Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JCBNLA Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2022, 03:12 AM
    Calculating the Odds for a Yahtzee Dice Throw
    Suppose on a piece of paper I write down 5 numbers, each number being 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. Then I shake 5 dice in a Yahtzee cup and cast them. What are the odds that the five numbers I wrote down will match the numbers on the tops of the five dice? It would not matter which die had which number, just as long as the 5 numbers written on the paper match the 5 numbers on the tops of the dice.

Is the calculation 1/6 to the power of 5 = 1/7,776? Are those odds then expressed as "1 out of 7,776"? Or does the fact that it doesn’t matter which die has which number complicate the calculation?

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating odds using points [ 5 Answers ]

I'm starting a little friendly fifa world cup pool on Facebook with my friends (no money), and I would like to calculate the odds of team A beating team B using their Fifa points standings only. So basically lets say I choose team A and my buddy chooses team B. And team A has 1200 points and team B...

What is the name of the co dice that were dice models of monsters and had symbols [ 0 Answers ]

They were little dragons with circles on the front and back that looked like eyes had symbols on them and you could role them like dice

Calculating Raffle Odds [ 13 Answers ]

I have been trying to figure this out, have done many, many searches, read hundreds of pages, and still cannot understand the calculation. (Most questions have to do with lotto odds... ) The specifics are, for example: 100,000 entries 5 prizes of equal value 50 entries. I thank anyone...

Dice [ 1 Answers ]

Which of these events is more likely? A) At least one six is obtained when six dice are rolled. B) At least two sixes are obtained when 12 dice are rolled. C) At least 3 sixes are obtained when 18 dice are rolled.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.