Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 03:42 PM
    In short, they showed virtue, not just signaling, in response to the unnecessary emergency."

Viewing them as future dem voters??? How about dems having a lot more heart than repubs do!!!
    Guess so ;I would deport their a$$ back to where they came from. That would be a better deterrence than a thousand border check points .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2022, 03:57 PM
    How about dems having a lot more heart than repubs do!!!
    We saw how much heart the dems in MV (think "Obama") have. We could also mention D.C. and Chicago. And then there is the disaster of San Fran where human feces and drug needles litter many areas of downtown. You call it heart. I call it hypocritical and stupid. Advocating that someone else do something is not heart. It's cowardice.

Still wonder why we would want border checkpoints in areas where there is no highway or road. Where are we to build them, alongside rattlesnake trails?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2022, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Advocating that someone else do something is not heart. It's cowardice.
    Definitely! DeSantis and Abbott are beyond being cowards by sending migrants north without giving advance notice!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2022, 05:15 PM
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2022, 05:25 PM
    What happened to all of the "bleeding heart, pinko commie libtards" in Chicago, D.C., and MV? For that matter, what has happened with you? None of you have been good "libtards" for these people. It's just the same ole effort to compel others to do what none of you are doing yourselves. The best evidence I have for that, and it is conclusive, is the fact that not a single "libtard" on Martha's Vineyard had one ounce of interest in housing or employing any of those people.

As to Abbott and DeSantis, they have been "volunteered" by people like you to take care of people they never asked for. They have sent a relative handful of them to places that claimed to be in support of them. In support, that is, until they started to arrive. Since that time, their tune has changed. So no, it's not Abbott or DeSantis, but rather the usual "holier than thou" crowd who want to come off looking heroic for basically doing nothing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2022, 05:52 PM
    The City of Chicago and numerous immigrant-serving nonprofit organizations, such as the Resurrection Project, are coordinating with other agencies to provide migrants with immediate shelter and in-depth case management.

Mayor Lightfoot and other Chicago officials have been greeting the busloads of immigrants, connecting them with shelters and agencies that can help the refugees find homes, jobs, and resources.
    Erie Neighborhood House
    The nonprofit with locations in West Town, Near West Side and Little Village provides mental health care, adult education and training, legal services and other services for low-income and immigrant families.
    “Erie and other community organizations have been doing this kind of work for years,” said Isaias Solis, the group’s senior director of programs. “Every time we have migrants that arrive — whether it be from Latin America, Central America, most recently Ukraine and Afghanistan — we’ve been providing a lot of support.”
    Anyone interested in volunteering with or donating to Erie can go to its website or call 312-563-5800. The organization works with hundreds of volunteers every year, Solis said.
    “We love that the city of Chicago is a welcoming city, a sanctuary city,” Solis said. “We’re here to help. We’re here to support. Our doors are open. And we want to make sure that we’re part of the solution.”
    CommunityHealth
    CommunityHealth is one of the largest volunteer-based health centers in the United States, offering free services to low-income, uninsured Chicagoans, which is primarily an immigrant population, external affairs director Laura Ciresi Starr said.
    The group has been in close contact with the Mayor’s Office and other local groups to help the migrants, and many staff members and volunteers are bilingual, Starr said. Migrants are welcome whether they are only stopping in Chicago for a short period or if they plan to stay long-term, Starr said.
    “We really strongly believe that everybody should have access to essential health care at no cost if they need it,” Starr said. “We want to make sure they know we are available to be a welcoming place. That we can be their doctor’s office, their yoga studio, their pharmacy — all of these things all in one place.”
    CommunityHealth has three clinics: 2611 W. Chicago Ave., 5413 W. Diversey Ave. and 2759 S. Harding Ave.
    Anyone interested in learning more or becoming a volunteer can find more information in English, Spanish and Polish on the CommunityHealth website. CommunityHealth has a huge volunteer base that provides many of the organization’s services, with roles for medical providers, interpreters, health educators and more, Starr said.
    Southwest Collective
    The Southwest Collective is a group of neighbors and activists who have organized food giveaways and other services for residents in need throughout the pandemic. The group also offers an open forum for Southwest Side residents to voice their concerns, and it launches economic, educational and recreational initiatives to bring the community together.
    Board member and volunteer Adriana Vargas said the group can help the migrants through its food equity initiatives and monthly Freebies for Families events, at which parents can pick up or drop off gently used baby and children’s items.
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2022/09...go-from-texas/
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2022, 07:09 PM
    The City of Chicago and numerous immigrant-serving nonprofit organizations, such as the Resurrection Project, are coordinating with other agencies to provide migrants with immediate shelter and in-depth case management.

Mayor Lightfoot and other Chicago officials have been greeting the busloads of immigrants, connecting them with shelters and agencies that can help the refugees find homes, jobs, and resources.
    So is that what the Good Samaritan did? He loaded the man on his horse and took him into town to connect him to an "agency" where other people's money could be used to take care of him? "Good luck, Mr. Jewish man. Other people will take care of you!"

Wow. How heroic. As to the rest of the organizations you listed, it was just a listing of those who help out in one way or another to a lot of people in need. That, of course, was not our discussion. Our discussion involved the illegal immigrants, none of whom the mayor or those other good folks took in. So you have given a perfect example of what I said above. "So no, it's not Abbott or DeSantis, but rather the usual "holier than thou" crowd who want to come off looking heroic for basically doing nothing."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 18, 2022, 08:29 PM
    Those agencies and organizations are providing food and shelter and citizenship info and job opportunities to the immigrants. We in Chicago and the suburbs are pitching in money to help fund them. That's how it works.

Eventually, the immigrants will be settling in not only Chicago but also the suburbs, where churches and various social service agencies and county health departments will be surround them with aid and opportunities. At least one busload has already been immediately taken to an upper-class suburb where they were welcomed and temporary housing set up.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 02:53 AM
    the good folks at Martha's Vinyard were full of compassion and empathy for a full 24 hours before they loaded the illegals in a bus and shipped them out . It is just like their view about renewables . They are all well and good . Just NIMBY !!!!!

Celebrities Protest Proposed Wind Farm | IATP
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 04:04 AM
    Those agencies and organizations
    Yep. They dump em off on those "agencies and organizations" so they can go home and feel good about their willingness to help the poor illegals. So the anti-Christian parable you quoted should have read, "A pinko, commie libtard saw him and, anxious to get on with his own life, drove him to some organization or agency and dumped him off there, telling the director that he would vote for pols who would force other people to help the agency with its expenses. He then went about the community bragging endlessly about his own humanitarian impulses."
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 04:38 AM
    Yep. They dump em off on those "agencies and organizations" so they can go home and feel good about their willingness to help the poor illegals.
    no-poor-houses.gif (245×136) (agridirect.ie)
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 04:49 AM
    The people that libs have no time for, meaning hard-working, honest Americans.

EAGLE PASS, Texas – A business owner near the U.S. southern border said she was forced to sell her family honky-tonk after the venue was broken into on five separate occasions since February.
    "I worked alongside my father for 19 years," said Selena Buentello Price, the former second-generation owner of The Wagon Wheel, a local barbeque joint. "One break-in in 25 years."
    "From February to now, I've had five," Price said. "Not only has my business been broken into and ransacked—it's just the insecurity now, you don't feel safe at home anymore."
    Texas border town business owner sells family BBQ restaurant after multiple migrant break ins | Fox News

Keep sending them to Chicago and MV until they wake up and start to smell the coffee.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 05:01 AM
    “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” (Alinsky 'Rules for Radicals ')
    Loving the way DeSantis and Abbott are dealing with Dem hypocrisy. Kam the Sham and KJP say the borders are secure ? Send some to Kam's VP home at the Naval Observatory .

Second busload of migrants arrives outside Kamala Harris’ residence | The Texas Tribune

Keep on sending the illegals to 'sanctuary 'cities and states . They are the ones who have declared that they will not enforce Federal laws . They should be sent there with at least the same frequency as Clueless sends planes full of illegals in the dead of night to Republican districts like Westchester County NY .

Biden resumes 'air illegal' into Westchester as migrant tide grows worse (nypost.com)[FONT=times new roman, times, serif
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 05:04 AM
    Good ole Martha's Vineyard.

Real estate data and Massachusetts state resources show otherwise. Island towns are flush with cash and plenty of extra beds to help needy people. Edgartown, for example, boasts $9.8 million in free cash — budget surplus — according to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue. It would have cost only $9.1 million to give all 50 migrants their own room for an entire year at Edgartown’s swanky $500-per-night Harbor View Hotel.
    Martha's Vineyard residents lament lack of resources, even as island is flush with cash and beds | Fox News

Clueless sends planes full of illegals in the dead of night to Republican districts like Westchester County NY .
    It will be interesting to see if WG refers to Biden in the same way she referred to Abbott and DeSantis.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2022, 05:05 AM
    Newsom challenged DeSantis to a debate . DeSantis should avoid falling into the trap.

Don't debate an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and win because he has more practice at it .
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 05:06 AM
    I'll throw this out again. Keep hope alive!!

How many checkpoints would it take to make you happy? How many highways cross the southern border which don't currently have a checkpoint? lf the answer iS zero, then why are you calling for more checkpoints? PLEASE DON'T DODGE THESE QUESTIONS. ANSWER THEM.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 09:01 AM
    Both legal and illegal immigrants don't know where checkpoints are, don't always follow roads -- or avoid them for various reasons. (Mexico has built roads to each checkpoint?!)

The currents checkpoints are far enough apart that it would be easy to bypass/avoid them. Perhaps drones can be sent between checkpoints to assess how many immigrants are deliberately or unknowingly bypassing the checkpoints. Is there U.S. communication between checkpoints? As for how many highways that cross the border that don't have a checkpoint? Probably none. But the border can be crossed without going on a highway.

Apparently, according to Wikipedia: Checkpoints are located between 25 and 75 miles (40 and 121 km) of the Mexico–United States border along major U.S. highways; near the southern border of the contiguous United States. Their situation at interior locations allow them to deter illegal activities that may have bypassed official border crossings along the frontier.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 09:43 AM
    So if indeed there are currently no highways crossing the border that don't already have a checkpoint, there where would you put the new ones? Would you just build them basically in the middle of nowhere? And even if we did, do you really think that illegal aliens would be sure to locate one of those checkpoints so that they would be stopped and turned back?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2022, 10:17 AM
    I mentioned drones and also communication between border crossing stations and checkpoints.

To repeat -- These checkpoints are located ... along major U.S. highways [north of] the southern border of the contiguous United States. Their situation at interior [U.S.] locations allow them to deter illegal activities that may have bypassed official border crossings along the frontier.

Thus, I'd add more border crossings because it's "in the middle of nowhere" where both legal and illegal immigrants cross into the U.S. It wouldn't totally solve the problem but would definitely improve things.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2022, 10:49 AM
    What point is there in putting checkpoints in the middle of nowhere? Wouldn't the illegals just go around them. What if we used mobile patrols instead, going in jeeps and on horseback? Wouldn't their mobility be better than a static, largely useless checkpoint?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search