Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2022, 08:33 AM
    Almost Foamy Bubbles When Flushing Toilet ??
    Curious , Been having problems with our Toilet Flushing .. It started shortly after that Heavy Storm passed through May 21st (Derecho).. We were without power for a total pf 7 days.. Rural setting Well & Septic so we were drawing water from the Sump Hole to flush toilet.. Now when one flushes the toilet bubbles form, almost kinda foamy.. Wondering if air was trapped in the system (??) Don't know if this had any baring on the bubbles but a family member oblivious to no power to run the pump flushed toilet a couple times plus attempted to take a shower and it took a couple minutes before someone heard water running.. Thoughts & Opinions Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2022, 12:50 PM
    A few questions.

1. Does this foaming occur anywhere else, or is it just this one toilet only?
    2. Are these bubbles in the tank, the bowl, or both?
    3. Other than being peculiar, is it causing any problems for you?
    4. How did the family member flush the toilet and take a shower when there was no power to the pump?
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2022, 01:27 PM
    jlisenbe:

1. Toilet Only
    2. Bowl Only
    3. Sometimes takes a couple extra flushes to get things to cycle through properly.
    4. We have a Bell Shaped Holding Tank , stands 3' high.. Not sure just how many
    litres it holds ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2022, 01:52 PM
    I'd probably give it a couple more weeks to see if it will clear up on its own. Beyond that, I can't help but wonder if someone didn't accidentally try to flush some sort of soap bar down the toilet and it's hung up in the toilet trap. That would also explain needing to flush more than once. You'd have to pull up the toilet to find out which would not be difficult. Also might be able to snake it with a toilet snake, or try using a plunger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinks/toilet bubbles with flushing/bathtub/washer drain [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a 85 mobile home last year. For the last 6 months or so have noticed sinks and toilet bubbling with flushes or draining of the tub or washer. Has gotten worse. Nasty smell. House is on a park-maintained leach field. Help!

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Downstairs toilet bubbles and water levels goes down after flushing [ 4 Answers ]

Yesterday when running my washing machine my downstairs toilet started to gurgle and lose water in the bowl. Now today just flushing it makes the gurgling and water level go down. The toilet flushes fine and the water leavel is normal for a couple of minutes but then you hear the gurgles and can...

What causes air bubbles to come out of the siphon jet of a toilet during flushing. [ 1 Answers ]

My problem toilet sends air bubbles out of the siphon jet opening when it is flushed. I get bubbles first and then water. The bubbles disrupt the flushing action and slow it way down. The slowness of the flush seems to encourage clogs. To get a halfway decent flush I have to hold the lever down...

Frequent problems with toilet flushing. BUBBLES TOO! [ 3 Answers ]

I just moved into a home and have noticed a problem with the one and only toilet in the home (single story, crawlspace foundation). The toilet tends to need help flushing. There are occasions where it works fine, but more often than not, the water (and the contents you just left in the bowl) just...

View more questions Search