Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2022, 12:13 PM
    I was at our now closed (thank God!) abortion clinic several weeks ago. Two journalists from the Boston Globe were there. They clearly had no intention of interviewing the pro-life side. I asked one as she was leaving if she would talk with us. She claimed she would, but then never came back, so I found one of them in a nearby coffee shop and asked if she minded if I talked with her a bit. She agreed. Towards the end of a not very long discussion, I suggested she do some research on how abortions are performed. She replied that she didn't need to do that since the "clinic" had allowed her to watch one that very morning. I asked if she had witnessed the doctor pulling out the arms, legs, head, etc. and reassembling it all on a metal tray. She said she had. I was a little shocked, so I asked her if she was OK with that. "It's the woman's choice," she coolly answered. I would suggest that getting from that level of hard-heartedness to shooting an innocent person is not a very long trip. It might be no distance at all.
    wow !!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 12:38 PM
    It was really stunning. I wish I had taken a pic of the look on her face.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 01:04 PM
    Why are abortions done? "Ho hum. This pregnancy is taking forever. I'm tired of it" or "I've decided I don't want a baby after all" or "I thought I was just putting on weight. This has to end. I want to be skinny again".
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 01:17 PM
    Would those reasons be legally acceptable for you?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 01:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Would those reasons be legally acceptable for you?
    Not at all!

Are there acceptable reasons for an abortion?
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 02:14 PM
    Not at all!
    Here are, again, the reasons you would disallow.

"Ho hum. This pregnancy is taking forever. I'm tired of it." 1. Tired of being pregnant.
    "I've decided I don't want a baby after all." 2. Does not want to have a baby.
    "I thought I was just putting on weight. This has to end. I want to be skinny again". 3. Does not want the weight gain.

This is really fascinating. Why would you say "no" for those three?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 02:38 PM
    This is really fascinating. Why would you say "no" for those three?
    Please explain why you are asking me this question.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 02:47 PM
    Please explain why you are asking me this question.
    Never mind. Fear rears its ugly head again.

Just so you'll know how it's done, you asked what reasons I would accept. I would accept a genuine and immediate threat to the mother's life. Note that I did not bother to ask why you wanted to know that. It's how discussions proceed. I am not afraid to voice my positions or to defend them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 02:55 PM
    Never mind. Fear rears its ugly head again.
    Why are you fearful?
    Just so you'll know how it's done, you asked what reasons I would accept. I would accept a genuine and immediate threat to the mother's life.
    The same reason I would accept. Also, if there is something seriously, incurably wrong with the fetus.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 02:58 PM
    Why are you fearful?
    Try thinking rather than just copying. I answered your question. Have you answered mine???

The same reason I would accept. Also, if there is something seriously, incurably wrong with the fetus.
    So, to be clear, you would only allow those two reasons for an abortion to be legal, and would legally disallow the three reasons you posted earlier?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 03:03 PM
    What's "legal" won't stop any woman who wants an abortion.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 03:11 PM
    It's a silly argument. No law stops ALL illegal activity, but the laws certainly make those illegal actions far more difficult and much less frequent, just like laws against murder, robbery, rape, libel, slander, and assault make those actions much less frequent. But since they don't stop all of those crimes, should we make them legal? Should we make rape and other sexual assaults legal? How about murder? And why would you call for gun control laws? They won't stop ALL gun crimes. Why do you have a double standard?

The argument is just ridiculous. Even worse is your evasive attempt at trying to portray yourself as having a moral position on abortion when, in fact, you really don't. And that is why I asked you, "Why would you say "no" for those three?". You realized that and just tried making an end run around the question. I know you very well by now, WG.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 03:17 PM
    How many times have you been pregnant?
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 03:22 PM
    An even worse argument. I've never had uterine cancer, but I am definitely against it. I was never discriminated against for being black, but I'm against that, too. It's just terrible logic. And it clearly is just an attempt at changing the subject away from topics which you know are not good for your views.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 03:37 PM
    Thus, you have no empathy.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 04:05 PM
    Another specious point.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 04:12 PM
    Then show us!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2022, 04:17 PM
    Why are abortions done?

convenience but this is about the assassination of a former PM of Japan .and not ANOTER abortion discussion,
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2022, 04:17 PM
    I have been standing on the sidewalk of an abortion clinic the past three or so years in order to preserve the lives of the unborn children you care nothing about. Now that we have won that battle, in our state at least, then the attention will shift to pregnancy centers already setup and being run by pro-life groups since the abortionists don't give a rip. That's in addition to ministering to men trying to get out of addiction at a drug rehab center. We also send Bibles to Africa and to a prison ministry. Last year we supported a ministry in Uganda which was providing food to Africans whose crops had been devastated by locusts. This year we have sponsored pastor conferences for them. God has blessed us by allowing us to do these things for which I give Him great praise. It would not be possible without the blessing of Jesus so all praise for these things go to Him.

What have you been doing?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2022, 04:28 PM
    What are you doing to help people in your own neighborhood, in your own circle? No signs, no shouting, no accosting. Bloom where you are planted!

Do you disallow ALL forms of abortion, or would certain situations be acceptable to you?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search