Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2022, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    A ban on the sale of "assault weapons" will do very little.
    Which countries have no gun violence, mass shootings? Why not?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2022, 11:49 AM
    Israel has no school shootings. They have armed security at every school.

Switzerland has very little gun violence despite the fact that most of the homes have an assault weapon in the house. Out of wedlock birth rate is 20% compared to 35% here.

I'd still love to know what liberal dems (or liberal repubs) propose to do in order to make any really serious difference in gun violence. A ban on the sale of "assault weapons" will do very little.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2022, 11:53 AM
    England/the UK? Canada? India? Vietnam?
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2022, 11:54 AM
    You answer my question and I'll answer yours.

I'd still love to know what liberal dems (or liberal repubs) propose to do in order to make any really serious difference in gun violence. A ban on the sale of "assault weapons" will do very little.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2022, 12:20 PM
    More than 50 people killed in 'vile and satanic' attack on Nigerian Catholic Church

https://www.foxnews.com/world/dozens...igerian-church
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2022, 12:26 PM
    I'm not a liberal anything.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2022, 01:46 PM
    Yeah. You're a lib. And one who doesn't care to answer serious questions.

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2022, 02:24 PM
    No, I'm not. Are you being confrontational again to drive me away? It's working. Please stick to the discussion.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2022, 02:27 PM
    There is no discussion since you are unwilling to answer questions and insist upon denying a most obvious truth. If you really want a discussion, then here is the question for the fourth time. I altered it somewhat to make you more comfortable.

I'd still love to know what Wondergirl proposes to do in order to make any really serious difference in gun violence. A ban on the sale of "assault weapons" will do very little.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2022, 02:40 PM
    WG has no say in the matter.

My adult son was watching "Duncanville" (an adult animated sitcom) last night. Duncan (age 15) and his younger sibs, along with other children, enjoyed (!!!!!) time at "Teen Zone" where the kids played laser tag, shooting at each other with fake guns.

I almost threw up.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2022, 06:08 PM
    From the Babylon Bee.

Name:  emperor.JPG
Views: 40
Size:  80.9 KB
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2022, 07:31 PM
    I guess I should point out that the cartoon has to do with the inaccurate comments by Biden and nothing to do with the tragedy at Uvalde.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2022, 05:40 AM
    From recent polling.

In light of taking potential gun control measures to protect schools, 62 percent said that they are in favor of having armed guards stationed at all schools, while 51 percent said they support giving teachers and school administrators the "option of being armed at school."
    The Economist/YouGov poll, which surveyed 1,500 American adults between May 28 and 31, found that 51 percent agree with the statement that "school shootings are a mental health problem, not a guns problem."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2022, 05:05 AM
    Bringing the Repub surrender on Red Flag laws back to a gun related posting .

Turns out the deal may be dead . There is disagreement about Gun Confiscation Orders (GCOs) .

Gun deal in jeopardy after senators fail to agree on text - The Washington Post

Yeah text . Hastily written feel good legislation frequently have bad text that turns well intentioned into an assault on the rights of the law abiding .
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2022, 04:06 AM
    "There's compelling evidence that the law enforcement response to the attack at Robb Elementary was an abject failure and antithetical to everything we've learned over the last two decades since the Columbine massacre"

"Three minutes after the subject entered the west building, there was a sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor to isolate, distract, and neutralize the subject."

"The only thing stopping the hallway of dedicated officers from entering room 111 and 112 was the on-scene commander who decided to place the lives of officers before the lives of children"

"The officers had weapons, the children had none," "The officers had body armor, the children had none. The officers had training, the subject had none."

"One hour, 14 minutes, and 8 seconds — that's how long the children waited, and the teachers waited, in room 111 to be rescued,". "And while they waited, the on-scene commander waited for a radio, and rifles, then he waited for shields, then he waited for SWAT. Lastly, he waited for a key that was never needed,"

"The post-Columbine doctrine is clear, and compelling, and unambiguous," "Stop the killing, stop the dying."

(Testimony by Steve McCraw, the director of Texas' Department of Public Safety to a special Texas Senate committee yesterday )
    ting Response an "Abject Failure" | C-SPAN.org
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2022, 04:26 AM
    There were many mistakes made, the propped-open door being one of the biggest.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2022, 04:58 AM
    14 Repubs sign on to the new .improved compromise of gun rights bill. It looks like they made a lame attempt to protect due process . But if falls short of a guarantee of 2nd Amendment rights .

From the text there must be at a minimum ;

pre-deprivation and post deprivation due process rights that prevent any violation or infringement of the Constitution of the United States, including but not limited to the Bill of Rights, and the substantive or procedural due process rights guaranteed under the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution of the United States, as applied to the States, and as interpreted by State courts and United States courts (including the Supreme Court of the United States). Such programs must include, at the appropriate phase to prevent any violation of constitutional rights, at minimum, notice, the right to an in-person hearing, an unbiased adjudicator, the right to know opposing evidence, the right to present evidence, and the right to confront adverse witnesses;

OLL22583 (senate.gov)

(It is 80 pages long in legalese text . Good luck reading it and all the references to other laws . )

The bill insists on the right to council .But the government doesn't have to pay . In other words ,most of the people flagged for red flag restrictions will probably not have the financial means to pay for their own lawyer . But without the means to get a lawyer to help defend rights ;rights barely exist . That is why it is specified in Miranda that if someone can't afford a lawyer that the government will provide one . To me this is a key weakness in this bill.

The bill also allows for the unsealing of juvenal records of those applying for a gun under the age of 21 . I think that is an acceptable compromise .
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2022, 04:29 AM
    Recent mass shootings, including those at a Texas elementary school and a New York supermarket, have renewed public attention on President Joe Biden’s views on gun control. An array of recent Facebook posts are spotlighting one quote in particular from decades ago.

“During my twelve-and-a-half years as a member of this body, I have never believed that additional gun control or federal registration of guns would reduce crime,” read part of a quote attributed to then-Sen. Biden in a June 7 Facebook post that was shared more than 1,500 times in less than a week. Other versions of the claim spread widely across the social media platform.

Biden did make this comment during debate over gun legislation in a 1985 Senate floor session. He has gone on to advocate for gun control measures including a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/fact...220318331.html
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2022, 04:44 AM
    Over the course of 5 decades of public service incompetence you can find he has made contradictory statements on most positions he has taken. My all time favorite one was about not needing semi-automatic rifles because double barrel shotguns are more of a deterrence. They make louder blasts . Fire two blasts into the air .He allegedly gave this advice to Jill Biden . A double barrel shotgun has one heck of a recoil. It would probably dislocate her shoulder .
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2022, 04:51 AM
    Career politician. Say what makes the most people happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elementary statistics [ 1 Answers ]

1. Construct a confidence interval to be used for testing the claim college students have a mean greater than 100 and you want the test conducted with a 0.01 significance level. What is the level for the confidence interval?

Elementary math [ 1 Answers ]

2+2=

Elementary homework [ 1 Answers ]

How may ways could you order exactly 40 light bulbs

Elementary Education [ 3 Answers ]

Call anyone tell me all they know about Elementary Education? Please it is for a project thank you. :)

View more questions Search