Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2022, 10:58 AM
    I didn't say no due process.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2022, 11:32 AM
    I would place the highest standards of burden of proof on the accusers . I suspect instead ,the definition of who or what is deemed dangerous will be expanded .

I even have my doubts about the constitutionality of the Federal Government making this law . The Federal policing powers are limited and defined in the constitution in a way that the States aren't restricted . That is why some states have passed red flag laws . This is most likely unconstitutional over reach . The game played lately is that they know it is unconstitutional and pass it anyway knowing the law will eventually be overturned .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2022, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I would place the highest standards of burden of proof on the accusers .
    Until an accused shoots up your outdoor church picnic or your church's VBS classes or your town's 4th of July parade.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2022, 01:05 PM
    I didn't say no due process.
    When you posted, "That person should be an M.D., PsyD, PhD in psych or a related field, a social worker or counselor with a Master's and qualifications in the field of mental health," it seemed you were suggesting these people could be the decision maker rather than simply witnesses. Evidently I misread that.

Until an accused shoots up your outdoor church picnic or your church's VBS classes or your town's 4th of July parade.
    Most churches and parades have armed security which was shown to be very effective in the West Freeway Church incident. That we do not give our schools that same protection is insane.
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2022, 01:10 PM
    The game played lately is that they know it is unconstitutional and pass it anyway knowing the law will eventually be overturned .
    Playing to impress the loyal supporters.
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2022, 03:44 AM
    Back to topic .....

AG Merrick Garland said that he’s watching the committee hearings. "And I can assure you that the Jan. 6 prosecutors are watching all the hearings.”
    As I have asserted; the Dems plan to criminalize political opposition.

Garland is much like Clueless Joe ;the public face presented by the puppet masters .In his case the power in the DOJ is with Matthew Graves, the U.S. attorney for DC, and Deputy AG Lisa Monaco, an emperor loyalist . As stated above ;the DOJ is working hand in glove with the kangaroo court . The timing of charges to coincide with the public hearings confirm this . Proud Boys were charged 3 days before the prime time snooze fest . Rep Ryan Kelly was charged the same day as the Prime time horse and pony show .The Feds knew for months Kelly's non-violent role . But they waited until the day of the hearings to charge him.

This ls all leading to the committee's biased report scheduled to be released in September ;a few weeks before the mid-term elections . You can preorder it now on Amazon.

The January 6th Report: The Report of the Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol: Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the US Capitol, Beattie, Darren: 9781510775084: Amazon.com: Books

You can be assured that more high level prosecutions will be announced in the lead up to the elections .​
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2022, 04:25 AM
    This ls all leading to the committee's biased report scheduled to be released in September ;a few weeks before the mid-term elections . You can preorder it now on Amazon.
    The rank politicization of this whole thing is nauseating. I think the American people are on to them now and will "reward" them for their uselessness with a great red wave come November. Out with the scoundrels!
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2022, 05:26 AM
    Having watched parts of the public hearings ,my best guess is that they want to charge Trump with being a jerk. They want the public to know this before the mid-terms . Conspiracy to obstruct Congress by challenging certification ? No. Members of the committee challenged both GW Bush and Trump's certifications . They need to show beyond a doubt that Trump planned the riot and supported it once it began . Neither happened. He also offered Nation Guard assistance 4 days before the riot .Was his speech before the riot reckless ? Possibly . That would not be criminal.

Sedition and conspiracy ? Trump made a stupid comment in a debate to the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by" . That is the basis for them to think he led a coup plot. The committee has yet to show any link between this group or other groups and Trump except for the misguided perception that some of the rioters had where they claim Trump told them to do it .
    The most damning thing against Trump is that he evidently knew that in reality he had lost the election and still went ahead with legal attempts to decertify it .

What happened in the election of 2020 is similar to the chaos of the election of 1800.Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution says that each state is empowered to determine its own method of choosing electors for the presidential election.Alexander Hamilton saw that as an opportunity to steal the election from Thomas Jefferson.He wrote a letter to NY Guv John Jay.Hamilton urged Jay to call a special session of the lame-duck Federalist New York Legislature to change the method of choosing New York’s electors so that the newly elected Jefferson dominated Republican Legislature would not be able to select a Jefferson slate.

I am aware that there are weighty objections to the measure; but the reasons for it appear to me to outweigh the objections. And in times like these in which we live, it will not do to be overscrupulous. It is easy to sacrifice the substantial interests of society by a strict adherence to ordinary rules.

From Alexander Hamilton to John Jay, 7 May 1800 (archives.gov)

Winning at all cost was more important than strict adherence to the rules.

Jay despised Jefferson but would not do as Hamilton suggested .

When the electoral count went into chaos and it looked like Aaron Burr might win; Hamilton did what he could to ensure a Jefferson victory .
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:21 AM
    Bread and Circuses continued yesterday with perhaps the most entertaining session yet.

A 20 something aid to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows gave a performance that is right up there with Adam Schiffhead's fictional recounting of Trump's phone call with the Ukraine President .

She made 3 charges

The 1st and most plausible was that he threw his lunch against the wall. I'm sure someone will collaborate that , The unconfirmed rumor was that he was aiming at Rudy and missed .(ok that part was made up )

The 2nd charge was Trump was told by Secret Service that there were heavily armed people in attendance at the Jan 6 rally and Trump cursed and said he did not care because they were his people .
    Was any heavy weapons used by the rioters at the Capitol ? Pepper spray is the worse I have heard was used . Some make shift weapons were flag poles ,and bike racks that were intended to barricade the Capitol from the rioters . No rifles were used by the rioters . The only gun shot I know us was in the execution of Ashley Babbitt.

The 3rd and most fantastic claim is that Trump assaulted his Secret Service detail in the Presidential limo . The claim is that he wanted to go to the Capitol and his guard told him it was too dangerous .At that point the narrative went he said

“I’m the f- - -ing president, take me up the Capitol now.” Then he had reached up to the front of the vehicle to try to grab the steering wheel. Robert Engel, the head of Trump’s security detail, grabbed his arm and said, “Sir, you need to take your hand off the steering wheel. We’re going back to the West Wing. We’re not going to the Capitol.” With his free hand, Trump “lunged” at Engel and Ornato gestured toward his clavicles, suggesting Trump went for Engel’s throat.

Cassidy Hutchinson Testimony: The Most Explosive Revelations (nymag.com)

This is the problem with kangaroo courts and show trials . A witness like this needs to be cross examined .

The limo affectionately called 'The Beast ' has a safety glass separation between the driver and the passenger compartment . But Trump would've had the ability to lower the glass.

.Reportedly both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limo driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted ,and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:45 AM
    As I understand it, Cassidy Hutchinson was not even in the "beast", so her testimony is strictly second hand. It would not be allowed in a court. In kangaroo courts, however, all sorts of things are allowed.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:52 AM
    Her testimony about various people doing a CYA request for a Presidential pardon was presumably 1st hand . I also assume she witnessed Trump tossing a burger .
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:56 AM
    If throwing food and receiving requests for questionable pardons is all they have, then it's been a complete waste of money.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:57 AM
    “Tony Ornato is denying that he told Cassidy Hutchinson Trump grabbed the steering wheel in presidential vehicle on 1/6 or lunged at a fellow agent, a USSS official tells @joshscampbell. CNN confirms that Ornato & Enger are prepared to testify that neither incident occurred.“
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2022, 04:58 AM
    All of which puts a huge question mark on the entirety of Hutchinson's testimony. It also reveals why second hand testimony should not be allowed and why cross examination is essential.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2022, 08:43 AM
    Of course it occurred!!! It is a PERFECT example of Trump's toddler personality that was in grand view that day and on so many other occasions. The guys are just trying to save their trumpian necks.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 11:44 AM
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2022, 12:32 PM
    He was in the backseat of the SUV (not limo) and hanging over the front seat, trying to grab the steering wheel.

Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 01:00 PM
    and you know this because a 23 year old aid to his former Chief of Staff heard it 3rd hand ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2022, 01:02 PM
    No, because that's what he uses to travel in unless it's official.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2022, 01:08 PM
    According to her testimony ,Trump grabbed at the wheel of a car driven by a trained Secret Service Agent so he could lead armed insurrectionists into the Capitol presumably to hang Mike Pence . You don't see how implausibly ridiculous that sounds?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Is nam bread spicy? [ 2 Answers ]

Debate what you all think about pepper on pitta bread thanks x

Calories in bread [ 3 Answers ]

Is white slice bread or brown whole wheat slice bread more in calories? How many calories does one slice of white bread have and one slice of brown bread have?

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

Banana bread [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please give me a recipe for banana bread without american weights and without nuts I have had one and lost it thanks -chryssie

View more questions Search