Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2022, 04:59 AM
    Clueless has been attacking oil and gas companies for the high prices at the pump. He tweeted something that sounded like either a threat or a directive for them to "Bring down the price you are charging at the pump to reflect the cost you’re paying for the product. And do it now."

Well that did not sit well with lefty founder of Amazon and the owner of the Compost Jeff Bezos .

In a responding tweet he commented that Clueless is either lying or just doesn't understand basic market economics .

Jeff Bezos on Twitter: "Ouch. Inflation is far too important a problem for the White House to keep making statements like this. It’s either straight ahead misdirection or a deep misunderstanding of basic market dynamics." / Twitter

This is the 2nd time recently that Bezos has taken Clueless to task. He went after the WH when it was suggested by Clueless that the cure for inflation was “Let’s make sure the wealthiest corporations pay their fair share.”

Bezos responded that the new Disinformation Board should investigate the Clueless tweet .

Jeff Bezos on Twitter: "The newly created Disinformation Board should review this tweet, or maybe they need to form a new Non Sequitur Board instead. Raising corp taxes is fine to discuss. Taming inflation is critical to discuss. Mushing them together is just misdirection." / Twitter

Appears that Clueless is losing the support of his big corporate backers as he tries to blame shift his failures .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2022, 07:01 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of gas fall fifty cents or so by November. That would allow Biden to run around saying, "The price of gas is falling!" The non-thinkers will snap it up and feel that he has done them a favor. More thoughtful people will remember the price on gas on 1/6/21.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2022, 08:02 AM
    yes as well as 3rd and 4th qtr stock rebound before the recession after the holiday shopping season. Then again...it could be too late . With rising interest rates ,the average cost of financing a new car is $700 /month That means that the economy can't rely on new car sales this year .

The price at the pump has already dropped from the high here is SC . But I think even with a recession ;the price of crude on the market won't go below $80 /bbl

Clueless dug his own grave. All he did for years was spew the emperor line about destroying the fossil fuel industry . Now he wants them to drill ,drill ,drill ....refine ,refine ,refine
    But there has been no long term investment in the infrastructure because of the kill the industry rhetoric . So there is no quick solution to the price beyond the failed policy of the 70s with government control on prices .....with all the fallout to follow .
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2022, 08:13 AM
    I read somewhere (here??) that we have not built a new refinery since the early 80's. It's just ridiculous. The feds are just killing us.
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2022, 08:52 AM
    last one of any significance(200,000 barrels a day) was 1977 . There were smaller ones of the 35,000 -60,000 capacity built since . And of course we have stopped buiiding pipelines to and from the refineries .
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2022, 11:00 AM
    I have often thought that our biggest problem here is that we look at Venezuela and think that won't happen to us, so we have these polly-annish ideas about pipelines and petroleum reserves that are not based in reality. We don't value what we have or properly appreciate it. The latest silliness about the supposed dozens of genders just reflects our aversion to actual truth.
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2022, 06:39 AM
    WH Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre informed us yesterday that the economy is the best in all of history. Is there no end to the lying? That one is just breath-taking.
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2022, 07:08 AM
    88% of the people disagree. But I guess is that if your ONLY measure of the economy is the huge number of people living off of Biden monopoly bucks ;who have not returned or entered the job force, then yeah the unemployment figures low.

Of course their Biden bucks aren't buying as many pairs of PJs as they used to do with inflation (with rigged numbers from previous calculating methods ) at a 40 + year high . Stock markert crashing and GDP numbers indicating that we are either in recession or on the verge of it must be another indicator of a "best economy " .

Me; I continue to belt tighten hoping against hope that I will not need to reenter the work force.

Oh wait . I get it . The Biden Crime family is doing better than ever .Economic success must mean you sell millions of barrels of strategic reserve gas to Chinese companies that Hunter Biden has ties to.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2022, 04:07 AM
    Here is the truth about jobs. The economy shed 22 million jobs during unnecessary covid lock downs . It recovered 12.5 million of those under Trump . Since then the economy recovered 9 million more . 500,000 + less than pre-covid peaks . Clueless claims that his $2 trillion monopoly money giveaway helped , In fact it has slowed down job recovery as potential workers are still living off of the gimmees . Many of these gimmees are still in place like expanded food stamps (doubled since pandemic ) without work requirements .

In that time the potential work force of Americans becoming work age has increased by 4 million + .
    So why do the unemployment stats look so low ? Because potential workers are not looking for work. If all the unemployed were counted then the unemployment #s would be over 5% .

Even worse ;there are 11million + jobs available that are not filled .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    during unnecessary covid lock downs .
    C'mon, tomder. We had no clue how contagious and even deadly covid was. The lockdowns were done out of an abundance of caution about an unknown disease for which much conflicting info was thrown around.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2022, 08:48 AM
    Even worse ;there are 11million + jobs available that are not filled .
    So absurd. The dems are reluctant to cut unemployment benefits since, after all, those are their voters.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 09:42 AM
    My friend with an MBA finally got a job making tacos.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2022, 10:08 AM
    He needs to have two jobs making tacos. The keys are to work hard, get along with people, control your mouth, and maintain a good attitude. Everyone is looking for those kind of people. Self-pity and a grandiose estimation of self are the killers.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 10:26 AM
    Companies aren't hiring MBAs, don't want to pay out that much salary and screw up their bottom line.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2022, 12:13 PM
    Of course they are hiring MBAs. They hire them all the time, but evidently not frequently enough to benefit your friend. So become a Taco Bell general manager. Work hard at it. Life frequently passes out nasty surprises, but there are still hundreds of great opportunities out there. I don't feel sorry for anyone in this job market today.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 12:27 PM
    Apparently you're not job hunting.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2022, 12:37 PM
    if he can't find a job with an MBA then he is not trying .

Corporate profits soared . Major corps are always hiring financial managers . Human Resources is a growing field that hires MBAs because companies have to balance HR needs and budgets . MBA trained management consultants are all over the landscape. Marketing managers ? They easily pull in 6 digit incomes . Health care ? is an ever expanding industry that require business managers .

I don't buy that anyone with a master degress in any field has to settle for a taco house .

if he can't find a job with an MBA then he is not trying .

Corporate profits soared . Major corps are always hiring financial managers . Human Resources is a growing field that hires MBAs because companies have to balance HR needs and budgets . MBA trained management consultants are all over the landscape. Marketing managers ? They easily pull in 6 digit incomes . Health care ? is an ever expanding industry that require business managers .
    Logistics ? with the supply chain the way it is most companies need managers .

I don't buy that anyone with a master degress in any field has to settle for a taco house .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 01:06 PM
    He has been hard at work job hunting. I helped him write a resume, cover letters, and helped him job hunt. (I used to have a resume business along with my counseling business, ran seminars and workshops.) He was well prepared.
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2022, 01:35 PM
    I helped him write a resume, cover letters, and helped him job hunt.
    Perhaps we have discovered the problem??

If i had to take a wild guess, I'd guess that the number of MBAs making tacos for a living is pretty slim. He would possibly have to move, but if he is competent, then he can get a job.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 11, 2022, 01:57 PM
    The problem is where he lives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to reintroduce Whippoorwills to a rural area? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I reintroduce Whippoorwills to this rural area? I've searched the internet and can't seem to find eggs for sale or any baby whippoorwills either. I remember their night songs from my childhood and I'm not sure where they went, but I'd like to bring them back.

What is a flexible whip or nm cable [ 2 Answers ]

Installing new light over sink. Has direct connection, but also has switch on light. Will not work . What is a flexible whip or nm cable

Songs with words( whip it) [ 2 Answers ]

Maybe 20 30 years ago more disoish

Electrical whip? [ 14 Answers ]

Greetings, I am connecting an electric heater in my garage that requires #6 gauge wire on a 60 amp double pole breaker. I want to use a whip from the disconnect to the heater, which is a distance of about 4 ft simply for the flexibility. My problem is that I can't find a 6 gauge whip. Are these...

Whip Lash? [ 1 Answers ]

Can whip lash be seriouse/ Should I got get it looked at if I have whip lash?

View more questions Search