Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 10:59 AM
    The checkpoints are on American soil, usually in civilized areas. Actually, I originally misspoke and should have said "border stations", not checkpoints. Each has its own function.

We need more border stations along the southern border with good communication between stations plus drones flying back and forth to record and report human activity.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 11:43 AM
    Well, they are using drones, men on horseback, and men in jeeps, and communication is, I feel certain, very good. So other than recording and reporting human activity, what should these people do? In other words, once the recording and reporting has taken place, then what, especially bearing in mind that illegals are pouring across the border at a rate of several thousand every single day?
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 12:45 PM
    You would be, I think, much better served to simply be honest and say that you really don't care if they come across or not, illegal or otherwise. It is simply not an issue with liberal dems.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 12:45 PM
    check points are not relevant . As has been mentioned ;the illegals are not looking for check points to cross . The illegals are looking to avoid them. What they should have before approaching the border is proper visas that say they are permitted to cross the border .

Border stations is semantics for border check points . They are at points of entry to inspect travelers and goods to prevent unauthorized goods and people from entering the country .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 01:24 PM
    The checkpoints are on the U.S. side, so immigrants who stop at them are already in this country and are responsibly seeking the legal way to become citizens. There are also border stations that are *cough* on the border.

Again, paraphrasing Wikipedia: Checkpoints are located between 25 and 75 miles [north] of the Mexico–United States border along major U.S. highways. Their interior locations allow them to deter illegal activities that may have bypassed official border crossings along the frontier.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 01:55 PM
    deport them if they don't have visas .... that is my position .

These turds are not seeking legal ways to enter the country

In the case of the dregs that were sent to Martha's Vinyards ;they are Venezuelan. The commie dictator there is emptying the jails and sending their worse on these caravans . This is very similar to the 1980s Castro ploy of sending Mariolita criminals and mental patients to the US .

When they landed ;they were detained until they could be sorted out . But we had completely different set of rules for Cubans .

There is no reason to not deport these Venezuelan criminal thugs immediately . These riff raff are under no restraint by the Clueless regime . His VEEP and press secretary say the border is secure . So Clueless instead allows DHS to extend Temporary Protected Status to these criminals
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 02:13 PM
    I sponsor a child in Colombia and know that Venezuela is having an ongoing socioeconomic and political crisis.
    An immigration lawyer says the almost 50 migrants who were flown in to Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, on Wednesday under a program sponsored by Florida Governor DeSantis can be considered victims of kidnapping.

Rachel Self, who has an immigration law firm in Boston, Massachusetts, said accounts from the migrants "make it clear that they were lied to again and again and fraudulently induced to board the planes. Most of the migrants, including children, have fled from crisis-torn Venezuela."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrants-flown-to-marthas-vineyard-were-kidnapped-e2- 80-94immigration-attorney/ar-AA11TH4s
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 02:20 PM
    A letter to the editor in this morning's Chicago Tribune --

Immigrants used as fodder

What a sad commentary on the state of our political and social ethics that the governors of Florida, Texas and Arizona feel empowered to literally deposit hundreds of traumatized fellow human beings on the doorsteps of communities in other jurisdictions with apparently no warning or provision for their care in place.

Without a doubt, the issue of the orderly regulation of migration into our country by people whose only desire is to live in a free society with prospects of bettering their lives is an important one. It is not solved, however, by the “gotcha” mentality exhibited by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott or Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Using travel-weary, confused and easily manipulated men, women and children as human fodder to make a political statement is beyond despicable.

It was not long ago that significant immigration reform was on the congressional agenda with bipartisan support. Those days are now a distant memory.

Perhaps this latest display of mean spirit will lead some of our leaders back to considering real solutions and eschewing such sophomoric stunts.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 02:40 PM
    Once again, the great unanswered question.
    Well, they are using drones, men on horseback, and men in jeeps, and communication is, I feel certain, very good. So other than recording and reporting human activity, what should these people do? In other words, once the recording and reporting has taken place, then what, especially bearing in mind that illegals are pouring across the border at a rate of several thousand every single day?
    I just don't get your point about checkpoints. Are you saying that more checkpoints would impede illegal immigration, and putting checkpoints just out in desert areas with no roads, which seems foolish beyond belief, would do likewise? Does that mean that you are against illegal immigration now? If not, then what on earth is your point?
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 02:45 PM
    Why do you suppose this idiot did not bother to mention what the president has been doing, which is flying illegals by the multiple thousands around the country in the dead of night? Come to think of it, why have you been so quiet about it?
    the governors of Florida, Texas and Arizona feel empowered to literally deposit hundreds of traumatized fellow human beings on the doorsteps of communities in other jurisdictions with apparently no warning or provision for their care in place.
    Biden Administration Quietly Flies Illegal Immigrants to New York in Middle of Night: Report (yahoo.com)
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 03:02 PM
    Are these things, in your view, only wrong when done by repubs?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 03:39 PM
    Did you read the ENTIRE linked article you posted?

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Are these things, in your view, only wrong when done by repubs?
    What things?
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 03:51 PM
    So when you are just trying to reunite families, you need to do that only late at night???

What things?
    Never mind. You are running away from questions again anyway. It's pointless. Your approach is simple. It's wrong when repubs do it, and fine when Biden does it. So plain.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 03:56 PM
    Ah, you didn't read it all!

I have NO idea what specific things you are talking about. A lot of "things" have been posted in this thread.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 05:29 PM
    Migrants Get the Last Laugh After Being Bused to D.C. (NYT, 09/19/22)

[Earlier immigrants who were bused to D.C. are calling] the free transportation a blessing. They are already employed and achieving some measure of stability. They have found jobs in construction, hospitality, retail, trucking and other sectors facing worker shortages in an economy still recovering from the impact of the pandemic.

“In most big cities, including the ones where governors are shipping migrants, employers are scrambling to find workers,” said Chris Tilly, a labor economist at UCLA. “They are meeting a need.”
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2022, 04:42 AM
    Martha's Vinyard exposed the true nature of Dem elite's polices . They want immigrants to come to America for the sole reason of affecting the voting demographics .However ,they don't want them in their neighborhood

Advocate /talk show host personality, Charlamagne tha God, exposed their hypocrisy . He called the DeSantis and Abbott moves 'genius' pointing out the fact noted above.
    It is not just immigrants either . Dem politicians ship out the homeless when it is convenient to them.

Bussed out: how America moves thousands of homeless people around the country | Homelessness | The Guardian

What Charlamagne knows is that when these immigrants come here they are not competing for the Dem elite jobs . They are competing for gardener, construction worker, childcare provider, food preparation worker, home and office cleaner, etc. They also compete for low income housing ,and their children are filling up chairs in already poorly run classrooms. In other words they compete with American Blacks in the Democrat plantation.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2022, 05:46 AM
    Martha's Vinyard exposed the true nature of Dem elite's polices . They want immigrants to come to America for the sole reason of affecting the voting demographics .However ,they don't want them in their neighborhood.
    Exactly correct. And all the talk about checkpoints is just nonsense. A fifth grader could figure out that illegal immigrants are not going to go through checkpoints. "We would've gone through a checkpoint and bought a Dr. Pepper, but we didn't know where they were, so instead we just snuck across unseen in the dead of night through a wilderness area." Huh???

It never ceases to amaze.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2022, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Martha's Vinyard exposed the true nature of Dem elite's polices . They want immigrants to come to America for the sole reason of affecting the voting demographics .However ,they don't want them in their neighborhood.
    Then, why don't the Republicans turn the tables on the Dems by welcoming the immigrants into their communities, find housing for them, and introduce them to various services -- and thereby swing the voting demographics their way?
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2022, 10:37 AM
    The issue is the fact that we have no control at all of our own southern border. These people are crossing illegally and thus are law-breakers. They need to enter the legal way. And despite your foolish denials to the contrary, drugs are being brought in, sex trafficking is taking place, gang transactions are taking place, and all because our president has no interest in enforcing the law.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2022, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The issue is the fact that we have no control at all of our own southern border. These people are crossing illegally and thus are law-breakers.
    Not all of them. What percentage are lawbreakers? And, do they know they need permission to enter another country? If you're from rural Venezuela, would you know?

And despite your foolish denials to the contrary, drugs are being brought in, sex trafficking is taking place, gang transactions are taking place
    I have not denied that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search