children's book. Main character's name is AVA(or someone in the book). I have looked into flowers in the attic and I don't think it is those books. She has a mean grandmother who washes her with a scouring pad if she wets the bed and puts her in hot water. Gives her enemas and a lot of crazy...

I need help finding the name of a book. [ 1 Answers ]

I' trying to find the name of an 80's (?) romance novel. It is about a newly married couple who buy a white elephant of a house and begin remodelling it. He has kids from a previous marriage that make his new wife's life miserable even though she does her best to make them feel welcome. They go...

Need help finding the right book? [ 0 Answers ]

OK I'm a 16 y/o guy and I want to find a book with things such as travel, a roadtrip, friends, love, family, finding yourself and the meaning of life So hopefully you have read sum books like this and you can help

I need help finding a book [ 1 Answers ]

I read this book when I was younger but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. It was about these kids that live in the ghetto. The ghetto was this created by the government and rejects, criminals, and the poor were confined there. Well these kids, and guy and a girl I think, are...

View more questions Search