Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2022, 05:04 AM
    The Trojan MAGA candidate in PA ? Primary day
    I commented about candidate Kathy Barnette ;who is a very compelling and interesting candidate for the Republican primary for Senate in PA

Deep state swamp infiltrates SCOTUS - Page 10 (askmehelpdesk.com)

She claims to be a conservative MAGA candidate . But Trump is endorsing Dr Oz She was until recently not seriously vetted . Things have come up about various social media comments that don't appear too serious to me (anti-gay anti-Muslim ) and some comments about race relations that a pack supporting Dr Oz took way out of context. )

She is dodging interviews related to her claims of serving in the military and other aspects of her resume . They appear to be technical in which branch of the military/reserves she served and how long and what rank. No one is making a claim of stolen valor .

She has financial backing from 'Club for Growth ' which is a conservative but anti-Trump organization . Once supporters of Trump ,they turned over disagreements about trade policy.

She got support from the Susan B Anthony Foundation which was timely given the abortion debate . There are questions about Dr Oz's position on abortion.

If I was going to the polls today my focus would be which candidate has the best chance to win the general election .I believe that would be Dave McCormick .

It's anybody's guess in the Pennsylvania Republican primary | Washington Examiner
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 17, 2022, 11:34 AM
    She got support from the Susan B Anthony Foundation which was timely given the abortion debate . There are questions about Dr Oz's position on abortion.
    The great disappointment of voting repub. The commitment to life is frequently pretty soft.
    Ultra Member

May 19, 2022, 04:48 AM
    It appears that Barnette siphoned enough votes away from Dr Oz to make this contest too close to call.

My growing fear is that the Repubs having the clear momentum going into the elections ,are going to make the same mistakes of 2010 when they could've done much better had they not nominated a bunch of pretend Tea Party wannabe clowns .On paper, the Repubs had a victory, picking up 63 seats in the House and a net gain of six seats in the Senate.But they blew a chance to retake the Senate. They put up weak candidates in several winnable races. In general it is not good when your candidate has to deny being a witch. ( Christine O’Donnell in Delaware.) Sharon Angle lost a chance to unseat Harry Reid in Nevada because she was deemed too radical by the voters of the state. This also led to the GOP going soft and mushy in 2012 by nominating the RINO Mittens Romney.

They also reneged on their biggest campaign pledge to reverse and replace Obamacare .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 19, 2022, 07:23 AM
    They also reneged on their biggest campaign pledge to reverse and replace Obamacare .
    The problem there seems to be the question of what to replace OCare with. The best answer, I think, is two-fold. 1. Go back to individuals being responsible for paying for their own healthcare. 2. Begin the process of figuring out why American healthcare is so frighteningly expensive with the idea in mind of doing something about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2022, 04:35 AM
    Update . It's Dr Oz for the Repubs and Lt. Gov. John Fetterman for the Dems .

Fetterman had a stroke and surgery in May. Since then he has adopted Clueless Joe's campaign strategery of a campaign from the safe confines of his home. He sends out negative tweets suggesting Oz is a carpetbagger (like that ever stopped Dem Senate candidates like RFK who became NY Senator from a Manhattan hotel room) .

Oz used a heavy ad campaign to defeat challenger David McCormick. Since then his ads have almost disappeared .Instead he is doing some good ole fashion barnstorming .....over 2,500 miles on local state roads .He has held over 50 campaign events in 20 counties.

Fetterman by contrast has no ground game at all. He has never needed to rely heavily on the Dem machine in the state before and it does not appear that he is trying to nurture one now. He has never been seriously challenged before by a Repub. Likewise Oz ,being a novice ,has never run against a Dem.

Fetterman leads Oz by 6 points in a race polls show is tightening .
    Oz's negatives is that he is not a professional politician . He needs to shed that carpetbagger label .He needs to convince the voters that he can do the job.

Fetterman has a tougher challenge. Voters in Pennsylvania are leaving the Dems in droves .He also has some bad performance by Clueless Joe's administration that has affected the state . Theoretically all Oz has to do is run against Clueless Joe and the failures of the Dem progressive model that is really impacting the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to mix a primary color from other primary colors [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Yes I know the title makes no sense. Im trying to buy some textile paints for the airbrush. Trouble is these are the colors offered-Blue(Green) Red(Orange) Yellow(Green). I rang to ask what that means assuming it means they are not pure primarys and she said the color in brackets is a kind...

NY 26th Budget cuts v Mediscare v Trojan Tea Party Candidate [ 105 Answers ]

Jack Kemp's old district in Republican reliable Snow Country is up for grabs in a special election next week. This seat was a solid Republican seat for years. It voted twice for president George Bush and solidly for John McCain in 2008' But it became vacant after incumbent Chris Lee decided...

F1 to OPT Candidate [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I did not work for any employer in 2008, do I need to file for the tax? Please help me as soon as possible.

Am I A Candidate? [ 26 Answers ]

Don't laugh. I would like to know if I can learn some lite forms of martial arts for self-defense. I think this way because I do not always have a gun handy. I do carry a bat ( short bat ) in my car though. However, I am interested in a one on one Scenario. The funny part is that I will be 54...

View more questions Search