Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ConcFour1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2022, 05:00 AM
    Received 2 Emails Garble De Gooped ??
    Use Windows 10 Edge.... I received 2 emails , one from a Personal Friend the other was a Notification from a Business.. They both started out fine but after the first paragraph it was all letters & numbers not making one bit of sense.. Thoughts & Ideas Appreciated, Cheers Thanks
    RandomPerson36 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 11, 2022, 01:54 PM
    Hi ConcFour1,

I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but here are a few ideas:

1. Try opening your inbox in a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.) instead of Edge if you can. Sometimes Edge does not display certain stuff correctly and leaves things in binary data or HTML coding, though I'm not sure whether the letters and numbers you're seeing are a type of coding or not. Maybe you can provide a screenshot of what exactly you're seeing?

2. Since you're able to read the first paragraphs of the emails, maybe the senders were trying to send you additional non-text items, like files? And maybe the files weren't displayed/converted correctly? You could try replying to your friend to figure out what they were trying to communicate to you and whether they can resend their email in chunks (i.e., plain text in one email and the file/unknown stuff in a reply) or if there was a file, upload it to a drive/cloud and share it that way? Not sure how close you are with the business though to ask something like that.

3. Was it just those two emails that were garbled up, or are all the emails in your inbox like that? If it's just the two, you could go to your settings and try resyncing your inbox to see if that solves the issue (maybe your inbox wasn't synced when it first received the emails)? If it's all your emails, however, it might be a bigger problem. Maybe there's an issue with the email provider itself, which leads to my last idea.

4. What email provider (Gmail, Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, etc.) are you using? Sometimes things can happen on the providers' ends when using anything on the internet (servers can go down, a break in the code may occur, etc.). If you have an alternate email address, maybe you can ask your friend and the business to resend their emails to that address to see if the problem's still there? This may not solve the original issue, but at least you'll know what those emails said if they're readable in the alternate email inbox.

Hope some of these ideas help, or at least get you going in the right direction!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ears started ringing loudly my left eye had black spots. And my hearing was garble [ 3 Answers ]

My ears started ringing. My left eye had black spots in vision my hearing was garbled. Lasted about 20 min

How do I increase font size on screen in emails received on an apple mac [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to make my emails easier to read on an applemac the fonts are too small

Printer prints garble [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4215v All in one printer. When I set it up on a different computer, it worked fine. When I set it up on my laptop, it seems to print out some type of encrpyted code versus printing out what I want it to print. Even when I press Print Preview, it does the same. It seems to work fine in...

View more questions Search