Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 02:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If DeSantis is a jerk, what are the people who have stupidly allowed our southern border to become basically wide open to illegal immigration?
    Leviticus 19:33-34 -- When a stranger sojourns with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Matthew 25:35 -- For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.

Hebrews 13:2 -- Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Galatians 5:14 -- For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2022, 03:59 PM
    Hundreds of thousands of illegals bum rush the border daily based on the lies of the Dem jerks . The Dems love it because it is mostly Republican states that have to foot the bill for their policies

As far as the biblical verses ;they are meaningless and especially so for people who dispute the contention that this is a 'Christian nation' . The fact is that they have no business in American policy or jurisprudence.

But since (groan) the Bible was brought up;.The Bible assumes a respect and defense of national borders .Many passages details Isreal;s borders

As far as immigration goes ;countries have the right and responsibility to determine who can enter their land and under what circumstances. In Numbers 20, the Israelites asked for permission to pass through the land of Edom. The Edomites refused so the Israelis went another way. In Genesis 12 Abraham traveled into Egypt and was seeking to become a resident there. At one of the border check points he lied about the fact that Sarah was his wife. When the Pharoah found out that Abraham had lied,t Abraham was deported and had to return to Canaan.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Hundreds of thousands of illegals bum rush the border daily
    Where should they go, tomder?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2022, 05:02 PM
    Have you volunteered to take any, WG? Have you written to the gov of Texas and told him you'd take some? Have you written to the people of MV and told them of the scriptures you quoted? How about the mayors of Chicago and D.C.? Why don't they take these people into their own homes?

It's like I said earlier. It's always a good idea for someone else to do.

Where should they go??? How about staying in their own countries or trying LEGAL immigration?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 05:23 PM
    Have you volunteered to take any, WG?
    When we were swamped by Vietnamese after the Tet Offensive and war -- I helped house them, taught them English, tutored their kids, contributed money for their welfare, befriended them, and watched them eventually become productive U.S. citizens. If I were younger and healthy, I'd eagerly do it again for these new immigrants.
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2022, 05:24 PM
    Where should they go ? They should apply to legally enter the country . When they cross the border without visas they are breaking our laws . I can sympatise with their life circumstance .I am a strong advocate for America accepting huge amounts of legal visa applicants . There are apx 66,000 new visas issued each year and I would entertain increasing that significantly .

That being said ;I have no sympathy for those who's first act in the nation they wish to reside is to break the law at the onset . Almost 5 million illegals have entered since Clueless took office . You and I ,law abiding citizens ,are paying for it against our will .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 05:31 PM
    Where should they go??? How about staying in their own countries or trying LEGAL immigration?
    Juan didn't wake up one morning and say to his wife Consuela, "Gosh darn! I keep hearing about delicious Italian subway sandwiches in a city called Chicago and white hots in Rochester, New York. Get the kids up and dressed, so we can start heading north after breakfast. This will be a fun trip! Think of all the sights we'll see along the way!"
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2022, 05:32 PM
    When we were swamped by Vietnamese after the Tet Offensive and war -- I helped house them, taught them English, tutored their kids, contributed money for their welfare, befriended them, and watched them eventually become productive U.S. citizens. If I were younger and healthy, I'd eagerly do it again for these new immigrants.
    Then why haven't you? Why haven't the liberal dems in Chicago, D.C., and MV?

Talk.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 05:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Where should they go ? They should apply to legally enter the country . When they cross the border without visas they are breaking our laws .
    Why aren't there points of entry all along the southern border? And housing for the migrants/refugees to stay in and food pantries/diners for them while they're being processed?

Then why haven't you?
    I answered that.
    Why haven't the liberal dems in Chicago, D.C., and MV?
    Ask them. From what I've read and heard, they are.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2022, 06:24 PM
    I answered that.

Being old is not an excuse, is it?

Why haven't the liberal dems in Chicago, D.C., and MV?

Ask them. From what I've read and heard, they are.
    They have immigrants in their own homes??? You, I, and everyone else here knows that is not true.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 06:32 PM
    Being old is not an excuse, is it?
    Being old and unhealthy is.
    They have immigrants in their own homes??? You, I, and everyone else here knows that is not true.
    Cherry picking again, I see.
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2022, 06:48 PM
    Cherry picking? No one believes that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 17, 2022, 07:38 PM
    Cherry picking? No one believes that.
    Which verb phrases did you leave out?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2022, 10:38 PM
    Why aren't there points of entry all along the southern border? And housing for the migrants/refugees to stay in and food pantries/diners for them while they're being processed?
    why should there be ? The legal process is to apply for a visa and get granted one BEFORE they make the journey .
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 02:57 AM
    need I remind everyone that Clueless has been secretly flying illegal immigrants to undisclosed locations in the US interior since he assumed office. But a busload of illegals to Martha's Vinyard was cause for mobilization of the National Guard ;and 'deporting ' them to a military complex on Cape Cod .

Migrants sent to Martha's Vineyard are being rehoused on a base in Cape Cod : NPR

Biden administration secretly flying underage migrants into New York at night: Report (yahoo.com)

Biden secretly flying underage migrants into NY in dead of night (nypost.com)

Biden Admin Stonewalls on Release of Thousands of Illegal Immigrants Into New York (freebeacon.com)

So why shouldn't Martha's Vinyard with an average annual household income of $132,657 absorb some of the pain that border towns have had to deal with for decades ?
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 04:59 AM
    Meanwhile in Martha’s Vineyard - YouTube
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2022, 05:03 AM
    Which verb phrases did you leave out?
    Oh please. Stop. The uncomfortable (for you) fact remains that the lady posting the scripture verses, like most liberal dems, is doing nothing to help these illegals. That's a whole plateful of cherries!

To be clear, I love those verses and realize there is a point to be made there, but nowhere did God command Israel to just open up their borders and let anyone and everyone come walking across.

So why shouldn't Martha's Vinyard with an average annual household income of $132,657 absorb some of the pain that border towns have had to deal with for decades ?
    That's the question of the day. It just again illustrates how liberal dems love to talk the talk but hate to walk the walk. "Someone else needs to house these people." "We need to raise taxes on other people."
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2022, 05:52 AM
    Martha's Vineyard approach to illegal immigrants. "Adios! You are not welcome here. Stay in Florida and be someone else's problem." If those people were genuinely concerned about the plight of illegal immigrants, they would have rejoiced at the opportunity to accept them and integrate them into the MV society. What a great testimony that would have been! Instead, their true beliefs were expressed.

Busses arrived in Edgartown, Mass., Friday morning to ship out the 50 illegal migrants who arrived at the New England destination at Martha’s Vineyard Wednesday night courtesy of Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis.
    Martha's Vineyard Elites Deport Illegal Immigrants After 24 Hours (thefederalist.com)
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 06:15 AM
    They are going into an internment camp on Cape Cod .
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2022, 06:45 AM
    Chad and CJaye: The Martha’s Vineyard Invasion Song - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search