Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2022, 07:28 AM
    Clueless Joe Loves the Saudis now .
    During the campaign he said he would turn them into a pariah state .
    Well that was then .Back then the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi was on his mind and he could make an issue over the fact that Trump reaffirmed America's support for the Saudis .Trump was just going with what had been long standing policy of the US since the end of WWII. The murder of Khashoggi was not the 1st time the regime had violated human rights . But since Trump was POTUS , then anything he said had to be opposed even though for decades as a Senator Biden was either supportive or silent about US policy towards the regime . Since it was Trump saying it ,it suddenly became an evil policy that he somehow originated .

Biden and his top officials slammed Trump's lack of action against Saudi Arabia, MBS in years before taking office - CNNPolitics
    The funny thing was that as VP to the emperor ,Clueless and the emperor paid homage to the Saudi regime and gave them support perhaps greater than any US administration .

Obama administration arms sales offers to Saudi top $115 billion: report | Reuters

Trump was not making a radical departure from US policy . It was Clueless' declaration that was different .

Turns out that was just campaign rhetoric and a big lie . Oh they made a big show of adopting inconsequential sanctions when he assumed command and his Congressional allies became critics of his soft response . The Slimes was disappointed .
    Biden Won’t Penalize Saudi Crown Prince Over Khashoggi’s Killing, Fearing Relations Breach - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

November of last year Clueless approved the sale of 280 air-to-air missiles valued at up to $650 million. The Slimes noted that this was the end of the Saudi's pariah status . In fact ;he is planning on making a pilgrimage to Riyadh this month to rebuild relations .

Biden to Travel to Saudi Arabia, Ending Its ‘Pariah’ Status - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Sec State Blinken said “Saudi Arabia is a critical partner to us in dealing with extremism in the region, in dealing with the challenges posed by Iran, and also I hope in continuing the process of building relationships between Israel and its neighbors both near and further away through the continuation, the expansion of the Abraham Accords,”

Secretary Antony J. Blinken At the Foreign Affairs Magazine Centennial Celebration - United States Department of State

That just more or less echos what Trump said about the regime

It is all about the oil . Russia and Saudi Arabia are 1 and 2 in oil production Right now Russia is the enemy dujour . Both are evil But right up there in Clueless' view is the evil of US oil production. He may even think that US oil production is the bigger evil that needs to be shut down.

Biden Administration Cancels Oil Drilling Sales in Alaska and Gulf of Mexico - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

If he didn't then why would he be going ,hat in hand ,begging the Saudi's to pump baby pump ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2022, 04:16 AM
    Flashback Schmucky gets in front of a gas station price sign to complain about $3.89/gal gas . He blames Trump for having a cozy relationship with the Saudis .

Senate Dems Call on Pres. Trump to Take Action to Lower Gas Prices - YouTube

Clueless Joe is still going to go begging to Saudi Arabia even though his mouthpiece JRP claims it is not about begging for lower prices .
    Why would the Saudis help given his toxic rhetoric about them during and after the election ?
    Karine Jean-Pierre Denies Biden Will Beg Saudi Arabia For More Oil Despite Biden's Contradiction - YouTube
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2022, 04:56 AM
    seems Clueless wants more oil from anywhere except from the US.

Since the Saudi's and all of OPEC rebuffed him ,Clueless is now turning to the commie totalitarian dictator in Venezuela ,Nichols Maduro ,who is allied with Russia to bail him out of his energy policy blunders.

Mr tough guy who no one f's with
    Biden caught on hot mic: 'No one f---s with a Biden' (usatoday.com)

who took on Corn Pop
    Biden's Best Ever Story - Corn Pop Was A Bad Dude (HD) | #biden #cornpop #news - YouTube

a bad dude ; is groveling hat in hand asking dictators to make his hairy legs turn blonde again.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2022, 05:23 AM
    The OPEC decision comes at a bad time for the dems. Just when it seemed they would be able to crow about gas prices falling, OPEC reduces production and prices are beginning to rise in response to that decision. Every dime of increase costs them a boatload of votes.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2022, 02:00 AM
    The US needs to seriously look at our energy policies . Going to Venezuela with our hands out is beyond a joke.

The Venezuelan oil industry has been in a serious state of disrepair for a long time .It can never replace what we can produce .It cannot replace Russian oil on the world market .

It is also a very dirty oil. It is very heavy by world standards .
    Now consider that the US decided to not pump oil from Alberta Canada because it was dirty oil . But Clueless thinks he can get the commie dictator in Venezuela to get his dilapidated industry up and running with enough output to have any impact on the world's energy needs ?

How absurd !! Just from a geo-political standpoint it makes sense for the US to pump and refine with urgency .. We did not abandon Europe to the Russians after WW II. We helped rebuild it .It helped our allies and it helped us .

Together the US and Canada have reserves that could break any cartel of oil producers . But both countries have leaders who are utopians and think that they can force feed a carbon free economy on the world .

It is cruel that England is proposing paying people to turn the heat down in winter when we could've provided all the energy our European partners need . It is doubly cruel that people in California have to pay $100 to fill up their cars .....even though they deserve it for supporting the loons that run their state . It is absurd that Canda imports foreign oil to their east coast because Castro Jr. will not permit them to pipe it across the country .

Hey Clueless Joe ! Oil and gas production are union jobs !!! I'll quote you directly .
    "Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Joe Biden "Let me start off with two words; Made in America." - YouTube

America and Canada need to drill baby drill pump baby pump refine baby refine with the urgency that was done to create and market the covid vaccine. To do that Clueless needs to immediately invoke the Defense Production Act to get it going .

The only way a deal with Venezuela makes any sense is if Hunter Biden is on the board of directors at Venezuelan state oil company Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A.(PDVSA)

10% for the big guy
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2022, 06:30 AM
    WSJ reports that officials of the Administration begged the Saudi's to delay their decision to cut production until after the mid-terms .

Saudi Arabia Defied U.S. Warnings Ahead of OPEC+ Production Cut - WSJ

The Saudi's correctly assumed that the plea was for American domestic political reasons. Instead they leaned on fellow OPEC members to do the cuts .

The pariah has spoken.

Now the adminstration is weighing options .One of those is to suspend weapons sales . But But But you say .......isn't that what they impeached Trump for ????? suspending weapons until he got them to do his bidding.... for domestic political reasons ?????

Since the OPEC+ decision, the White House vowed to fight OPEC’s control of the energy market.
    That of course is sound policy that was being practiced by Trump before Clueless Joe gutted the domestic energy industry .
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2022, 07:22 AM
    Biden is stuck on this one. If he increases domestic energy production, he will infuriate the left. If he basically does nothing, he will look weak and feckless (which of course he is) and lose votes.
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2022, 06:44 AM
    I did not know how fare Clueless Joe would grovel to the Prince he once called a pariah who had to be sanctioned
    At Debate, Joe Biden Casts Saudi Arabia as “Pariah” (theintercept.com)

Clueless is now all in clutching at the Prince's robes begging for Saudi Oil.

The Biden administration has determined that Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman, should be granted immunity in a case brought against him by the fiancée of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, whom the administration has said was murdered at the prince’s direction.
    Jamal Khashoggi death: US determines Mohammed bin Salman is immune in case brought by journalist's fiancée | CNN Politics

This is an announcement made after the elections because even the compliant press is angry over the reversal. Khashoggi was one of their own,

Washington Post CEO Slams Biden For Giving 'License To Kill' To Saudi Crown Prince | HuffPost Latest News
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 06:15 AM
    Why would Clueless Joe rather American companies drill for oil in Venezuela than in the US ?

US provides Chevron limited authorization to pump oil in Venezuela after reaching humanitarian agreement | CNN Politics
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2022, 06:28 AM
    He can cloak it as a "humanitarian agreement". Then his lib supporters have to choose between saving the planet vs. saving people.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 06:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Why would Clueless Joe rather American companies drill for oil in Venezuela than in the US ?

US provides Chevron limited authorization to pump oil in Venezuela after reaching humanitarian agreement | CNN Politics
    Read the link you posted. It was for humanitarian reasons. Good move, Joe.
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2022, 07:00 AM
    Right on cue.
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 07:02 AM
    "humanitarian agreement"

What that means is that in exchange Maduro is promising to negotiate free and fair elections in talks with the opposition in Mexico City.

That is a low bar even for Quid Pro Joe .

Guv Abbot in Texas should declare himself to be a dictator for life despot . Then maybe Quid would allow Texas to drill .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2022, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    "humanitarian agreement"

What that means is that in exchange Maduro is promising to negotiate free and fair elections in talks with the opposition in Mexico City.
    Read it again.
    Uber Member

Nov 29, 2022, 07:17 AM
    This is the entire, 6 paragraph article. Perhaps someone can point to anything genuinely specific about what humanitarian measures will be taken. The two underlined sentences, non-specific though they are, do seem to support Tom's contention.

The US has granted Chevron limited authorization to resume pumping oil from Venezuela following the announcement Saturday that the Venezuelan government and the opposition group have reached an agreement on humanitarian relief and will continue to negotiate for a solution to the country’s chronic economic and political crisis, including a focus on the 2024 elections.

A senior Biden administration official described Saturday’s announcements as “important steps in the right direction,” but noted that there is still much to be done as both parties work toward a more permanent solution to the ongoing crisis. The official also highlighted the license’s limited nature saying that they do not expect this to have a tangible impact on international oil prices and that the move is intended as an inducement for the negotiations – not a reaction to high global oil prices.

The Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control on Saturday issued Venezuela General License 41, which authorizes Chevron to “resume limited natural resource extraction operations in Venezuela,” according to a news release from the Treasury Department. This is a 6-month license, and the US can revoke it at any time. Additionally, any profits earned will go to repaying debt to Chevron and not to the Maduro regime, according to the senior official, and states that the US government will continue to require significant reporting by Chevron on its financial operations.

“GL 41 authorizes activity related to Chevron’s joint ventures in Venezuela only, and does not authorize other activity with PdVSA. Other Venezuela-related sanctions and restrictions imposed by the United States remain in place; the United States will vigorously enforce these sanctions and will continue to hold accountable any actor that engages in corruption, violates U.S. laws, or abuses human rights in Venezuela,” the release said. PdVSA is the state-owned Venezuelan oil and gas company.

Chevron CEO Mike Wirth told Bloomberg TV earlier this year that if there was a thaw that it would take months and years to refurbish their oil fields in the country and that there “wouldn’t be an instantaneous” effect on oil production.

If the Venezuelan regime continues to take concrete steps toward reaching a negotiated solution, then future targeted sanctions relief is possible, according to the official.
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2022, 05:10 AM
    The energy policy of Clueless Joe is incoherent . His chief energy advisor Amos Hochstein described the refusal of the country's shale investors to ramp up drilling as "un-American" .

"I think that the idea that financiers would tell companies in the United States not to increase production and to buy back shares and increase dividends when the profits are at all-time highs is outrageous," the White House's chief energy adviser told the FT, adding, "It is not only un-American, it is so unfair to the American public".

U.S. energy envoy Hochstein calls investor hostility to shale drilling "un-American," Financial Times reports | Reuters

Clueless and his minions have made it clear that there will be no more drilling on American soil . Here is a clue to Hochstein and Clueless ; when a company cannot invest ,they give dividends to their investors . It is not that they don't want to drill. They have been prevented from doing so. Clueless pulled back all the leases on Federal lands that were attractive for exploration and only makes leases to areas that would be unproductive. Then he says the lands are available for leasing .

What is un-American is Clueless preventing American energy companies producing American energy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clueless Joe only loves Pipelines that help Russia [ 1 Answers ]

He shut down the Keystone pipeline on his 1st day in office killing thousands of US jobs . He then reversed sanctions on the Nord Stream II pipeline making Russians like Putin richer . Now in an effort to both make Russia richer ;the Eurogreenies more dependent of Russian energy ;and to...

He says he loves you but he dating another girl whom he tells he loves her [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend whom we have dated for 4 years, 4 months ago we broke up because of this girl whom I found he was talking to and the girl was saying that he was pregnant for him of which he was lying. He did sleep with her though. We broke up and now 4 months later, my x comes back and start...

I have doubt about my girlfriend still loves her ex, but I know that she loves me too [ 0 Answers ]

We have been dating for 5 months. I love her too much and I know she loves me. But before me, there was a guy who made my girlfriend suffer for 6 years. They broke up 6 years before, and my girlfriend was sending her messages for last 5-6 years as a habit. After we start to date, I saw her checking...

A girl says me that she loves me but at the same time she loves another person also [ 2 Answers ]

A girl says me that she loves me very much but one day I discovered that she is in love with another boy also. What should I do ?

Hey found an article about first loves and loves in my local paper, might interest you! [ 2 Answers ]

Love Story (from Bournemouth Echo) Might interest you, :P Nothing amazing but its sweet, a book is listed there some may be interetsed in.

View more questions Search