Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2022, 05:20 AM
    So you want to host an Independence Day barbeque ?
    Last year Clueless Joe went on Twitter to brag that the cost of the barbeque had gone down compared to 2020 and used it to claim his economic plan was working .

The White House on Twitter: "Planning a cookout this year? Ketchup on the news. According to the Farm Bureau, the cost of a 4th of July BBQ is down from last year. It’s a fact you must-hear(d). Hot dog, the Biden economic plan is working. And that’s something we can all relish. https://t.co/7h9qLauIbC" / Twitter

That was a slight decrease from the year before . The White House used stats from the American Farm Bureau Federation’s food price list for it's stats .

Well how are we doing this year ?

According to the Federation, the total cost for an Independence Day cookout is up $10 from 2021. That’s a 17 % hike .

Cost of July 4th Cookout 17% Higher Compared to Year Ago (fb.org)

Farmers are feeling the price-point pain too, like the people they grow food for, according to AFBF Chief Economist Roger Cryan.
    “Despite higher food prices, the supply chain disruptions and inflation have made farm supplies more expensive; like consumers, farmers are price-takers not price-makers,” Cryan said. He added, “Bottom line, in many cases the higher prices farmers are being paid aren’t covering the increase in their farm expenses. The cost of fuel is up and fertilizer prices have tripled.”

You have 10 people over for some burgers and hot dogs .It will cost you $70 .

Last year (before the Ukraine war) gas prices were on their way up and were already at a 7 year high at $3.09/gal (the good ole days) Consumer prices were up 5% (when the Fed and Clueless should've started addressing inflation concerns .......back then they called inflation "transitory") .

This year gas prices exceed $5/gal in some areas and inflation is at a 40 year +high .
    But at least you can buy a burger at the store. If you have a baby you are out of luck .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2022, 05:28 AM
    Thank you, Mr. Biden. I don't recall a more inept figure on the political stage than Biden with the probable exception of Carter.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2022, 05:45 AM
    Ahh the days of malaise . The good ole days .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2022, 05:55 AM
    The days of the misery index.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Declaration of Independence [ 4 Answers ]

What is the difference between The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution?

Independence Day [ 23 Answers ]

Happy Independence day everybody. Enjoy them, we may not have many more of these, as each year more and more rights are stripped away. Sorry- not going to be a bummer, just read the news... that's all, I'll try to refrain from that for the duration of the weekend.

I want my independence [ 12 Answers ]

I have been Married for three years. I have just attained my degree a few months back. At that time my husband and I decided to move a foreign country as there was a new opening position at his job. Of course I moved in with him after the completion of my studies thinking that I can easily find a...

Independence Day [ 3 Answers ]

Happy 4th of July everyone! I'm interested to know, how is everyone celebrating this wonderful day of our independence? :) I'm going to the beach all day to swim with my friends and family, then at night we're watching the fireworks show. Its really neat, they light the fireworks off the coast...

To host or not to host out of town guests? [ 2 Answers ]

Is it considered rude to suggest family members to stay at a hotel when they come to your state for a visit? My husband and I live near a "tourist-y" city. We both work full time jobs with long hours. His brother mentioned he would like to visit soon when their boys get a bit older. I...

View more questions Search