Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 11:35 AM
    I was reading further. Until implantation takes place, that wad of cells (egg and sperm) is nothingness.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 11:41 AM
    That "wad of cells" is not egg and sperm. It is a fertilized ovum with a completely unique genetic code, fantastically complex, and on its way to adulthood.

I hear you pro-abortionists frequently refer to the unborn child as a "mass" or, for you, "wad" of cells. I reply by simply pointing out that you and I are also a mass (wad) of cells. Does that make us "nothingness"???

In what way does implantation change the embryo from "nothingness" to "somethingness"? Why do you suggest that to be true?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 11:52 AM
    If those blastocyte cells don't implant, then what?
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 11:59 AM
    I think you meant to type "blastocyst". If it does not implant, then it dies, much the same as death can occur all along the frequently perilous path to old age. Still, it has a unique genetic code, is not "sperm and egg", is fabulously complex, exhibits all the qualities of living organisms, and is on its way to adulthood.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 12:02 PM
    Cleveland Clinic:

"Within three weeks, the blastocyte cells ultimately form a little ball, or an embryo, and the baby's first nerve cells have already formed. Your developing baby is called an embryo from the moment of conception to the eighth week of pregnancy. After the eighth week and until the moment of birth, your developing baby is called a fetus."
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 12:09 PM
    "Within three weeks, the blastocyte cells ultimately form a little ball, or an embryo, and the baby's first nerve cells have already formed. Your developing baby is called an embryo from the moment of conception to the eighth week of pregnancy. After the eighth week and until the moment of birth, your developing baby is called a fetus."
    Could you provide that link? Otherwise, well done! So with the material you are appealing to calling the blastocyst a "baby", would you agree with that assessment?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 12:10 PM
    Please apologize to me.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 12:11 PM
    Could you also answer these?

I hear you pro-abortionists frequently refer to the unborn child as a "mass" or, for you, "wad" of cells. I reply by simply pointing out that you and I are also a mass (wad) of cells. Does that make us "nothingness"???

In what way does implantation change the embryo from "nothingness" to "somethingness"? Why do you suggest that to be true?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 12:31 PM
    No apology. So noted.

A human being is a mass of cells that have become differentiated and have a variety of skill sets.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 01:19 PM
    No apology. So noted.
    Nothing to apologize for. I accused you of nothing. I simply noted that you might have meant to say, "blastocyst" since it is, far and away, the more commonly used term. My comment was, "I think you meant to type 'blastocyst'" But you supported your term, and I commended you for that.

A human being is a mass of cells that have become differentiated and have a variety of skill sets.
    I'm glad to hear you say that. Differentiation begins very early on, and by the eighth week is advanced. So you would agree, by your definition, that the embryo becomes human no later than the eighth week?

https://bio.libretexts.org/Bookshelv...switched%20off.

Now you were flatly wrong in your comments about the morning after pill. Have you acknowledged that???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 01:25 PM
    If we forbid and outlaw abortion, then war also must be forbidden and outlawed.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 01:29 PM
    Questions asked and unanswered as seems to be the norm.

1. I'm glad to hear you say that. Differentiation begins very early on, and by the eighth week is advanced. So you would agree, by your definition, that the embryo becomes human no later than the eighth week?

2. Now you were flatly wrong in your comments about the morning after pill. Have you acknowledged that???

As to your question, I would be happy to outlaw war if you can suggest a means of doing so. At any rate, I know of no one who considers war to be a good thing. I know of many people who celebrate abortion.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 01:46 PM
    I know of many people, Trump included along with many Republicans, who encourage war and other mayhem.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 02:21 PM
    Still two unanswered questions.

1. I'm glad to hear you say that. Differentiation begins very early on, and by the eighth week is advanced. So you would agree, by your definition, that the embryo becomes human no later than the eighth week?

2. Now you were flatly wrong in your comments about the morning after pill. Have you acknowledged that???

And now here's another. When has Trump, or any other repub, "encouraged" war and "other mayhem", and bear in mind that war specifically is what is being discussed? Please be specific.

Why do I have the funny feeling that there will now be 3 unanswered questions?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 03:21 PM
    1. Human? With thoughts and feelings and intelligence and the ability to love or hate? No. It is an embryo.
    2. No.
    3. After the 2020 election and especially on January 6.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 05:21 PM
    1. Just hours ago you said differentiation was the key to being human. Now you have chosen a completely different standard. Hmmm.
    2. you were clearly wrong.
    3. No specific statement, so it appears you are making it up as you go. He certainly never called for a war. Ridiculous.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 05:34 PM
    1. Yes, differentiation plus emotions, attutudes, etc.
    2. Nope.
    3. What planet are you living on??? He wanted another Revolutionary War!!!
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 06:29 PM
    1. So an unconscious person with no emotions is not a person. What a strange theory.
    2. Pride
    3. Trump never called for war. You have no quote. You only have hate driven fantasies.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 2, 2022, 07:17 PM
    1. Hold the hand of an embryo.
    2. No.
    3. Dem ballots = tea thrown off Griffin's Wharf
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2022, 08:22 PM
    1. Now it's being able to hold hands? You just can't make up your mind.
    2. This is why I hate discussing anything with you. You are so arrogant you can't admit to being wrong. I said the morning after pill could cause the fertilized egg to not implant. You replied, "No, that is not the 'effect sometimes.'" I then posted from an article that showed it COULD cause the egg to not implant. But WG cannot possibly admit to being wrong about something. You might want to try changing your name to "AverageGirl". Then perhaps you could live on the same plane as everyone else. We all make mistakes.
    3. You do realize that the Boston Tea Party was not done to start a war? Right? You do realize that it was a protest against what the colonists considered to be an unjust tax? So you have nothing. Trump never called for war or revolution. You are fantasizing again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unborn baby [ 0 Answers ]

Kay . My sister is five months pregnant &'d she's having a girl . She's been told that her baby head isn't fully developed when she was four months , &'d now she's five . The rest of her body is fully formed like in great shape . It's just the head isn't forming right . I want to know what can we...

The mother of my sons baby says she got full custody of their unborn baby... we live I [ 7 Answers ]

My sons baby mama says she got full custody of their unborn baby. We live in ca. Is this even possible? No notice no court date no violence no restraining orders WTH.

How can I get soul custody of my unborn son, if the father wants to be around? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to find out what my chances are of getting soul custody of my unborn son if the father wants to be around. He has under the table paying jobs, which he obviously can't report. Even if I file for child support, I will probably get nothing since he has no way of showing wages. I just...

Could I be with a unborn baby? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering could You be pregnant by this:hot sensation in the lower abdominal cramping and no period back ache when waking up and sitting down and bending head down in the chair.and the doctor pressed in my stomach in a Little it hurted an I can lay down in suck in my stomach it...

Unborn baby [ 5 Answers ]

I need to know how long it takes to get opiotes or lortab out of a unborn baby's system?

View more questions Search