Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 20, 2022, 04:53 AM
    It's classic liberal dem strategy. First, by throwing open the southern border, they essentially import millions of what they perceive will become liberal dem voters, and then they play the race card against anyone who points that out. The know that the greater part of the media will play along with them in enticing the non-thinking crowd to accept that charge.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2022, 10:43 AM
    Why wouldn't southern border immigrants become Republican voters?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2022, 11:16 AM
    You would have to ask the Dems that . They are the ones who made that presumption That it has been part of their strategy to build a permanent Dem majority is undeniable It wasn't the Repubs using that rhetoric .It was the Dems

The Emerging Democratic Majority | Book by John B. Judis, Ruy Teixeira | Official Publisher Page | Simon & Schuster (simonandschuster.com)

Their argument rests on the assumption that immigration, legal and illegal, will swell the ranks of Democrat voters and hasten the inevitable emergence of a permanent Democratic majority. But that was 2013 . It is not looking so promising anymore .
    A Permanent Democratic Majority? | RealClearPolitics
    Uber Member

May 20, 2022, 12:14 PM
    Why wouldn't southern border immigrants become Republican voters?
    I think they will ask themselves three questions.

1. Who let us cross the border illegally with no repurcusions?
    2. Who, after letting us cross, changed endlessly about the need to give us a "path to citizenship?"
    3. Who opened up the largesse of welfare programs to us?

They will see it in their best interest to vote dem.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 20, 2022, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Here is my search result. It is not supportive of your cause.

https://www.bing.com/search?PC=MQ03&...9D&FORM=MQ03DF
    Obviously, you don't understand how bing works.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 05:33 AM
    I have no doubt I could learn some things about search engines, but it also strikes me that finding SOMETHING is far preferable to finding NOTHING. At any rate you have, at present, no promised legal opinion. There was a wild tale you told last week, and now this week you have a supposed quote that doesn't even support your case to begin with and a startling, and yet predictable, inability to find said quote. So it just seems to have not been a good month for you.

The life of a liberal dem is hard. I sincerely wish you better luck next time. Developing a high regard for the truth would be a good start.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 09:29 AM
    I'm a Republican -- ever since I first registered at age 18. Probably because I'm a PK, I'm a NICE and LOVING (Jesus said "love one another") Republican.

I'm so tired of your whining and unwillingness to do your own search. Here's one of many links:

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...acist-violence
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 09:48 AM
    Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck...

As to the rest, congratulations on finding...nothing. Here is the relevant portion of your "link to nowhere".

In particular, Tucker Carlson, Fox News’ most popular personality, has pushed false views that are more easily embraced by some white people who are concerned about a loss of their political and social power.
    Sheer political speculation fueled, I imagine, by fear and hatred. BTW, I would love to know what "false views" they are referring to.

“I know that the left and all the gatekeepers on Twitter become literally hysterical if you use the term ‘replacement,’ if you suggest the Democratic Party is trying to replace the current electorate, the voters now casting ballots, with new people, more obedient voters from the Third World,” he said on his show last year. “But they become hysterical because that’s what’s happening, actually, let’s just say it. That’s true.”
    Note that the word "white" is nowhere to be found in that quote. What TC said is clearly, patently true.

A study of five years’ worth of Carlson’s show by The New York Times found 400 instances where he talked about Democratic politicians and others seeking to force demographic change through immigration.
    Gasp! TC was telling the truth and did so on 400 occasions??? What a white racist he is!!

You see, this is how we know you are a liberal dem. Liberal dems frequently read what is plainly true and, in an effort to make an end-run around it, begin changing the subject. You have pegged yourself.

Now if you can apologize for the wild tale you told last week and give us that much promised legal opinion, then you will have made some progress.

I do have a question for you. Black Americans routinely encourage black voter participation in efforts aimed ONLY at black Americans. They provide rides, gather ballots, run TV commercials, and do other activities in an effort at getting out the black vote. Now I have no problem with that, but if it's OK for black Americans to want to enhance their political leverage, then why would it be wrong if white Americans did the same thing? As your article put it, "some white people who are concerned about a loss of their political and social power." Is it unusual for groups to want to maintain political or social power? Not saying that is what is happening, but would it be wrong?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 10:34 AM
    Is it unusual for groups to want to maintain political or social power? Not saying that is what is happening, but would it be wrong?
    It isn't unusual but it's wrong. We're all in this together and must work together in order to have the best life. E.g., I spent Thursday at a hospital, getting lab work done and being checked by my hematologist. I happily interacted with other patients and many staffers -- white, Black, Filipino, Chinese, Indian, from teens to oldsters in their 80s. Yes, we CAN all get along.

As to the rest, congratulations on finding...nothing.
    You have a lot of problems reading and comprehending, don't you. Athos and I noticed that in the past.

Gene Lyons, one of my favorite newspaper columnists (a Southern guy!) wrote in his newest column yesterday:
    ***Republican thinkers today call it “replacement theory,” the notion that Democrats are scheming to subvert American democracy by importing nonwhite immigrants to support leftist ideology.

It’s the particular passion of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson. The New York Times has documented more than 400 mentions of the theory on his program since 2016 — keeping his audience of suspicious old coots sitting there anxiously clutching the TV remote.***
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 10:51 AM
    It isn't unusual but it's wrong.
    So you are opposed to organizations like BLM and other groups that emphasize black voting strength, or groups that appeal to the gay vote, or the female vote? Strange since you only seem to be opposed to it when it's allegedly coming from whites. Or for that matter groups that appeal to republican voters or democrat voters like you are also "wrong"? Serious question. It's an interesting topic.

Reading comp? The usual plea when your articles don't support your views. Athos? He seems to have fled the scene.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 10:54 AM
    I just now added more to my post above.

Those groups shouldn't be necessary, but guess why they are. Are you opposed to Black voters, LGBT+ voters? Or a better question is, WHY are you opposed to their voting?
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 11:02 AM
    It’s the particular passion of Fox News’ Tucker Carlson. The New York Times has documented more than 400 mentions of the theory on his program since 2016 — keeping his audience of suspicious old coots sitting there anxiously clutching the TV remote.***
    But that's a flat lie. They did not document 400 instances of "the theory" on his program. Even your own article, which I quoted above, said otherwise.

So again. If what he is saying is true, then why is it such a problem? Do you simply not like the truth?

Those groups shouldn't be necessary, but guess why they are. Are you opposed to Black voters, LGBT+ voters?
    Now you're changing your tune. You said above that it was "wrong", but now it's suddenly "necessary". Is it wrong always?

I'm not opposed to anyone voting. It's the wonderful right of every American citizen. But you said groups were "wrong". Are they "wrong"?

This is what's wrong with so much of politics in America. Rational conversations cannot be had without accusations of racism or other insults being tossed about. "What? You said XYZ? Then you must be a hateful racist!!" It's really sickening.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 11:03 AM
    I said, Mr. Literalist, that they're wrong because "We're all in this together and must work together in order to have the best life." Those groups were formed because whites were pushing them down and away.
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 11:08 AM
    So groups can be rightfully formed to advance common political agendas unless the groups are white? If, for instance, gay groups are lobbying for what they perceive to be in their own best interests, then how does that equate to all of us being in this together and working together?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 11:11 AM
    So again. If what he is saying is true, then why is it such a problem? Do you simply not like the truth?
    As Pilate asked, "What is truth?"

If, for instance, gay groups are lobbying for what they perceive to be in their own best interests, then how does that equate to all of us being in this together and working together?
    Why do they have to lobby?
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 11:23 AM
    Hmm. You answered the question with a question. At any rate, why does any group lobby? They do it to advance what is, in their view, the best interests of the GROUP. Not the common good, but the group good. Isn't that what you said you were opposed to?

Are you now aligning yourself with Pilate?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 21, 2022, 11:30 AM
    Groups lobby and demonstrate because the whites (especially men) in power refuse to allow them a voice. Why weren't women allowed to vote? Oh yeah, the only true woman was a submissive wife and mother preoccupied with the home and family affairs.

Are you now aligning yourself with Pilate?
    Well, you sure missed my point on that one! Gee whiz!
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 11:31 AM
    I think your point was valid at one time, but no more. Women do have the vote, anyone who wants to can vote, in some cases dead people vote, so voting is no problem. Voices are heard every election cycle. In Mississippi, for instance, there are more elected black local officials than in any other state in the country. The capitol city has a black mayor and a largely black city council.

I guess if I understand you correctly, everyone gets to have groups except for white people?
    Uber Member

May 21, 2022, 11:37 AM
    And especially white men?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2022, 11:38 AM
    The quote is from over a year ago . I tried to find the original transcript of the show or the video of that segment and could not . I don't know what context those words were used . But I repeat . The theory is a theory that the Dems invented and were happy to express it .

Just this week the theory was modified from the original

The original as expressed by the wack job shooter was that a Jewish cabal is bringing minorities into the country to replace white majorities. Variations of the theory replace a Jewish cabal with global elites. . Then the theory was again modified to say that it is a Dem strategy that racist whites (ie Republicans ) oppose .

The accusation serves a purpose. By conflating the conspiracy theories of maniacs like the Buffalo shooter with legitimate calls for border security and controls on illegal immigration, the left can smear all Republicans as white supremacists.

The Dems know that as French philosopher Auguste Comte said (paraphrase ) demography is destiny .It shapes communities ,economies and nations .As I already showed ,in the book ,'The Emerging Democratic Majority' ,the Dem assumption is that immigration, legal and illegal, will swell the ranks of Dem voters and hasten the emergence of a permanent Dem majority.. For years, they bragged that massive immigration would usher in a Dem majority .
    So it is no secret . It is classic projection . They accuse Repubs of things they are guilty of.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Bison and buffalo the same? [ 4 Answers ]

A park ranger recently told my tour group Bison and Buffalo are the same. My research indicates they are different animals from different continents. What is the real answer?

Buffalo Nickel [ 5 Answers ]

Howdy again everyone! I have found a perfect condition, non-replica, readable Buffalo nickel! The ONLY thing I cannot read is the date. Any good prices? It looks really old but is in great condition. :) Thanks. Bye.

American Buffalo [ 1 Answers ]

This weekend I went to see a play called American Buffalo Directed by Robert Falls, John Leguizamo, Cedric the Entertainer, and Haley Joel Osment star. I was so disappointed, not with the acting but the story line. I was never at a point where my interest level was high. Tell me what you...

View more questions Search