Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Australian1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2022, 01:32 PM
    boyfriends daughter not invited me to wedding - how can I feel better about it ?
    Been with boyfriend 6 years - he lived with me when their mother died . I looked after his little boy for a year and for a time after when they moved out . His eldest has always appeared to be ok with me but at xmas he lost his temper and I had 2 black eyes . O contacted her the night it happened but upset , she has since said she thought I was exagerrating - she never saw my face . At the time she gave me a lecture as i was sitting here with 2 black eyes for involving the younger lad with mine and her dads problems . Her dad had been verbally abusive before the incident leading up to it in the weeks before and I tried to explain my side , then following the incident the door bell rang and I did not know it was little boy and I answered and he saw the state of my face so she had a go at me for answering the door . He never came to mine since they moved out 5 years ago . I practically lived at theirs but came home when this incident happened . The police were involved the daughter said she didnt blame me for reporting it at the time . I was bit in shock on my own at home after the incident , the police went to arrest him and I had to message her to tell her to get the little boy out of the way . This was a week after and she had a go at me telling me to f off wierdo . Now she doesnt want me at her wedding saying I go on at people and I once approached her mothers friends son on the street asking him about her dads and mums relationship - not true .. i was out with dogs and said oh you are so and so s son you knew so and so sort of thing . Anyway I get questioned by him re this and told what his daughter is saying as reasons for not wanting me a t he wedding . I walked away from this man for 3 months had no desire to go back , was scared . I feel like I let myself down now been back there , plus all this now with his kids . apart from walkiing away , how do I feel better about not been invted to her wedding . I mean really why should I want to be there after all of this ? They are all talking about the wedding , their outfits , I was asked if I was going by friends .. none of it doing me any good , affecting him and me as I dont want to sleep with him , cant just move over it all , its been hard enough forgiving and getting back on track .. can you advise how I can pick myself up out of this and not let it all get to me re the wedding un invite . .

Check out some similar questions!

Not invited to nephew's wedding [ 3 Answers ]

My nephew is getting married in a week at a winery. I was very close to him all of his life. His mother was my best friend for about 10 years... our friendship always bugged my brother. Well, 6 years ago my sister n law (the wife of my husbands brother)who I had been best friends with for 12 years...

Everyone invited to cousin's wedding except me and my husband [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter and her family and me and my husband live together. She and I were both invited to my cousin's bridal shower. We were unable to attend as young children were not invited. Gifts were sent with another member of the family. Everyone in the family received a wedding invitation,...

Not invited to best friend's wedding - not sure how to handle it [ 12 Answers ]

My best friend of almost 15 years recently became engaged. We have been there for each other through many ups and downs. She was invited to and attended my small destination wedding (10 people invited) four years ago. Over the last year and a half we have grown apart somewhat as I have relocated...

Do they expect a wedding gift? We weren't invited. [ 11 Answers ]

Please help this has happened three times to us in the last few months. Friend or coworker calls up on the phone to share the news that they have gotten married. Great, OK, but in one guy's case I didn't even know he was engaged until after he called. Are they somehow trying to get wedding gifts...

Invited to Shower, not Wedding [ 7 Answers ]

HI.. My nephew is getting married soon, and unfortunately a lot of people are feeling hurt by the choices that are being made. The bride is planning on inviting people to a shower but not to the wedding. Does this seem odd to anyone else? I love my nephew very much and want them to be very happy,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.