Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2023, 07:38 PM
    458 miles so you think a wall from Chitown to Pittsburg would be no big accomplishment ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 9, 2023, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    458 miles so you think a wall from Chitown to Pittsburg would be no big accomplishment ?
    Many of those miles were dups paralleling already-built walls.

"Heck, we've walked this far north. Let's go east and walk around this stoopid wall."
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2023, 08:36 PM
    He got 458 miles built out of 1933 miles needed
    Interesting. You admit the wall is needed. You admit Trump built several hundred miles of it. So here's another real question. How much has Biden built???
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2023, 02:01 PM
    In Arizona v. Mayorkas Clueless argued that the pandemic was over so there was no need to continue Trump's Title 42 border policies .

BUT today the administration said the pandemic was not over .

Biden administration extends COVID-19 public health emergency | PBS NewsHour

Does the covid crisis end at the border ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2023, 06:38 AM
    Row is a hotel on 8th Avenue in mid-town Manhattan close to many of NYC attractions. Currently it is also being used as a temporary housing for illegal aliens. Workers at the hotel are saying that daily they are throwing out large bags of free prepared food .They say that the illegals drink alcohol and smoke pot all day long;along with other drugs They tell of domestic violence among the illegals and of people having sex on the stairwells. Trash is left all over the place and fights break out between illegals and security personnel.

NYC is paying$400-$500 a night to house them ,
    So that’s costing New York City an estimated $1 million-$1.37 million a day. That’s $365 million-$500 million a year.....While not revealing specifics, Adams has requested $1 billion from the feds.
    Here's a taste of what Biden's open-border policies cost local taxpayers across America (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2023, 06:58 AM
    This is the same bunch of loons (NYC city gov) that has been appealing to the feds for funding to help with this situation.
    Ultra Member

Jan 13, 2023, 12:12 PM
    Clueless went down to Mexico ;he was looking to make a deal.

Did he succeed ? What do you think ?

US and Mexican cabinet officials ran out of time before discussing migration in a formal meeting in Mexico City on Monday, according to people familiar with the matter, leaving a major issue between the countries largely unaddressed.

Migration Gets Short Shrift at Biden-AMLO Summit After Border Visit (yahoo.com)

Let that sink in . They ran out of time to discuss the most important issue between the 2 nations .

He warned us when he told us he had more important things to do.
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2023, 12:25 PM
    After you discuss the highly important issue of pronoun usage, there is only so much time left.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 04:59 AM
    NYC Mayor Adams says there is no room at the Inn
    The mayor of New York traveled to the Mexican border city of El Paso on Sunday and declared that "there is no room in New York" for busloads of migrants being sent to America's most populous city.
    Eric Adams, a Democrat, was also critical of the administration of Democratic U.S. President Joe Biden, saying "now is the time for the national government to do its job" about the immigrant crisis at America's southern border.
    New York Mayor says "no room" in his city for migrants | Reuters

The ultimate NIMBY

NYC is a sanctuary city . So send those illegal aliens some place else.
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2023, 05:31 AM
    Declare yourself a sanctuary city, and then complain about being flooded with illegals? Strange.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2023, 05:55 AM
    There are at least a half million illegals in the city now . They have municipal identification programs where illegals can get; regardless of status, identification so that they can access various freebee social programs and open bank accounts(and maybe voter ID ????) .

About - IDNYC

At least one board of elections Dem;secretly recorded ; accused Sandinista Bill of distributing these cards for all types of benefits ;including voting
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2023, 05:17 AM
    So what happens when an illegal gets sent to NYC but then realizes that a sanctuary city is not the Emerald City of their dreams ?

Mayor Adams has taken a page from the DeSantis /Abbott playbook . He is loading them up on buses and moving them to Canada .

Mayor Eric Adams’ administration pays various companies that run programs for migrants that include “re-ticketing” so they can travel to other cities, a City Hall source said.
    Various nonprofits, including Catholic Charities, also help migrants who want to flee Gotham, the source said.
    Migrants abandon NYC for Canada with taxpayer-funded bus tickets (nypost.com)

word has spread among the migrant community that Canada — where Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has touted the country’s “proud and longstanding tradition of welcoming people seeking safety” — is the place to go.

Getting booted out of luxury hotels they were being housed in at the expense of NYC taxpayers was not making them happy .

Migrants Refuse to Leave NYC Hotel, Denounce Being Treated Like 'Dogs' (newsweek.com)

“I am going to Canada for a better quality of life for my family.”
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2023, 04:36 AM
    Mucha nieve !;mucho frio ! They aren't saying mucho oso yet . But that is coming .

So much for that idea .Many of the illegals that Mayor Adams sent to Canada are returning to NYC .Ilze Thielmann, the director of non-profit Team TLC said ;
    "They think that there are all these jobs up there. They think they’re going to be able to get asylum very easily up there and that’s just not the case" .

Why some migrants turn around and head back to NYC after free bus ride to near Canadian border | CBC News

The grass is always greener on the other side of the border .

The buses from NYC loaded with illegals goes to the Roxham Rd. It is a 5 mile rural road that starts in Champlain, New York and ends in Bogton, in the municipality of Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec, Canada. They walk the distance and cross the Canadian border illegally . This is a mini-version of the human trafficking that the Mexican cartels do . But in this case it is state sanctioned . Last year about 40,000 illegals crossed into Canada this way.

Adams says that all he is doing is 'helping in the re-ticketing process'

Transcript: Mayor Eric Adams Appears Live on Fox 5's "Good Day New York" | City of New York (nyc.gov)

Spoken like the pr guy from the cartels .
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2023, 06:35 AM
    Trump's ideas are looking better and better every day.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2023, 03:47 AM
    Update

for those paying attention Title 42 ends in 2 days.

We are days away from a massive invasion of our southern border . We have completely lost control of our border .The cartels control both sides of it . They are telling the invaders that with the end of Title 42 covid restrictions the US is now an open border nation and that the US will provide for their every need once they cross over. Hordes of invaders are waiting to sack America.

Clueless Joe ordered 1500 troops to the border. That is clearly not enough . But not only that . They will not be involved in stopping the invasion . They will be there to assist in the process of making the invaders legal .

Slavery was made illegal in the US in 1865 ? WRONG

The new euphemism for it is 'Human Trafficking and the slave trade is alive and flourishing in the US . Child illegal immigrants are smuggled across the border and they are willingly transferred to people who put them into labor and sex slave status .

The compliant press shills for the administration Here is Time take

There’s very little a homeland security secretary or an American President can do to reverse human migration patterns predominantly caused by climate change, new storm patterns, rampant violence and economic need. U.S. immigration laws, which could create orderly entry points for migrants to register and work and live in the U.S., are poorly designed to do so, and haven’t been updated in three decades.
    Lie after lie after lie. Those may be minor factors but the real problem is Clueless Joe and his homeland security secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas.

Dem Rep. Sharice Davids of Kansas wrote to Mayorkas.

You have had a year to engage prior to the lifting of Title 42, and I hope that you and the President both recommit to working with Congress to achieve real results,” Davids continued.

In March 2022, the Biden Administration warned of increased migration flows immediately following the end of Title 42, but in the last year, the Administration has taken no action to find a comprehensive, bipartisan solution. Now, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is preparing for as many as 10,000 migrants to cross the southern border each day after the order ends, which would almost double the daily average from this past March.
    Davids Pushes Biden Administration to Recommit to Bipartisan Immigration Reform | Representative Sharice Davids (house.gov)

I don't know why the administration has not acted . Polls show it as a negative for the President . The only conclusion I can draw is that he wants this invasion to happen.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2023, 03:27 AM
    The invasion that is coming today is the beginning of the fulfilment of George Soros' open borders dream. He has dedicated 3 decades and billions of dollars to this effort .

He believes that there is the need to end America as the world's preeminent power. He has been coveting the day when a weakened United States can be at the mercy of international institutions.
    He sees himself as a global citizen . He has called national soverignty anachonistic.

America in the Global Community: Building Long-Term Security (state.gov)

"the principle of sovereignty stands in the way of outside intervention in the internal affairs of nation-states."

The People’s Sovereignty – Foreign Policy

We are well on the way. Common customs ,language ,traditions are essential to national unity . The hordes of illegals do not share our traditions beliefs and in many cases are not coming to adopt them .Democracy, freedom of speech , religion, and individual rights are rejected, forbidden, and severely punished in many of the cultures of the people in the wave. Many are brining in disease long eradicated in the US . How far have we come from the days when there were immigration bans on criminals, people with contagious diseases, polygamists, anarchists, beggars, and importers of prostitutes.....or even the 1965 liberal reforms designed for the acceptance of immigrants for family unification and for skilled workers .

How U.S. immigration laws and rules have changed through history | Pew Research Center

6 million illegals in 1986 was a crisis. We got over 2.7 million illegal border crossers last year alone. And that during Title 42 restrictions .

Say goodby USA . It was nice to know ya.

Uber Member

May 11, 2023, 04:16 AM
    What a sad situation. No wonder they hated Trump and his MAGA ideas.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2023, 01:52 PM
    Be prepared in the next hour or so to see riotous bum rushing to the border .

Migrant detentions at U.S.-Mexico border hit record highs as Title 42 ends | Reuters
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2023, 05:56 AM
    Tuesday the Chief Executive in charge of the safety of the nation said of the end of Title 42 that the border would be "chaotic" for a while.

.Biden: US-Mexico border will be 'chaotic for a while' | AP News

So how are the laws being enforced now that the covid restriction ended ?

The head of border security Sec Mayorkas told the invaders massing on the border for the bum rush ; don't believe your lying eyes; the border is not open .

Mayorkas marks end of Title 42 with a warning for migrants: ‘The border is not open’ | The Hill

But the invasion preceded the end of the restrictions .

Illegal border crossings have topped 10,000 per day this week, the highest levels ever, as the Title 42 border policy expired at 11:59 p.m. Thursday. Thousands of migrants forded the Rio Grande into the Brownsville, Tex., area, or arrived elsewhere, including more than 800 miles away on the dusty strip of U.S. land between the riverbanks and the border wall east of downtown El Paso.
    U.S. sees record migration influx as pandemic border restrictions lift (msn.com)

That is the equivalent of the population of a small US city EVERY DAY ;a major city every week !
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 12, 2023, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    )That is the equivalent of the population of a small US city EVERY DAY ;a major city every week !
    Lotsa room in Texas and Oklahoma. Kansas too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be punished in the same way as for adultery? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and unmarried. I have committed a big sin.I have had sex chat with unknown males. In the middle of chatting I realize its wrong and then I stop chatting and perform obligatory ghusl as soon as possible and then I repent. I feel so ashamed of myself. But again I do the...

I'm being punished for something! [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with him for eleven years and married for five. I've never been in any relationship like this! He's been physically and emotionally abusive. He's almost 40 and acts like a eighteen year old drinking, coming home the next day, playing video games. Two out of the three jobs he's had, he's...

Being punished for being hurt by him [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im really needing some help. I've began to think that I'm crazy living with this for so long so here goes... rite after my divorce to my first husband I met this guy and he was great. He helped me through my divorce and told me what to expect... he had ben through one two himself. ...

How Can AN 18 Year Old Be punished? [ 7 Answers ]

First I would like to say that my partner and I are male gay parents of 6 children whom we adopted through the foster care program. We have had great success with 4 of these children, all of them teens and young adults. The one I am concerned about is now 18 and thinks he owns the house and can do...

View more questions Search